New Member Introductions thread
May 28, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #1,728 of 15,646
I have the V-Moda m-80 and I love them. Just be careful, they are on ear headphones, not over the ear headphones like the others you picked. If you want cups that surround your ears you may want to consider V-Moda M-100 which I haven't auditioned.

May 28, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #1,729 of 15,646
I have the V-Moda m-80 and I love them. Just be careful, they are on ear headphones, not over the ear headphones like the others you picked. If you want cups that surround your ears you may want to consider V-Moda M-100 which I haven't auditioned.

Do you ever have the feeling like they aren't on your head while listening? This is clearly an area I neglected. I've got a smaller head so the pads should be good. Is the clamping force tight on your head?

I plan for these to only be used outside of the home.

May 28, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #1,730 of 15,646
Do you ever have the feeling like they aren't on your head while listening? This is clearly an area I neglected. I've got a smaller head so the pads should be good. Is the clamping force tight on your head?

I plan for these to only be used outside of the home.

The headband is bendable so you can adjust the clamping force a bit. I found that I can even shape them to not put all the pressure on the very top of my head. If you're looking at these for wearing outside you might want to look at the V-Moda XS. It's like the M-80 but foldable and has less of a gap between your head and the side bands. That wasn't out when I got mine. You'll find better deals on the m-80 though, now that the XS came out.

May 28, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #1,731 of 15,646
Hello,
I just moved back to the home I was born way to many years ago. My mom was living here alone since my dad passed away. I was lucky to be in a situation that I could pack up and move back here to take care of her. I refuse to let her go into a nursing home.
It is great being back this area of upstate NY in the Adirondacks on Lake George.
I have enjoyed music for the last 45 years. My home stereo system was purchased while over seas when I was an Expat in Xiamen, China. I bought a set of really nice speakers that were made in Denmark while I was traveling for the company.
I am an avid pistol shooter and shoot in bullseye leagues in the north eastern part of the United States. I always listen to music under my hearing protection when shooting.
I had to replace a pair of Klipsch IEM's. I came across a set of HiFiMan RE-400 IEM's. I loved the sound I was getting through my Samsung Galaxy phone or through my Sansa Clip+.
I started reading what ever I could find on HiFiMan audio equipment. I saw the package deal with the HM-700 with RE400B and made the purchase.
When I was listening to my music through the new equipment is was like hearing some of the songs for the first time. I am really impressed with the what I got for $230.00. I can see myself with a new hobby. It will be fun to read articles here and see how far I grow in the portable audio equipment hobby.
Take Care
Bob

May 29, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #1,734 of 15,646
Hey guys! Just wanted to say hi. I joined some time ago but didn't really do much on head fi until now. I joined because my best friend got me into the hobby. For my home setup, I currently own the audio-gd NFB-10ES2 DAC/AMP and Sennheisers HD 580. For my portable on the go stuff, I own a pair of Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors (that just came today!), GeekOut 450, DX50, and the Sansa Clip. Nice to meet you all! 

May 30, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #1,735 of 15,646
Hello people of Head-Fi,

Just saying hi and introducing myself a little bit. I came across Head-Fi while looking for some headphones and I got hooked on some threads. This journey has been sore on my wallet but I do love music so its worth it :wink: I've done one review of the Schiit Wyrd already and I hope to get one out about the Valhalla 2 at some point (I wanna wait till I have something profound to say about it). My first headphones were Beyerdynamic DT880 600 ohm and I think they are a great pair of phones. Thry greatly pique'd my interest because I had no idea headphones could sound so good, and there are so many! So my journey continues and I hope that everyone enjoys themselves in their pursuit of high-fidelity. 

May 30, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #1,737 of 15,646
Hi, I'm a noob here. Found the site to learn more about portable possibilities after downsizing main system. I've been creeping around here for while without posting, but learning a LOT. Some really great people and info here. Even bought some Westone 4R's recently, though I haven't received yet. I'll update my signature soon to show what I have/had, but currently use Westone UMX3R's and the Noble BTS. I listen to a variety of music, and like things to sound like actual instruments and voices, but I have a soft spot for metal and guitar. Looking forward to being a more active member of the community moving forward.

May 30, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #1,739 of 15,646
Hello everyone

Just to be polite.
Very good forum by the way!

Jokanok

May 31, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #1,740 of 15,646
Hi, just to introduce myself as a new member of this forum. Although this is probably my first comment here, I have been active on Audiogon under 'Kamil' since more than 7 years I think. I'm using a Stax SR407 and treat my music listening very seriously!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back