New Member Introductions thread
Jul 3, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #211 of 15,539
Had to start looking for a new pair as my old Logitech gaming headset (5+ years old) was on its' last legs.  I had to use zip ties to keep the ear pieces from falling off, and sit "just so" so the thing wouldn't fall off my head.

Read heavily about different headphones on this website for a couple of weeks.  Then joined up to post a couple of questions/comments.

Purchased some Fidelio X1 headphones and an USB soundblaster OMNI to provide the surround processing / headphone amp.

Very happy
L3000.gif
 with my purchase and suffice to say it is way above the performance level of the Logitech headphones. (see below for zip tie mod!)

Signing in from west coast, USA.

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #212 of 15,539
Hi! 

Newly registered to the forum, but I've been lurking for probably 3+ years. I started just looking for a decent pair of headphones in the beginning, ended up interested in the various sound and electrical fields that govern how headphones and their associated accessories work. I've still got a lot to learn and I'm hoping to learn as much as possible! 

Currently I have a JDSLABS O2 + ODAC combo, Westone 3 IEM, Audio-Technica ESW9, and Phiaton MS400. 

Jul 5, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #213 of 15,539
G'day from down under!

Dazzerfong here, and after surfing this forum for around 2 years, grabbing advice here and there, finally decided to join this community. Not the most beautiful collection of head gear, somewhat of an IEM fan, and only have a Sony MH1C and UE500 to play so far.

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #214 of 15,539
G'day from down under!

Dazzerfong here, and after surfing this forum for around 2 years, grabbing advice here and there, finally decided to join this community. Not the most beautiful collection of head gear, somewhat of an IEM fan, and only have a Sony MH1C and UE500 to play so far.

Welcome aboard Dazzer from Straya!

And a big welcome to everyone else!

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #215 of 15,539
I don't think I did this when I signed up so here goes.

Hey there my name is Mark I live in Portland, OR. I've been in to audio since I was about 15 (35 now-ugh). Primary love was/is car audio and as I spend more time at home I'm getting in to headphones. The best headphones I've listened to so far are the Panasonic RP-HTF600's. I love the idea of great sounding headphones for a smallish budget.

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #216 of 15,539
Hello,

I've Been into hi-fi ever since I inherited my Uncle's ESS AMT Heil Air Motion Transformer System. It's an ancient speaker system but my musical experience went way up after that. I bought myself the Klispch Image One a while back, looking for an upgrade.

There's little more exciting than getting new headphones.

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #217 of 15,539
Welcome aboard Dazzer from Straya!

And a big welcome to everyone else!

Thanks!  It has been fun posting to the watch thread, Shure SE846 threads and posting a Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure SE846 review as well.  Have a great day and night everyone.
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 6, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #218 of 15,539
Hope we can look after each other =)

Hi new member JTLovesMusic here, decided to join headfi after looking at various reviews and discussions here since last year. I'm still 16 this year and i only have some earphones to play with. I started to care about good audio equipments since the day i tried a UE900 at my local store and i really dislike beats =P

Jul 7, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #220 of 15,539
  I'm new to the forum and nothing works for me.  When will the restriction be remove?

The restrictions are there to prevent spammers.  You won't be able to do much until you are more active on the forum, i.e. posting more.  Once you do that, your restrictions will be magically removed.  Welcome to Head-Fi!
atsmile.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #223 of 15,539
  For newbies (like me) it is really hard to find a thread to speak. lol

I totally understand.  I had the same issue when I first started (about 3 weeks ago).  What helped me out to get the post count going was looking at the non-audio related stuff, like computer gadgets and the watch thread.  You can find something that interests you on here, or post if you have some questions.  Mind the rules regarding posting for lack of a better term "stupid questions".  Happy posting! 
beerchug.gif
 (that is root beer in my glass).

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #224 of 15,539

I totally understand.  I had the same issue when I first started (about 3 weeks ago).  What helped me out to get the post count going was looking at the non-audio related stuff, like computer gadgets and the watch thread.  You can find something that interests you on here, or post if you have some questions.  Mind the rules regarding posting for lack of a better term "stupid questions".  Happy posting! 
beerchug.gif
 (that is root beer in my glass).

Thank you so much, very helpful. I just found the video game forum, HA!

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #225 of 15,539
Hey I'm new. Hehe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back