New Member Introductions thread
Jan 9, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #2,988 of 15,646
Hi everyone, I'm Ken just starting out with headphones. I was one of those who sold his stereo,speakers and bought a sound bar- sub for movies. Hard to listen to music with that setup.  Been thinking about new stereo system but maybe a nice headphone an amp setup might do the trick. I'm waiting for 400i I just purchase, stuck in China. I know I'm going to needs some help with a amp. Nice to be on board.  Ken

Jan 10, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #2,993 of 15,646
Wrong thread, apologies...

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #2,994 of 15,646
Hi,

I've been reading here for a couple months now and thought it was time to make an account
I'm not a big poster usually but i will try to get involved whenever i can add to the conversation :)

After years of owning some cheap sennheisers i recently bought some entry level heaphones (Koss pro4s)
i did a little reading up on them here and i read mostly positive things on them
and they look pretty good and are comfortable to wear for long periods of time, I use them over 8 hours a day at work.

However after buying these i realize there is much more to music than i thought. I can actually hear things I never heard in my favorite songs.
Now I hope not all my money will be spend on audio stuff :D

I notice that my cell phone is not ok to drive these headphones (strange as they are listed being 35 ohms)
but everything sounds better when i use my PC.

So now I am looking for a DAP, probably the fiio X3 II as i can use it as a DAC too and my PC is putting out a fair amount of white noise.
I am not a real audiophile, and i don't think i will ever be able to as my hearing is not that well anymore
( have some tinnitus form the younger years) but i do enjoy music.

Looking forward to being a member of this awesome community.

Kind regards, 
Proslacker

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #2,995 of 15,646
Hello everyone!

I've occasionally stumbled across this website and I felt it was about time I joined the forums.
Since I don't exactly have many friends that shares my passion for good audio quality I took the obvious step and registered here.  

I have a huge passion for music which is only amplified by my strong desire for high end audio quality. And since being an audiophile is a costly hobby I have dedicated the rest of my life to progressively build up a selection of equipment that gets me closer to my ever expanding music library. 

My current equipment consist of: 
- Two headphones; a Sennheiser Momentum 1st generation and an Audio-Technica ATH-M70X.
- A dap: an Astell & Kern AK 120 1st generation.

I am seriously considering a high end in-ear monitor such as the Shure SE846 or the Sennhesier ie800 in the future. After that I plan to build a home system at some point.

Looking forward to meet you all and explore these forums.

Cheers!

Amplicific

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #2,996 of 15,646
Hey guys!

l just signed up to be a member of this forum yesterday. l am a studio musician and l have been on here for a while reading reviews of some excellent headphones. My Shure 215's just gave out and l am on the hunt for new universals to use during studio sessions and live recording. There are so many great choices out there so l am excited to hear everyones input when l am able to create a thread. Hope everyone has a great day!
L3000.gif

Ty

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #2,997 of 15,646
Hello all,

I'm a long time lurker and I've (wisely) decided to finally create an account in order to engage directly with this awesome community. To this point the extent of my audiophile cred has been a pair of Grado SR-80s I purchased about a decade ago. They've served me well, but it's time to move on up in the world and I've begun researching a proper DAC/Amp combo to go with the new HD 650s that are currently on their way. I'm looking forward to sifting through and benefiting from your collective expertise. =)

-Katrar

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #2,998 of 15,646
Hello from Canada!  Looking forward getting more involved on this forum.

After purchasing a pair of M50s a couple years back, I've gotten more into personal audio and have been always looking keep moving forward.   Since then I've had the chance to try out the Q701s, Fidelio X2s, and the HD598s (my daily driver).    Looking forward to exploring what else is out there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back