New Member Introductions thread
Dec 7, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #871 of 15,537
Hi,

I've been reading HeadFi forums for years but I finally decide to post here.

How to introduce myself without seem to be in an AA meeting ? Well I'm Maxime, I'm living in France and I'm an audio gear addict. :D

A most noble addiction, which always puts a smile on your face but may make your wallet cry.:D

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #872 of 15,537
Hi, I am pretty new here, I joined head-fi because I am looking to buy me some decent headphones and I could realy use your guys experience on deciding which one to get :D I already made a topic.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #873 of 15,537
  Hi,

I've been reading HeadFi forums for years but I finally decide to post here.

How to introduce myself without seem to be in an AA meeting ? Well I'm Maxime, I'm living in France and I'm an audio gear addict. 
biggrin.gif

I just saw a t-shirt last night that said "My drinking team has a cycling problem"

Perhaps this should be adapted to headphones since the rest of the world seems to think we need interventions and rehab.

Dec 7, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #874 of 15,537
Hi, I am Mike ( from Belgium) and pretty new here, I joined head-fi because I am looking to buy me some decent headphones and I could realy use your guys experience on deciding which one to get :D I already made a topic.

Cheers.

What type of music do you jam out too and what type of budget are you looking at. Do you prefer a open backed cans or closed back headphones? Please have a good one.

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #877 of 15,537
Hello. I joined in 2012 but I guess I haven't posted much here. I'm in no way an audiophile but I do like my music sounding nice. I like all kinds of music.

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #878 of 15,537
Hey I joined years ago but never really posted anything but now I can afford some pretty decent gear. I am thinking of investing in some Custom IEMs as I hate the fit from most universals. Oh yeah and the Earphones I'm coming from are the Klipsch Image S4's and Vmoda M-80 so I'd appreciate any recommendations!   
atsmile.gif

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #880 of 15,537
Hi!

I'm Kyle! Longtime lurker, first-time poster. I came here to be a part of the community and get some recommendations on my first audiophile-grade set up. I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone and learning A LOT about audio!

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #881 of 15,537
Hey guys,

I just joined the forums after my friend finally convinced me to do so
tongue.gif
. I've always lurked and searched through threads (without an account) for any questions/concerns I had regarding audio and nearly always found an answer; hence I never felt the need to post anything haha.

Anyhow, recently I was very interested in purchasing a better amp for my DT880's and my friend suggested I buy an amp used from someone on headfi. I did just that and got a great deal on a Schiit Valhalla from a very kind use named ffnz.

I currently own a few pieces of audio gear, which include a Fiio e18, Shure SE535's (brown damper mod), DT880's, Schiit Modi/Vali stack and later on this week, a Schiit Valhalla 
biggrin.gif

I like to listen to all kinds of music, with the exception of most country and jazz (sorry country/jazz lovers). Otherwise you name it, metal, Jmetal, rock, alternative, classical, EDM, trance, dubstep, rnb, rap, hiphop, reggae, pop, Kpop, Cpop, Jpop, Jrock, ballads, the list goes on 
biggrin.gif

A funny thing that happens all the time is when I play music in my car, sometimes I'll accidentally shuffle my whole library and it will go from, say a Kpop song straight to metal. My friends think I'm crazy 
blink.gif
 But rest assured, I'm not (I think), I usually listen to genres based on my mood/activities I'm doing at that time.

Cheers!

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #882 of 15,537
Hi, I've been drawn into the audiophile community a year ago, unknowingly after I was looking for a pair of IEMs and Google brought me into this forum. *curses* lol. I'm still trying to relate some of the sound terms to actual experience.

How do you differentiate between mid-range and treble when you're listening? Are female vocals that sing in high-pitches considered in the treble range?

How does a headphone amp work if it is plugged into a soundcard output in which the soundcard has existing built-in amp? Wouldn't it result in a "double-amplification" in which noises would also be amplified significantly?

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #883 of 15,537
Hi, I'm Mike from the Tulsa, Oklahoma (US) area. I am new to this forum but not to audio, kind of grew up around it with my father being an electronics engineer/troubleshooter for Heath Company and Electro-Voice back in the 60's and 70's.

I'm not a big headphone type person, maybe about 10% of my listening, but really like my Sennheiser HD598's when I do listen to headphones.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back