New Member Introductions thread
Jul 7, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #227 of 15,585
  Thank you so much, very helpful. I just found the video game forum, HA!

No worries, happy to help!  I haven't been to the video game forum, but I do love me some Street Fighter.  My custom car license plate is the name of a very popular move from the series!

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #228 of 15,585
Hey I'm new. Hehe :)

Ah, now I see how (one of the reasons) you have such a high post count!  Ingenious! Heh, just playin'.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #230 of 15,585

Actually I average an average of 0.03 posts a day. If that.
Not a lot of posts, nor do I post at all nowadays. Probably 50 posts in the past 1.5 years.
I joined late 2008. It's mid 2014 now.
Not too shabby?
:)

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #231 of 15,585
Long time lurker of this fantastic forum, time to jump in so... hi!

Jul 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #232 of 15,585
Actually I average an average of 0.03 posts a day. If that.
Not a lot of posts, nor do I post at all nowadays. Probably 50 posts in the past 1.5 years.
I joined late 2008. It's mid 2014 now.
Not too shabby?
:)

Well, let's say you have posted 50 times in the past 1.5 years, and you currently have 2,124 posts, so that would be ~2,098 posts in 4 years (you joined in 1/09 and it is 7/14 now, which is 5.5 years) divided by the number of days of said time (2,013 Days or 287 Weeks and 4 Days [~January 1, 2009 to July 7, 2014]), so it comes to ~1.05 posts a day.  Actually that is not a whole lot, but adding it up throughout the years...adds up quickly.

So yeah, not too shabby. 
wink_face.gif

Long time lurker of this fantastic forum, time to jump in so... hi!

Welcome, cub3!

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #233 of 15,585
Well, let's say you have posted 50 times in the past 1.5 years, and you currently have 2,124 posts, so that would be ~2,098 posts in 4 years (you joined in 1/09 and it is 7/14 now, which is 5.5 years) divided by the number of days of said time (2,013 Days or 287 Weeks and 4 Days [~January 1, 2009 to July 7, 2014]), so it comes to ~1.05 posts a day.  Actually that is not a whole lot, but adding it up throughout the years...adds up quickly.

So yeah, not too shabby. :wink_face:

Welcome, cub3!

Hehe I was also lurking like a ninja for quite a bit before.
You should of saw me :ph34r:
But yeah, I'm involved in the Classifieds a lottttt. Asides from that, more happy to try headphones rather than debate about ones I don't own haha.

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #234 of 15,585
hi. i'm tim and new to headfi. I've always been into audio.. maybe not on the level of the people here, but have always lurked on avs forums and elsewhere. I'm here to learn amps, preamps, receivers and the like.  I'm a huge fan of speakers, but still learning about headphones in general. I currently own a sony mdr-v6. you guys feel free to laugh,  but at least its not bose. Someday if my job pays off, maybe i'll upgrade to a pair of he90s but until then i'll keep dreaming. 

Jul 7, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #235 of 15,585
Hehe I was also lurking like a ninja for quite a bit before.
You should of saw me
ph34r.gif

But yeah, I'm involved in the Classifieds a lottttt. Asides from that, more happy to try headphones rather than debate about ones I don't own haha.

Nah, I didn't see you as I have only been a member for about a month and I usually lurked around threads that had anything to do with the Shure SE846 IEM.

Since you live in the southland (Huntington Beach), you can go to the Head-Fi meet up in Woodland Hills (about an hour drive off the 405/101 from you) to demo a bunch of headphones, amps, DAPs, etc. on August 9th.  I'll be there.  Here's the link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/714480/official-2014-la-head-fi-meet-august-9-2014-marriott-warner-center

hi. i'm tim and new to headfi. I've always been into audio.. maybe not on the level of the people here, but have always lurked on avs forums and elsewhere. I'm here to learn amps, preamps, receivers and the like.  I'm a huge fan of speakers, but still learning about headphones in general. I currently own a sony mdr-v6. you guys feel free to laugh,  but at least its not bose. Someday if my job pays off, maybe i'll upgrade to a pair of he90s but until then i'll keep dreaming. 

Welcome to Head-Fi Tim!

Jul 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #236 of 15,585
Just dropping in to say "Hi" and a big thank you to the founders of this site and the members for taking the time to write up the informative posts/threads in these forums.

Its definitely a joy (and addicting) to continually educate yourself about the audiophile's world, the audiophile's gear, and the deeper appreciation of well recorded music.
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #238 of 15,585
Woo hoo! I just jumped in and would like to say hello to everyone here...
I'm just a newbie who is willing to find out more about the magical world of audio... I really hope that I can enjoy and "improve" myself here...
Big thanks also for all the founders, administrators, moderators, and senior members... Best regards from Indonesia! :)

p.s. sorry for my flawed English, I will try my best to improve that too! :wink:

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #239 of 15,585
Hello,

New to the Head-Fi but... sometimes listening to the same music for 40+ years.
Thanks to this team for helping me choose my gear.
Currently listening to Chicago VII with AKG K550, ifi nano idsd, foobar2K also currently on my desk Topping TP30, Sennheiser HD201 and under it my faithful 12V battery.

Jorge

P.S. On the shelf Onkyo PH-747. 

Jul 8, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #240 of 15,585
Hello,

My name is Tadej, I'm form Slovenia. New to this forum also. Kind of a music freak, even if on a tight budget (as a college student). Decided to join this forum because I like debating audio equipment (and because I like to annoy everyone with my endless questions and problems 
biggrin.gif
)

Regards

(also, can someone tell me why can't I change my profile picture? (see, questions already :D))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back