New Member Introductions thread
Jul 8, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #3,831 of 15,540
Wazaaa !!!
From Houston,... Never been here, nor lurked, heck i never knew a place like this existed hahaha.
No idea what i am. Coming from Computer, Tech Gadget and Piano world.

I was invited to the first Houston meet xD it was interesting !!!

Made me understand what I was missing in Audio, and helped me fix my audio issue with my Gaming rig hahaha.

Cayin C5 w/ MDR-V6 on Galaxy Alpha Octa (Noob stuff xD nothing fancy like EIMs that i saw in Houston meet)

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #3,834 of 15,540
Hello all,

I am PJ from the U.S. and I am here to learn more about home-made IEMs. From following the thread, I have managed to gather and create all the materials and equipment to make my own set of custom in-ear monitors. The only thing custom is the shell. Until I know more, copying freely shared ideas from members is the sincerest form of flattery. I decided to register as a member to be able to join the discussion.

Jul 9, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #3,835 of 15,540
I'm Ed. I love computers, tech, toys, and music. Been building computers since I was 11. Only in the last couple of years have I come over to the A/V side of things. I'm a day away from completing a new build and I decided to take my headphone game to a new level. Want to learn more about what makes a great headphone(for me and my tastes) how desktop, portable amps are different from home Amps, and eventually get to a point where I'll fall in love with this categories of tech and start spending even more money!!! LOL. Thanks for having me.

Jul 9, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #3,836 of 15,540
"keystrokes keystrokes keystrokes"

here to get some questions answered and nobody reads this so blah blah

more will be added to whatever this profile thing is later once I get those permissions

thanks guys, peace

learn more about me from my steam profile, its zeream and it has its own steamcommunity url.

Jul 9, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #3,837 of 15,540
Started my own thread for this... oops, the email told me too!

Hi everyone! new to the community!

hoping to learn more and find some deals on good headphones.

I'm Zalaki btw! See you around the boards!

Jul 9, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #3,838 of 15,540

more will be added to whatever this profile thing is later once I get those permissions

thanks guys, peace

learn more about me from my steam profile, its zeream and it has its own steamcommunity url.

Assumptions can be very wrong. You are being watched. I personally read every new members introduction and I know I am not on my own. Since you think it's pointless to introduce yourself, I'll take the same perception about me having to go elsewhere to know you. Be happy :)

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #3,839 of 15,540

thanks guys, peace

A lot of people here read this and help out when possible. Ask away!

Jul 10, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #3,840 of 15,540
Hello everyone, I been lurking and soaking up as much information as possible. I don't consider myself on the level of an audiophile, but I love music. I own the V-Moda M100s, the B&W P7, and the Sennheiser over the ear Momentums, and have for a few years. I recently tried the Audeze EL-8c titaniums with the cipher cable for iPhone and loved them. I made the mistake of going to Audeze's website and clicked on the LCD series tab. What a mistake. After reading more forum posts, reviews, and watching countless videos on youtube, I ordered a Audeze Deckard and LCD-XC. I had them delivered to my business and the day they arrived, I quickly unboxed them and plugged them into my Macbook Pro, put them on and was.... underwhelmed. Um.... this doesn't sound like a $2500 set up.... what gives? Noob Noob Noob, figure this out, you are doing something wrong. Get home, lets fix this, more research, you get out what you put in, don't put regular unleaded into a Ferrari, it wants 100 octane! Signed up trial to TIDAL Hifi and Amarra for TIDAL. Added a few tracks to the playlist and hit the play button. Without noticing, I closed my eyes and got lost in track after track. From Adele to Nirvana, Elton John to Dave Matthews, Hip Hop, Rap, even some Hans Zimmer and John Williams. Wow. I don't know how long I stayed up, I lost track of time thinking what else to add to my playlist. Next few days I listened to the XC, and my sickness set in, what else is out there? More youtube videos, more research. To make a long story less long, I rented the LCD-3, LDC-X, and Sennheiser HD 800 from Lumoid.com and ordered Mr. Speakers' Ether C (purely based on Innerfidelity's youtube review). Like a fool that had gone mad, I listened to one song back to back to back with all the headphones, rotating, trying to pick up the differences between them, what does this do best, what does this do better than that one... I was thinking of writing a review and a vs thread, but this forum has plenty of those, and they are pretty much spot on with my opinion. One thing is pretty clear, It's hard to raise a headphone above your head as if Prince Adams of Eternia is about to summon the Powers of Grayskull and say, "this is the best headphone"... Rather, after reading so many viewpoints and reviews, what should be said is, "this is the best headphone... for me". The Lumoid headphones go back on Tuesday, so for me, it will be between the Mr. Speakers Ether C and the LCD-XC. I wouldn't call myself a bass head, but the bass of the LCD-XC (and of course the LCD-X) is just awesome. Too much bass for some? Yeah, probably. It's a colored sound. I'm trying my best to like the Ether C. Why? They are just so damned lightweight compared to the LCD-XC. So There is also a lot to like about them. Amazing soundstage for a closed headphone, clarity, detail, they sound awesome, but where is the bass? It's tight, its accurate, but I want more. I was told to burn them in and then give the final judgement, that is my current plan. Also, I felt I was really pushing my Audeze Deckard to get the most out of the Ether C, and it just wasn't doing it justice. More research, WA7 fireflies? Lets try, get them on Monday. Until then, with all the headphones in my current possession, I still reach more often for the LCD-XC. Like your first lover, you will always compare subsequent lovers to your first, better or not, they will always have a soft spot in your mind. Very excited to hear the WA7s and do some tube rolling with the XCs and Ether Cs. Hello everyone, I'm Smazz, and I have a sickness, but this sickness is so much fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back