New Member Introductions thread
May 7, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #3,618 of 15,646
Howdy!

I've visited head-fi off and on through the years when searches have led me here in researching gear or looking for other information. Since I seem to be getting more into headphones/listening to music now and just picked up my first headphone amp based off of reviews here, I figured why not join. I like to listen to a wide variety of music, but find myself very interested in Vocaloid for the past couple years, specifically the electronica and heavier rock/metal areas of it.

Anyways, here I am to learn more and hopefully contribute what I can that could be of help to someone.

May 7, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #3,619 of 15,646
Hello !

Well i love music since my childhood, and i try to do everything to listen it with the best condition. As headphone i have an AKG k702 for years that is used with a nuforce udh-100 dac. For now i am working on a diy project featuring two case, one with the power supply, the other with a pretty all-in-one solution : 

usb xmos + ak4490 dac, pcm1704 dac + digital player, preamp, phono stage and headamp.

I also need to finish a squarewave head amp clone (kevin gilmore) that i have since a long time, but always with 2-3 parts missing :)

I read this forum often but never create an account. I hope i can offer my poor knowledge to the community ! 

May 8, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #3,620 of 15,646
Hi all, not exactly new but more as an observer before.  I've been able to do more headphone listening lately and, I was able to do more comparisons with DSD and PCM studio masters. Still very hard to decide which is the way to go, really depends on the mastering. Also, just ordered a Schiit MJ2, hopefully it will integrate into my system and enhance the performance and operation.  My set-up is totally diskless as follows; 

- iMac with Hi-res files as the source (keeping all the HiRes files local on the Mac)
- Pure Music + iTunes as the player (I will try Audirvana + again when the MJ2 gets here),     
- Chord Hugo for conversions (DSD & PCM) 
- Audeze LCD3 for playback

The MJ2 hopefully will help enhance the LCD3s with balance output and, integrate my desktop speakers (Mark and Daniel Maximus Mini+/ NuForce amp) with its pre out.

Good listening and Cheers everyone!
beerchug.gif

simonc

May 8, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #3,621 of 15,646
Hello everyone!

My very first time to join a forum, though I've been reading HeadFi for quite a while. I've assembled my headphone rig by reading members' recommndations and suggestions. I have a Liquid Carbon - 2Qute - HEK. Very excited to be a part of a community who loves to listen to music as much as I do.

I'm Ronnie

May 8, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #3,622 of 15,646
Hello everyone.

I started following the forum in the autumn. I had decided that listening to music and podcasts on my phone using an old pair of Shure SE 100s, no longer satisfied me.
So I started reading reviews of DAPs and headphones, but then spotted the OPPO - HA2 and bought one for my commute, and an audioquest dragonfly v1.2 for the desktop. 
Next i started thinking about upgrading my old pair of Grado SR80s, and was delighted when I spotted a forum post about Sennheiser HD 598SEs being on offer on cyber monday - so i snapped up a pair.
A few weeks later I thought that I deserved a christmas present, so I watched the new year sales, and bought a new pair of speakers, plus a pair of Bayer DT770 Pros (so that i can listen to videos, without keeping my cat awake).

The result of all these purchases, was that I started to hear new depths in my CDs, so I am enjoying my music again, and expanding my music collection.

But you know what it is like when you start enjoying your music again - you have stepped onto a never-ending road of exploring new music, and buying new kit.
I still need to replace my Shures, so I keep following some of the forum threads.
I have also been planning to replace the OPPO with a Chord Mojo, once they release the add-on modules that will hold SD cards. Unfortunately the release date always seems to be 9 months away, so the OPPO lives on for a bit longer.

Anyway that explains where i am on my head-fi journey - a few steps down a long and windy road. 
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #3,625 of 15,646
I'm apparently the latest new guy to join.  Been doing a lot of reading here, and I figured it was high time I join.

My primary way of listening with headphones is at work using my work computer as my primary source.  Usually listening to something off of Amazon Music, but I plan on moving my music files (ALAC mostly) over in the future.

I use ATH-M50x and Creative Sound Blaster E1.

While walking, I use my phone and Klipsch R6i to watch Netflix or listen to music.

Years ago, I would use the Bose QuietComfort 15 while studying, traveling, working, etc.  Eventually I grew tired of having to replace the batteries, so I branched out.  I use them for flying and for yard work :)

May 8, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #3,626 of 15,646
New guy here. I have recently rediscovered my love for music.

Hope to learn a bunch here. Especially when it comes to turntables.

I am currently running the following equipment.

Marantz SR5007 used with iPod/Spotify/Pandora

AT LP60-it is the wife's. I want something better

Sonia Faber Venre2.0's

Rel T9

Sorry no fancy cable just some monoprice 14ga with Sewell connectors

May 9, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #3,629 of 15,646
Hi @ everyone :)

im Nik, i visit this forum for years.
Now, after accidentally meeting Jude at "high end" in munich, i think i need an account here, to say thakt for giving me & my brother that tip to hear that awesome "MSB" setup with STAX headphones. It was amazing!!!

thanks Jude!
redface.gif

Sorry for my english, its not the beste (german would say: its not the yellow of the egg
biggrin.gif
)

May 9, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #3,630 of 15,646
Hello.

I'm iikkw12.  I like things.  They don't have to be the nicest things, but I like them to be at least DECENT things.  So no junky headphones.  No bargain barrel computers.  Decent headphones, for a decent price, and decent computers, for a decent price.  I like decent.

*waves*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back