New Member Introductions thread
Jan 10, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #1,096 of 15,538
Hi recently I ordered Fiio E18. I'm wondering would it work as AMP or AMP+DAC both. I'll be using Samsung galaxy note 2 and Bose QC3 headphone... what are the options or tricks available (such as cyanogenmod, android lollipop etc) if I would like to use it as AMP+DAC both???

Thanks

Jan 10, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #1,098 of 15,538
I'm from Croatia.
I'm 29 and I prefer listening natural clear sound. I like electronic (progressive house, trance music) and watching movies.
I like earphones with earbuds but with natural sound and clear with flat EQ sound.

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #1,099 of 15,538
Hello to all!  I'm not sure what started the 'bug' I've seemed to have picked up, other than preparing for an intended flight to the other side of the planet. Preparation to halt screaming kids and snoring passengers was the purchase of some Bose QC-15's. This has since spurred me on to buy another two pair of full sized cans (B&O H6's, Sony MDR-1RBT), as well as a cheap pair of earbuds (Sharper Image Apollo) and importing a pair of rarely found (in the UK) Sony MDR-EX650's. There has a been a myriad of swaps and shuffles with said gear up to this point where now I still have both pairs of Sony's and the Sharper Image's. The B&O's were swapped for a Cowon X7. At the time of my application to join the forum the EX650's did not have a review so I'm hoping to move on to that after this posting. If given the opportunity I will share my neophytic thoughts in detail.

Jan 11, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #1,103 of 15,538
Hi from the UK!

I'm currently looking to buy a new head-amp c.£2-300 with the Beresford Capella  and Schiit Valhalla 2 main contenders. I'll check out some threads for alternatives.

Cheers!
smile.gif

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #1,104 of 15,538
Hello Head-Fi members,

Im new here and have checked this forum out for a long time and just got signed.

My name is Richard from Sweden and im a AKG addict :p

My gear right now is:

AKG K702 and Project Head Box 2 (very modded with better IC, plugs, conds, burns pots and so on).

Looking for bigger and better headphone amp but have not decided yet.

Happy to be one of you!

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #1,105 of 15,538
Hello Folks,

New around here, I don't really know much about headphones and IEMs but I hope to learn a lot :D

EDIT: After reading some other posts here I guess I am suppose to list stuff I own... it is mostly junk but...

Overear - Sennheiser HD428, Senngeiser HD439, Audio Technica ATH-M50x, V-MODA Crossfade LP, Monoprice MHP-839

Onear - Noontec Zoro, Symphonized Wraith

IEM - MOE SS01, Various Skull Candy, Various J-Labs, Maxell Wild Thing

Noise Cancellation - Bose QC 3, Bose QC 15, Logitech UE 6000, Mee Noise Shield NS63m, Logitech Noise Canceling Headphones (that's really what these were called, lol) (Note: I no longer own the Bose, gave them to my parents since they travel a lot)

Computer Headsets - Plantronics GameCom Commander, Logitech G430 (had many others in the past, but I have either given them to my brother or don't really use them)

Amp - Fiio E12 Mont Blanc

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #1,106 of 15,538
Hello everyone.

I currently own Grado SR-325is, Sennheiser HD280s, and the newly released AKG K7XX, fed by the Schiit Magni/Modi stack on my desktop.  I like colorful, "fun" sound signatures and have a huge penchant for brighter headphones.  I look forward to sharing opinions with the community and maybe even providing some useful input when I can.

Thanks for reading my intro.

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #1,107 of 15,538
Hi, I'm Ivan, been lurking around Head fi for the last couple months, but really started getting into the hobby recently, with picking up a pair of Massdrop AKG 7XX. Also got a pair M-50's. Now looking for amps to drive the AKGs, since my laptop can't do them justice. Will also say that my wallet just shed many tears with this new hobby. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #1,109 of 15,538
Hello, good to see such an active forum here....am new to these hobby, hope to learn from you guys here.

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #1,110 of 15,538
Hello,
I am an audiophile from China. Just call me Sam.
I have paid attention to Head-Fi and gained a lot of information so I think is a pleasure and a good oppurtunity to discuss hifi issues with you guys here.
Until today I joined here.
Although I am still grade 12 students, currently I own Sennheiser HD650 and HiFiman HM603 cuz I like warm sound. I made my determination to go to USA to get a master degree in either material engineering or electrical engineering since I will be able to investigate deeply in HIFI.
Nice to meet you all, and have funs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back