New Member Introductions thread
Nov 20, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #2,702 of 15,541
Hi, I love portable goodness in most of it's forms, be it DAT, MP3 players, cassette or good old mini-disc. Soon, I will be ungrading my DAP, ideally to a ZX-1. Current rig is humble compared to some - X Series + Senn CX475. Occasionally use my WMD-DT1 DAT player for fun, or my Sony WM-DD9 cassette player just for kicks.

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #2,703 of 15,541
Hi folks I'm a young man from Finland and I love, really just love MUSIC and High quality audio..... I dabble in many things and know a lot/master a thing or two. I mainly listen to music at home on a powerful desktop PC Setup.....    Looking to set up a nice HiFi headphones+AMP/DAC System at the moment of writing this post. 

I'm not big on portability or portable stuff. Sure I sometimes listen to music on the go, on trips. But portability is 2nd, quality and audio fidelity and power comes first.   I have Audio Technica ATH-M50 White headphones currently as my only headphones inteded for audio/monitoring use mostly. Looking into DT's currently...

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #2,704 of 15,541
  Hi everyone, my name is Asher and I am rediscovering music and equipment which does not challenge my limited budget too much, so I have been lurking here for awhile. Recently I have bought several earphone and headphone sets, and then a fiio E17K DAC, and most recently BenQ treVolo portable electrostatic speakers, all to try and allow me to better enjoy music without becoming bored, annoyed or fatigued.

I have started to realize that, for too long, the noises of the world, and cloying audio which is rampant, have made it more and more difficult to enjoy music. I also understand that apparently signal-to-noise ratio issues increase with age, so that may be part of it.

My music interests fall strongly into the classical, jazz, and vocal areas, and I have realized that what is important to me is to be able to listen to music accurately and clearly, at low to moderate volume, without booming, pumping bass or shrill, sharp treble-- those, along with high volume, seem to be the major issues in fatiguing my ears.

So, I may be posting several newB sort of questions in the next days and weeks; please bear with me and my relative ignorance. I am here to learn from those of you with more experience in the area. Searching for detailed info on various equipment, this forum pops up frequently, so I have finally decided to jump in rather than lurk.

thanks
and greetings from sunny San Francisco

Welcome Asher

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #2,706 of 15,541
Hi all,
Steve here, from the SF Bay area. I became aware of the great strides being made in portable/personal audio about 1.5 years ago, and have gradually accelerated my involvement.

My equipment inventory currently includes: phones--B&W C5 (ver 1), Westone W30, 1964 Ears  V8 CIEM, NAD Viso HP50 (modded with Brainwavz angled pads), Oppo PM-3 and Fiio EX1; amp/dacs--Fiio E07K, LHlabs GO V2+ on order, outputting usb from an android phone, largely Spotify 320K.

Genres of interest include avant-garde/serial/concrete/electronica, fusion-jazz/rock/classical, anything else that grabs me; artists of interest include: Olga Bell, Alva Noto, Wolfgang Mitterer, Gentle Giant, Aphex Twin, Iannis Xenakis, Hiromi, Gyorgy Ligeti, Alain Caron, Murcof, Adam Nitti, Morton Subotnick, George Crumb, Knower, Royksopp, Basement Jaxx, Lily Allen, Esa-Pekka Salonen, etc. etc...

I'm a bit of a heretic; have delved into and come to not caring much about high end amps or other hardware, or high end audio formats; also, am quite fond of EQing, and have not been very impressed with the Senn HD6XXs.  Been to a few shows and heard much of the current high-end gear (under show conditions, however). 

For nexts, I'm looking for a good over ear, probably open, all-rounder (under $2K), though not in a hurry; interest/watch list currently includes EA Dharma D1000, Beyer T1.2, HD800S, HFM edition X, Stax SR-L700/SRM-323S; also intrigued by Paul Barton's hinting at an upcoming upmarket PSB or NAD phone, perhaps containing a hardware virtualizer implementation of some sort (no announcement yet though).  

Thanks--any suggestions or observations would be appreciated!  

Nov 22, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #2,707 of 15,541
Hello my name is Alejandro, I have long read and I am presenting, I love listening to music with headphones, I have several (Fostex 900, Oppo PM1, Sennheiser HD800, Audio Technica ATH-W5000 and I have recently bought new about Audio Technica ATH-W3000ANV) amplification Full Beta22 have a balanced and micro iFi IDSD
Greeting
Alexander.

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #2,712 of 15,541
Hi,
coming from Hamburg, Germany I'm browsing around here for some years, too, I own a few Headphones like DT770 Pro 80, Denon ADH-2000 and now a Nighthawk plus some inears from Sony and B&W and using, beside the ones in the actual amps, some headamps like ProJect headbox and a diy one (The Wire), where the last one sounds (for me) best so far, but there might be better ones around which I think I will docover in the next years or so :) Musicwise it's pretty much anything but jazz and classics.

Looking forward to read more and join discussions :)

Greetings from Hamburg,
Ralf

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #2,713 of 15,541
Hi all,
  I am a classical music lover and recently thinking serious of building my first PC hi-fi system. It is easy to get here via some google search of headphones and related appliance. It is exciting to join this community and hope I can find all the answers to my hi-fi inquiry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back