New Member Introductions thread
Aug 1, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #13,865 of 15,547
Hi everyone, I browsed this forum a lot for reviews, I often find them more practical and to the point than some longer form review websites. I created an account to use the classifieds section.
I am exactly the same like you... Recently I got a gifted Arya which is too high end for my taste. Then I created my account :)

Aug 1, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #13,866 of 15,547
Wow, 925 pages of posts spanning 8 years. Just signed up as well, and hanging with all my other audio homies. I'm in a transition period :D

Currently I'm on a Burson Conductor 3XR Dac/Amp and Meze Empyreans (with silver cable). Got these a year ago. Been great, but I think my ears tuning might be looking for something else. Little more airy perhaps, bigger soundstage I think. So I'm selling these currently, for super cheap. A big reason is because the Burson is Class A and it gets very warm. Warms up the whole room and I'm in Arizona :wink: I like it cool inside. I think I want to move to my new setup I have in mind:

Denafrips Ares 2 on Jotunheim 2 and Hifiman HE1000v2. I hear that soundstage is gorgeous. I use this setup for gaming as well, so I need soundstage but the HD800 is a little too tame on the low end for me. I'm a solid state guy as well.

Anyway, glad to be part of the audio community now.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #13,867 of 15,547
Hello my name is Martin and I have been browsing for a few years and decided to join now to be able to post about headphones/IEMs if I want to discuss and to buy stuff on classified.

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #13,868 of 15,547
Hi all,

I'm Emil from Copenhagen, Denmark. I found this little golden spot of the internet and absolutely had to join. I got in to the more appreciative side of music and it's gear a few years ago and it has, besides gaming, since become my primary go to "me time". It feels like a timeless hobby I can enjoy at my own pace, which has been important since becoming a parent.

Looking forward to everything here. It's crazy hard to find secondhand headphones in Denmark so would love to be able to use Classified here, I have been eyeing upgrading to an Arya SE or HEKv2 recently but would love to find it used from people who know what they talk about (you guys).

/E

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #13,869 of 15,547
hi audio addicts,

new here, I'm from Baja Mexico, started my audio journey with a sounblaster Z and a pair of dt990 pro le 80ohm, now i have a dedicated dac (d30 pro) and amp (drop +thx aaa 789 and little dot mk2), and a few pairs of headphones (T1.2, dt1770, dt880 edition, dt990 edition, sundara 2020, sendy aiva, sr80x, ksc75, fidelio x2hr), this is an addicting hobby, beware...

Aug 3, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #13,870 of 15,547
YANG (yes, another new guy!)

I’m James. Starting out cautiously, because I’m at a point in life where expenses need to have as high a level of purpose as they do luxury. Can’t be chasing down a rabbit hole in an elusive search for better/higher quality when at this age my ears may not be able to hear the difference.

Still, I appreciate quality, comfort, and ease of use without a lot of bells and whistles dressing it up.

Currently sporting dt 770 headphones and now looking for an amp to drive them — considering a magni 3+ or a Fiio k5 pro ess but unsure whether one is better suited for the Beyerdynamics. Atm either one will cost me about $120… any advice appreciated!

Aug 4, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #13,872 of 15,547
I’ve been lurking in here for a while and have posted a handful of times but realized I never did an intro.

All my current equipment is listed in my signature, primarily listen to digital streaming on a 2-channel system but use a pair of HD800S when the family doesn’t appreciate me blasting music the whole house can hear. Always enjoy trying out new equipment and seeing everyone’s perspective on here!

Aug 5, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #13,873 of 15,547
Hi all. Like most members I've read a lot of the forums over the years n gleened some great info... Now that I've gone from 200$ Yamaha cans to 600$ Sennheiser to 1200$ audeze to 1900$ Sony's I've decided I'm either crazy or addicted...

Maybe both ? Now I'm on to streamers n dacs , my god, does this ever end ?

Looking forward to some great topics

Aug 5, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #13,874 of 15,547
Hi everyone!

My name is Warren from Inverness, Scotland.

I am a long term recovering Hi-Fi addict who has recently had a relapse. I am sure I will fit in well here!
Welcome Warren. A good whisky always helps with the recovery 🥃

Attachments

• ZMF and Whisky.png
    ZMF and Whisky.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Aug 5, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #13,875 of 15,547
Hi all. Like most members I've read a lot of the forums over the years n gleened some great info... Now that I've gone from 200$ Yamaha cans to 600$ Sennheiser to 1200$ audeze to 1900$ Sony's I've decided I'm either crazy or addicted...

Maybe both ? Now I'm on to streamers n dacs , my god, does this ever end ?

Looking forward to some great topics
I'm on a very similar path...$300 Grado, $500 Sennheiser, $1200 Audeze, $2000 Shure... I think as you acquire more audiophile discernment you require better gear. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back