New Member Introductions thread
Dec 29, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #2,941 of 15,621
Hey all!

Daki here, I'd like to start by thanking this community for all of the help they have provided me through reviews and discussions thus far without even having an account.

That's why I HAD to sign up. I'm a total audio noob and this community seems to be very active and helpful. ^^

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #2,942 of 15,621
Hi everyone.
My name is Tung and I'm from Vietnam. Have been reading reviews on this forum since I decided to buy my 1st headphone (Panasonic HTF600). Now, having some questions myself, I think it's time to create an account :D
I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Dec 30, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #2,945 of 15,621
Hi, I'm Bob from Dallas. I have a nice set of lps that date back to the late sixties that I've just been getting reacquainted to since having my Bang and Olufsen 8002 turntable rebuilt. I've been buying upgraded earbuds since the iPod days before iPhone but I'm not as knowledgeable about mobile wear and new players.
I'll have lots of questions so please be patient with me. I listen to about half my music on the go so mobile ear phones are important to me. I've had the Shure 846 for just over two years. I've worked up the Shure list from 430s to 535s. Prior to iPhone I was an Ultimate Ears owner, among others.

Dec 31, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #2,947 of 15,621
Hi new member long time lurker here  I'm Rod from London now living in Worcestershire . Into all kinds of music and would welcome some recommendations with regards new kit I have an OPPO HA-2 DAC and some AKG K550 Headphones and also some Soundmagic E80's E10s and Sennheiser CX300 Earphones  as well as an Ipod touch 6th Gen and Ipod classic 7thgen and 5.5 gen Firstly I'd be looking for music player which accepts a micro sd card up to around £300 max although cheaper the better as I assume the OPPO would take care of the DAC/AMP duties? , second will be to upgrade my Earphones up to £300 max again and then finally the Headphones again up to £300 max any and all suggestions greatly received , Cheers Rod. 

Dec 31, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #2,948 of 15,621
Hi  

Can't figure out what to get for my Grado RS2E : Questyle QP1R ? Astell & Kern 100ii ? Cowon Plenue 1 ?

All the same price, love the design of Astell & Kern, not fond of the clicking wheel, DAC function would be nice but...which one ultimately delivers the best sound ? How would you guys rank them ?   Many thanks in advance and happy new year from Paris, France

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #2,949 of 15,621
Hi.

I'm new to audio and headphones. Currently I own the HE-400i after the recent sales and am still looking for an amplifier/DAC.
So far without an amplifier they are a little disappointing, they sound kinda sibilant in a lot of recordings but hopefully a better source will fix that.

Jan 1, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #2,950 of 15,621
Hello all,

I go by ProximityValues on my new YouTube channel Techadence, It has no videos uploaded as of yet although it will soon feature two in relation to audio a review of my Westone W40s and the yet to arrive Flare Audio R2As. (I rarely use overhead devices as I have a very large head)

I hope to post overviews for the products I review here and link or embed the video also :) 

Any suggestions are welcome and if you're interested in seeing a video I intend to have the W40 video uploaded by Tuesday!!

Jan 1, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #2,951 of 15,621
Hi.

Long time reader here, probably about 2 years by now. Thanks to this website I got me my Sony MDR-1R, AKG K550, and Audio Technica ATH M40x, as well as other lesser headphones.
After reading for so long, I decided to join and further expand my headphone inventory, and someday probably buy a good amp (Fiio E6 is all I have so far) and a DAC. 

I'm glad to be part of this community!

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #2,952 of 15,621
Hello!

I love listening to music and I am fed up with crappy headphones that deliver muddy sound with excessive bass. I have recently purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD 558 and I love them! The past week I have been learning a lot about headphones and IEM's. If you guys have any recommendations for people new around here please let me know! Have a good rest of yhour day everyone.

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #2,954 of 15,621
Hi folks!

As you may know, I'm new here... as all of you are in this thread. I am a total music enthusiast. I listen to basically everything. I found this site while looking for new tubes for my Little Dot MKIII. Thanks to the wonderful Little Dot Tube Rolling forum, I am now the proud owner of some cold war Soviet drivers. They just arrived this afternoon!

Looking forward to lots more advice and discussion.

Thanks,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back