New Member Introductions thread
Nov 24, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #2,717 of 15,538
I need help finding an appropriate table radio for a bathroom. My wife spends a fair amount of time on hair and makeup, and her tinny radio is driving me crazy. I do not want a shower radio. Just a high quality table radio, probably of plastic construction, that will sound halfway decent in that acoustic environment. Christmas ideas?

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #2,719 of 15,538
Howdy
I've been a member for awhile but never felt the need to intro myself. Good site and I always learn something from it. I also follow Mark Waldrep every day which pushes my level of comprehension
Maurice

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #2,720 of 15,538
Hello! New member here. Always been into music and audio, but recently made the jump into audiophile territory. Probably not at a great time since I just started college, but oh well. Own Beyerdynamic T90's, Ultrasone Pro 550's, and just ordered a Schiit Vali and Modi 2 stack. Real Name is John, Feel free to contact me with any questions about my gear!

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #2,722 of 15,538
  Hi all,

Thanks for this great forum.  I´m trying to upload an image but I´ve got an account permissions error, is this normal?

Thanks

When you first join yes, there are some restrictions on things you can do to make sure you are a bona fide new member and not a spammer. There's a post to report issues to check if it is. Be patient if you do while an admin checks into it.

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #2,723 of 15,538
Hi All

New Member from Scotland, fairly modest audio equipment, I use Spotify, store my music on a NAS box, have finally ripped my CD collection (yes I am of the slightly older generation....and I actually started with viynl!!!) to flac. I use a dragonfly DAC with my laptop and my iPhone and recently bought a Fiio X3ii......only to find the Sony NW-ZX2 in the Amazon Black Friday deals. I have Bose Quiet Comforts 15 and 25 headphones and eclectic collection of Home Cinema/Streaming/Speaker combinations.

I have learnt something here already. The difference between TRS and TRRS and how TRRS can also be used for balanced outputs as opposed to mic/volume/track control.

I look forward to learning more

Thanks

Richard

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #2,724 of 15,538
G'day all.
New member, long time viewer from Australia. My user name is more about my philosophy than my spending habits - no new Orpheus for me. Agonised for months before forking out for HD800's which are, surprisingly, reasonably priced (relatively speaking) down here. Love all the reviews and the Sound Science forum especially.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #2,725 of 15,538
Hi people.
I'm from Portugal and I'm here to learn more about this things.

Now my headphones are not quite good(AKG K512) and I want to upgrade to pioneer. And I this this is the rigth place to clarify my doubts.

Thanks and good night.

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #2,726 of 15,538
  Hi All

New Member from Scotland, fairly modest audio equipment, I use Spotify, store my music on a NAS box, have finally ripped my CD collection (yes I am of the slightly older generation....and I actually started with viynl!!!) to flac. I use a dragonfly DAC with my laptop and my iPhone and recently bought a Fiio X3ii......only to find the Sony NW-ZX2 in the Amazon Black Friday deals. I have Bose Quiet Comforts 15 and 25 headphones and eclectic collection of Home Cinema/Streaming/Speaker combinations.

I have learnt something here already. The difference between TRS and TRRS and how TRRS can also be used for balanced outputs as opposed to mic/volume/track control.

I look forward to learning more

Thanks

Richard

They say old dogs can't learn new tricks, but we do lol. Welcome. Do you like the FiiO X3ii?

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #2,727 of 15,538
Hi everybody!

Found out about this site a week ago when looking for new DAP and headphone combo. Now I have been browsing here every day.
Quality advice and interesting articles.
Right now waiting for my Fiio X3 2gen to arrive, then to headphone shopping. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #2,728 of 15,538
Me too, I am new here. I am trying to start a thread on DIY forum but couldn't find a button to do so.

I am interested mainly in the headphone amplifier DIY. I hope I can seek some answers from the experts on the forum!

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #2,729 of 15,538
I'm a noobie around here, although I've been using the site as a reference for my decisions in recent months.

Currently here is my audio gear...

for the office: AKG k545's that I run through my Fiio x1 DAP

for home: Denon AH D2000's that I run through either my Fiio (when I'm dancing like a fool to the Grateful Dead and Phish) or through my Schiit stack (Magni/Modi) when sitting down to listen to everything else. 

Recently got some Bowers & Wilkins P7's that may replace my work AKG's. 

Currently doing the research to potentially make the dive into open-backed headphones. Currently eyeing the Senn hd650/600's and the Hifiman he400's. 

Cheers!

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #2,730 of 15,538
Hello all,

I am newbie here. I usually play with portable gear such as IEM and portable-amps.
My current gear is sony PHA-3 + sony Z7. For IEM, i got an audio-technica im04 and shure 535.
Since it's black Friday and cyber monday now. I'm looking for some deals online to get a new portable AMPs.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back