New Member Introductions thread
Dec 9, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #2,821 of 15,646
Hi everybody,

I have read thousands and thousands of posts on here over the years and only now finally decided to join. My headphone journey has been a simple and budget affair, beginning with Monoprice 8320s back in 2012- on a whim I found some biflange silicon tips and stuffed the outer flange with foam earlier this spring and finally got a reliable seal and good sound. Since then, I acquired Monoprice 9963s and Panasonic HJE120s but it wasn't until I attended RMAF with my dad, and spent some time at CanJam that I was able to better discover the sound signature/details I appreciated. I am on an *extremely* tight budget, but have found ways to enjoy music like I never have before. Currently I have Koss KSC75 on a Parts Express headband and iPhone 5S w/ Spotify premium and am very pleased. Hoping to nab some VE Monks when they're available next as my newest headphone.

Cheers

Dec 9, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #2,823 of 15,646
Just saying "Hi" to this forum.

I've been lurking for a week now and really liked the what I see from the community and decided to take a more active role.

I found this forum because my sansa clip zip got stolen and I needed a replacement asap, so I started googling and here I am.  .
I've been reading, learning etc... and now I already bought xduoo x2, and three sets of headphones.

This is not looking good for my wallet, but am glad to be a small part of this community.

Cheers!

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #2,824 of 15,646
Hi,

I am new here but I have been into decent audio for a while. Recently I have set out to get some better / more serious gear which is why I have joined in the hope of getting some advise. I recently bought a pair of Shure 1840s to replace my HD518s.

/Mads

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #2,826 of 15,646
Hey y'all from Texas,

I've been burning bandwidth on this site so I thought I'd join. My kid wanted some headphones and that started me down a scary path. Now I have a pair of HifiMAN and Grados on their way for myself. This is a bad place for me to be, lol. Great reviews and wonderful community. Thanks for all the information you guys leave here.

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #2,827 of 15,646
New to this forum, always been interested in music, i have a couple of media players, an ipod classic, cowon X7, and just purchased an Fiio X1, looking for set of in ear headphones specifically for the X1 as it will play higher resolution music files, not looking to break the bank, a decent entry level set of in ear headphones, any recommendations will be appreciated.

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #2,829 of 15,646
Hey, my name is Kyle. I have always liked music, but finally got around to buying some nice headphones and a hybrid tube amp. I'm here now finally and wanted to discuss with you guys, so I joined.

Dec 10, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #2,832 of 15,646
Dec 10, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #2,834 of 15,646
Hi! New to high-end personal audio, not new to audio (car systems since 1999, home theater since 2010...my poor wallet!) Recently upgraded from Cowon iAudio7 to FiiO X5ii. Just bought a FiiO E12A headphone amp. Next, am strongly considering upgrading FutureSonic Atrio M5 (2007 version) to Shure SE846.

Looking forward to great advice and fun in this forum.

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #2,835 of 15,646
I am new and can't find how to start a thread? I seem to be missing the start new thread button?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back