New Member Introductions thread
Dec 20, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #931 of 15,538
hiya guys, newbie here :)
have been lurking this awesome forum *slash community for several years, then just recently got the guts to finally join in.

can't call myself an audio enthusiast yet, but definitely ready to learn anything related to higher end audio.

currently enjoying Fiio X3 with several entry level IEMs, nothin fancy really.
and I'm quite interested with entry level IEM that claimed to have sonic quality, what an age we live in...

well, see ya around and happy listening y'all!!

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #933 of 15,538
Hi everybody, my name is Vladimir. I just joined the site. I am not new to the head-fi world. This has been my hobby for the last couple of years. Reading posts on this site helped me a lot in building my headphone rig which now includes Auralic Vega DAC, Cavalli Liud Gold, Audeze LCD-3, good cables and accessories.Thanks to all on this site and happy listening.

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #934 of 15,538
Hello there,
I am completely new to the head-fi world but am very very interested in getting into it.  I have been an "audiophile" (not intended to be a pompous statement) for quite some time.  My home home equipment includes Martin Logan Ascents (electrostatics) with solid state electronics.

Kruppy

Dec 20, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #935 of 15,538
Hi, fellow head-fiers!

Just wanted to introduce myself. Longtime lurker/browser that finally decided to join the community and give back after many years of using the forums as an excellent place for opinions about new cans.

Though I have somewhat broad musical tastes, I primarily listen to classical these days, in particular piano and violin concertos. I mention this only because my musical preferences definitely dictate my headphone preferences -- while I do enjoy "brighter" cans, I also don't mind a little midbass oomph to give depth to those instruments which dwell in the lower registers, like the cello.

-D

Dec 20, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #936 of 15,538
Hi,

This is Caglar  "Chaa-LAR" here from Dallas. I have been browsing the site quite sometime. Finally registered few weeks ago and decided to say hi to all.

I have a lot of interest in hi-fi for a long time and had many headphones over the years just never realized that actually I have always had more than I needed and in fact I am a collector. 

Cheers,
Caglar

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #938 of 15,538
Hi everyone!

I have been reading the forum for quite some time now and decided to join in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #939 of 15,538
I'd come here once in a long while to read up on anything about audio that catches my interest. I'd thought of getting an iFi Micro iDSD, I've heard good things about it in the local audio subforums I go to. I then came here to read up on it. Admittedly, I'd not been interested in audio related gear since I'd gotten an Etymotic ER6 and a Sennheiser years ago. A recent trip to a brick (in late October) and mortar store selling headphones proved to be my undoing. Since then, I'd dove headlong into getting headfi gears to sate this urge.

I've, since then, bought a Sennheiser HD800, Audeze LCD2.2, Beyerdynamic DT990/600, Sennheiser HD700, MrSpeakers Alpha Dog......and a V-Moda Crossfade M100 for my LG G Pro 2 (and the basshead in me). Not into dac/amp stacks, so I've bought an iFi Micro iDSD and a Fostex HPA4. Not quite done with my audio purchases yet, but hopefully, I'm done with my headphone purchases, just need to get one more dac/amp combo that does DSD.....a big thing for me since I'd acquired about 1.4TB of DSD64 tracks.

Anyway, I hope to learn more, and perhaps in time, become a true HeadFi'er myself. BTW, when I'd bought the iFi Micro iDSD, I was called a HeadFi sheep by a rather nasty audio subforum member in a US based forum.

Dec 21, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #940 of 15,538
Dave here: low-budget headphone addict wannabe

Headphones

AKG K142
Sony MDR zx500
Sony MDR 7506
Sennheiser 518
ATH M50
and some random el cheapo stuff

Amps

Fiio E6
Behringer MA400
Topping NX1

All donations gratefully accepted d[-_-]b

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #942 of 15,538
Hello world! I got into the audiophile game a few months ago, and I've used this site as a reference for most of my audio purchases since...Much to the horror of my wallet. After having gotten a couple dozen headphones, I figured it was about time I joined up!  I'm mostly a fan of vintage AKG and Pioneer, as well as whatever vintage oddities pique my interest.

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #944 of 15,538
Hi, this is my first post on this site. I came to here looking for  a pair of headphones that would hold me over until my Bose Quiet Comforts and Grado SR-80i's are repaired. In the last couple of months I've purchased the ATH M50x, Sennheiser HD-650 headphones, Schiit Magni/Modi stack and Fiio e6 and e12 amps/dacs. I'm not an audiophile but I enjoy great sound. I've learned a lot but I may need a part-time job to afford this hobby. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #945 of 15,538
It feels a bit overwhelming to type up my first post on Head-Fi!

Hi guys, I'm Aashrey, long time lurker and very recently the owner of a brand new ATH M50x which I selected because of all the good things I read about it them here. I would like to thank the community very much and wish everyone a merry christmas! I'll still probably be a silent reader until I feel I can contribute back to the community, but it's feels great to finally have a post up! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back