New Member Introductions thread
Jan 4, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #2,959 of 15,646
Greetings, Friends. 

I'm here to learn.  My new pair of Sony MDR-V6 arrived at the office today, and I'm using them with an iPhone 6s - usually streaming Spotify Premium, sometimes playing tracks purchased from iTunes or imported at 192kpbs from my CD library.  I know I have a long way to go, but this is where I'm starting.  I'm excited.

I plan to purchase a few of the Schiit products thanks to the encouraging reviews here, and will likely end up with a Magni2 Uber, a Modi2 Uber, and eventually an SYS and a Mani to complement the turntable I'm considering.  I'll probably do a Pro-ject Debut Carbon DE Esprit SB with the Ortofon 2M red cartridge, though I'm considering a Rega as well.  All feedback or suggestions welcome.

I'm grateful to this forum and its members for the education I've already received; I look forward to learning more and hopefully being able to help a person in my current shoes one day to pay you all back.

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #2,961 of 15,646
Hello there,
    I was referred here by Tangent of the renown Audiologica pages. I'm just getting into DIY headphone amplifiers and he suggested this forum.  :)

I'm a fan of Sennheiser cans and used to have a Headroom Total Bithead (until it died...)  Oh sad day...

So far, I like what I see.  :D

Cheers!

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #2,962 of 15,646
Hello there,
I'm a Chinese audiophile and came here to get some view of "What does the foreigner think about XX headphone/dac/amp".
I'm just a simple AKG&Beyer player. 
My favorite headphone is DT880 of Beyer and K601 of AKG.
I think it's a good place for me to learn something.
And Happy New Year to you guys.

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #2,963 of 15,646
Hey everyone, I'm the new guy here who happened to stumble onto this super cool site while searching for a new pair of headphones for work. I am a building custodian (night shift), so I wear my headphones (over-ear) for 8 hours a night. I dug out the only headphones I've ever owned, which are Sony MDR-V150's from probably 1990 or so, and I really want to listen to a better, more comfortable set all night, every night. I have recently discovered dubstep music, along with the other 50 genres that I listen to, so my current phones are having a hard time keeping up with that type of music. I'm looking for any info and/or recommendations for the most comfortable set of headphones that are versatile enough to wear for 8 hours and reproduce all sorts of music accurately. Obviously, I am not a wealthy man, so they will probably have to be in the sub $100 dollar range. If I can find the right make and model, I figure I can search the classifieds and maybe get a great deal on a pair I normally couldn't afford. So that is my strategy!!!

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #2,964 of 15,646
Hello everyone!!  Long time reader and first time poster here.  Just got my first pair of nice headphones, the Sennheiser HD650.  I'm new to the headphone world but not to the high end audio world.  I've been running these cans off of a Manley Stingray 2 amp and am looking for something more headphone specific for these.

Jan 5, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #2,965 of 15,646
Hi everyone! I'm reading this forum for some time, but this is my first post. I'm musician, playng electric guitar in progressive-rock/metal band. Here I'm looking for new on-ear headphones for my Cowon C2 player. I was using Phonak 122 for quite a while, but lost all suitable earbuds, and my Grado iGrado are open design - no sound isolation for public transport and street...looking for lively, engaging sound. Not a basshead at all, love fast, controlled and punchy bass. Currently I'm torned between Audio Technica ES700 and Beyerdynamic T51p... cannot listen for them before buying, so any advice from you would be nice.
I listen to many genres - jazz, smooth jazz, rock, progressive rock/metal, also some Irish folk, and acoustic.

Jan 5, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #2,966 of 15,646
Hi!,
I recently caught the headphone virus thanks to Massdrop and I'm slowly building up quite the gear collection. I'm here to discuss but especially learn from the awesome community. English is not my first language so excuse my grammar!

the gear:
AKG K7xx
HIFI Man HE 560
Sennheiser HD650

All driven by a Uber Schiit stack!

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #2,967 of 15,646
Greetings everyone,
New guy here too, I go by the same name on a few other forums.

My toys:
HIFIMAN HE400i (new revision) 
smily_headphones1.gif

audio-technia ATH M50x (white) 
k701smile.gif

Mayflower Electronics Standard Objective 2 + ODAC Rev. B. 
smile.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #2,968 of 15,646
Registered an account today. I lurked around for a bit when I was looking for infobon head/earphones. I believe I learnes of the Xiaomi pistons from here. Anyway Hi

a-JAYS One and Two
Klipsch S4
Xiaomi Piston 2/2.1
Xiaomi Piston 3
Xiaomi Hybrid IEM

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #2,969 of 15,646
  Hello there,
I'm a Chinese audiophile and came here to get some view of "What does the foreigner think about XX headphone/dac/amp".
I'm just a simple AKG&Beyer player. 
My favorite headphone is DT880 of Beyer and K601 of AKG.
I think it's a good place for me to learn something.
And Happy New Year to you guys.

Are you in China? Whereabouts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back