New Member Introductions thread
Nov 24, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #826 of 15,536
Hi all,

Been lurking on and off for a few years. Never really invested in a decent pair of headphones as my listening is at home. As my daughter is still a toddler, I've found I'm not really using my HiFi as much in the evenings in fear of waking her up.

So I've just pulled the trigger and ordered a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm. I should have had them for the weekend, but they only made it as far as the local delivery depot before getting sent back due to being damaged. Should have some replacements in about a week.

Probably looking at a USB DAC and amp sometime soon, to compliment them as the internal soundcard in my laptop is very weak.

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #827 of 15,536
My name's Mike. I started my audio obsession as a guitar player and have tried a lot of amps and even more pedals. I have a sizable guitar pedal collection and it'll only keep growing.

Been collecting vinyl records for the past four years but my collection is relatively small, around 100 records or so, I haven't counted in a while. Ever since I bought a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon TT, I've been getting increasingly interested in HiFi gear. So I lurked this forum for a while to decide on an affordable Head-Fi setup. Decided on the HiFiMAN HE-400s (with a CablePro Earcandy cable and Focus Pad As) and the Schiit Asgard 2. So far I've been loving how engaging my records sound and I hardly play video games any more because of how enjoyable my music listening experience is now. 

Just recently saw that HiFiMAN discounted their HM700/RE600 combo so I hopped on that too. So I can finally give my FLAC files a listen. I have no DAC and usually just play records when I'm at my computer. I'm sure eventually I'll start yearning for a DAC too, this place certainly doesn't help  
tongue.gif

Looking forward to learning and talking music here. If you're ever selling out of press black or doom metal albums, let me know, I'm always on the lookout.

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #829 of 15,536
Eh, guess I'll make an introduction here too. Considering how odd it is for a user to just join and post themes for the Fiio X3 without any history.

I am hereby named Apeirogonova. 'Tis a mixture of the words 'Apeirogon', and 'Nova'. Why is that you ask? Why, I have no clue! It simply sounded good.

I'm a crappy artist, and I have made a theme for the Fiio X3. I have no clue what else to add, so I'll just click on that 'submit' button now.

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #830 of 15,536
Hi there, my name is Murat. I signed up here 3 years ago and mostly reading/learning since then. Found this website while I was researching for a good IEM for my limited budget and saw Dubstep Girl's sale (UE 700) and my journey started.

I thought it was time I said "hi!"

Nov 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #831 of 15,536
Hi everyone,
My name is Dave, I have been using this site for quite a few years and decided that it was about time to try and add some of my recommendations and just generally be involved. I have been an audiophile for quite a few years and thanks to this site and member reccomendations, my wallet as everyone says "hurts". It's all good though, look forward to spending more. "just recently got into IEM's" and have been picking up quite a few thanks to you guy's!

Nov 26, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #833 of 15,536
Hello guys i'm Gerwout, i'm 18 and i'm completely new to the Hi-Fi since the best and most expensive headphones I ever had was the Sony MDR-ZX100

I really like how this site has a AWESOME community and how everybody helps eachother and doesn't call each other names. 

Nov 26, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #834 of 15,536
I've been around for a bit but haven't ever introduced myself. I haven't been this active on Head-Fi before. My gear is in my signature. I am hoping to save up Christmas money for a V-Moda Crossfade M100. My name is Dave and I am a noobie audiophile, that's all I have to say.

Nov 28, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #837 of 15,536
New around here but been reading these forums for ages, only just signed up obviously haha. Hoping to learn a lot more about audio as a whole on my journey to being a qualified audiophile :wink:

Nov 28, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #838 of 15,536
I've been looking for a pair of headphones for a while and reading this site looking at reviews and such to give me an idea.

I wear headphones at work.   I have a pair of Sony MDR-V6 I bought back in 1987 that still sound great, but they're not comfortable for extended periods.   I had a pair of Sennheiser PXC-250 NC headphones I bought back in 2004, but it developed a break in the cable and it kept cutting out.   After reading reviews here I decided I just needed an over the ear closed headphone, and ended up buying a pair of AKG K271 based on some recommendations I read as I wanted flat sound, not boomy bass and comfort.  They arrived today, and I really like them.

My next job is to find an amp.   I have a Rotel RA-970bx integrated amp on my pc at home and had never tried headphones through it, but even though it's using the back output of the PC as a source it really sounds a lot better than me plugging the headphones into the PC directly.

I'll be doing more reading on this topic as I"m not sure which direction I want to go.

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #839 of 15,536
hey peeps

I have been lurking around here for a very very long time, i generaly dont post at all unless i got something  to contribute.
i am a owner of audeze lcd 2.1 , meier audio daccord / classic via a asus xonar stx optical output.

i use my headphones on average 4 hours per day and love this setup.
although im not baller enough to play around with different dacs/amp i had to squeese the money out for this setup.
massive upgrade from audio technica ath700 pro mk2  driven from a pioneer theatre amp.

main reason for this post is to say a hello to everyone and hopfully unlock pic attachments.
i was going to post on the diy cable gallery thread first but i guess i have to wait for the attach pic ability to be unlocked

seeya guys around :)

Nov 29, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #840 of 15,536
Hey guys, I'm Bear, and I'm new to the whole audiophile thing. Getting a pair of ATH-M50X for Christmas at the recommendation of a friend to be used for mp3's, vinyl, gaming, etc. Been collecting vinyl with the wife for a couple years as a casual thing, usually getting old cheap records, serving originally as a cheap hobby but it is growing get into an interest in the warmer sound quality. I also collect cassettes,that is to say I have made it somewhat a mission of mine to preserve some, as a bit of a folkgroup/cultural thing. For those of you who may be into jam bands, especially the Grateful Dead, you may be aware of tape trading (many Jan bands encourage taping of their live shows, as each show is different and the live stuff is generally better than studio albums. Similar to bootlegs, except they set up special sections for 'tapers' by the sound board). It has been largely supplanted by higher quality digital files that are now posted online for free download, places like archive.org, but I think it is important to preserve the physical tapes and many collectors are trying get to find do new homes for their tapes as they make their collation digital, and no longer have room for hundreds of cassettes).

I am pretty much here to learn, and since every time e I try to research something related to audio Headfi shows up in my Google search, I thought I would join. Looking forward to learning more from you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back