New Member Introductions thread
Feb 19, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #1,291 of 15,538
Hi everyone.  I've been using this site for quite awhile.  Thought it might me a good time to engage.  My gear...

Headphones:
Denon AH-D600
Grado iGi
Grado SR80e
Grado SR125 (original)
Klipsch x10
v-moda  M-80 Vocal

Sources:
JRiver Media Center 20 -> FiiO X3 (DAC) -> FiiO E11K -> Definitive Technology Incline.

Format:
Predominantly FLAC @ 16bit/44.1kHz.  My older files are ripped M4A @ 16bit/48kHz.  I have a few 24bit/192kHz and DSD samples.

...started with Vinyl & CD (Linn/Sumiko/Rotel/Adcom/Audio Alchemy (remember them?)/MIT/Paradigm), moved to Home Theater (Pioneer/Sony/WD TV Live/Audioquest/Paradigm/Def Tech) and have subsequently retreated to my Laptop as the Family has taken over the Family Room.  Thanks.

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #1,292 of 15,538
I just purchased the M-80 Vocals for $79 on an Amazon Lightning Deal.  My head measures 7 1/2" from ear to ear so I am currently stretching them out on a 9" Throw Pillow and burning them in with my XLO Recordings "System Burn-In" Track (or as my Wife refers to it..."The Aliens").  Less than 24 hours of Burn-In (not completely convinced this makes a difference) and I am extremely pleased so far.  Bought and returned Momentum On Ears, Mikros 90s and Superlux HD661s trying to match the Grados in a Closed/Portable option.  May have to reconsider my preferences in Headphones.

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #1,295 of 15,538
oh wow no swears huh?

Some that may be considered bad get through. The really bad ones don't. Most of the time, members like to use a great company's name when describing pretty much everything (Schiit Audio) :bigsmile_face:

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #1,296 of 15,538
Hi all :) new user here, I'm using an FiiOX5 with FiiOE12a and using Shure 535s to listen to it. And I love them. New to Hi-Def audio pleasure on the move, until recently I was just using a 7th Gen Classic iPod with a pair of Monster iSport.

I got into the higher quality music because of the Pono, but had nothing but nightmares with it, even though it sounded good. But i was hooked so I invested an X5, loving it so far. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #1,297 of 15,538
  Hi all :) new user here, I'm using an FiiOX5 with FiiOE12a and using Shure 535s to listen to it. And I love them. New to Hi-Def audio pleasure on the move, until recently I was just using a 7th Gen Classic iPod with a pair of Monster iSport.

I got into the higher quality music because of the Pono, but had nothing but nightmares with it, even though it sounded good. But i was hooked so I invested an X5, loving it so far. 

I got my X5 and e12diy coming out of a ie80 and cop while I'm away from home...
Just got the cop a few weeks back it sounds immense...

Feb 20, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #1,298 of 15,538

I got my X5 and e12diy coming out of a ie80 and cop while I'm away from home...
Just got the cop a few weeks back it sounds immense...

cool, so how is the e12diy? i'd never even heard of it, just googled it, looks cooler than the A, is there an improvement in sound quality too?

what's cop? I'm a newbie, sorry, just now learning all this new terminology. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #1,299 of 15,538
cop is the beyerdynamic custom one pro...
the diy is a lot of different amps in one so in a way it can be better or worse than the A depending on what opamp and buffer combination you use...
they do give you a few sets with which you can have 12 different combinations and you can always buy new parts...
the gear you have is really good...
all I had when I started out was a pair of xba-3 and a pair of old cheap philips studio monitor headphones that was just in the house and no one used...
one thing is this hobby does tend to leave you with an empty wallet... 

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #1,300 of 15,538
Wow, an introductions page an everything :3 sweet. Well, you all may call me muffins; and while I've been addicted to nearly every kind if music since birth, only recently have I been getting into the audiophile scene. I have been frequenting the site for a while now, and have found some great advice and a lot of help for the mountainous pile of work ahead for someone new to hi-fi audio xD

Cheers guys ^_^

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #1,301 of 15,538
Hello Head-Fi!

I've been lurking on this site for sometime, leeching information as I went. For awhile I have been slowly letting my love of music guide me towards better audio gear and my searches always brought me here. Still fairly new, so my setups are all still very simple, however, I don't see it staying that way with my progression as of late. Still blown away by the difference some extra bucks and research can bring to the experience. Looking forward to meeting and interacting with you all, learning and contributing as best as I can.

Cheers folks!

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #1,302 of 15,538
Hi,

I'm new to Head-Fi. I've been mainly a lurker, viewing this site for information when I search for something. I love gaming and I've gone through my fair share of less than stellar gaming headsets, but now I'm working on improving my audio and sound quality. I look forward to learning more and eventually contributing to this site.

Feb 22, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #1,303 of 15,538
Hi, new member who has been lurking for a while. Just recently getting into using headphones and really enjoying it.

My set up is a variety of Apple devices (MBPR, iPad, iPhone) feeding a Chord Hugo and Audeze LCDX headphones. Lovely sound and clarity. Also have a set of JH Audio JH16 Pros on order for travel. Currently using Etymotic ER4P (with custom ear molds) when traveling. And subscriber to Tidal.

I live in NC in the RTP area, so bought the above in-person from Moon Audio who have been very helpful and a great place to buy from (thanks Drew!).

Enjoying reading the forums (and trying to wade through 600+ pages on the Hugo!).

Hoping an astute company will come up with a DAP I can use to drive my Hugo when traveling that is just the transport and has a way to add multiple cards and/or M.2 ssd or similar for storage. But I think I'm out of luck there...

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #1,305 of 15,538
Another new one here, although i have used the site for many years for reviews and great info. Nothing too fantastic myself, but enough for my addiction i have so far...

Sen HD598
Fiio E7/E9 Combo
Audio Technica ATHCKS99

It works for me for now, but of course i always linger and read up on the latest and greatest items and dream, currently reviewing portable players.

Hope to learn something new and maybe help out anywhere i could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back