New Member Introductions thread
Jan 2, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #12,136 of 15,539
Hey everybody. I’m decently new within the hifi world but I’m slowly making my way through. Lurked around here quite a bit and decided to make an account and try to contribute. Happy New Year!

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #12,138 of 15,539
Hello all. Recently I've started getting back into the hobby. I appreciate the advice and positive vibes on this forum. Happy to finally be a member. Be safe and be well!

Jan 3, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #12,139 of 15,539
Hi All! I've been reading all the great threads on head-fi over the last year and find this community to be by far my favorite forum. I'm excited to join and start contributing! Best wishes all!

Jan 4, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #12,145 of 15,539
Hi there, new head-fi person here. I’ve been into headphones now for about 5 years and have what I think is pretty good gear. That said, I love reading about and discussing the latest and greatest in the market.

Thanks,

Barnstormer

Jan 4, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #12,146 of 15,539
I am looking forward to joining the ZMF family. I was going to start with the Aeolus but then thought why not spend a bit more and go for the Auteur? UGH...or do I go straight for the Verite? I would love to hear other members' recommendations on the subject!

I have an Auteur and it’s a fantastic headphone. It’s only real weakness is it isn’t super fast which means it rounds off the attack on short transients. That gives it a smooth and engaging character, but it isn’t the best for heavily layered and dense music. That said, it’s hard to beat for chamber music, rock, bluegrass, and similar. It’s my go to headphone pretty much always, even over my Focal Clear and Aeon Closed.

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #12,147 of 15,539
Hello everyone. I've been into hifi for a long time but recently during the last year I've moved into headphone listening and really enjoying myself. Like most it's becoming an expensive hobby but it's been wonderful rediscovering music, reading all about new tech and buying my developing set up. This site has been really helpful in informing my decisions and I look forward to contributing.

Keiron.

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #12,148 of 15,539
Hello there !

First of all would you please excuse my english as it is a third language.

I read articles from this website from so long ago. But I've never posted. This is my first post and I'm 42 years old

My name is Xavier. Spanish name (Actually Antonio Xavier to be complete) and also an addict to sound.

My story began with a pair htm1 Solid speaker and a Yamaha subwoofer 25 years ago, when subfwoofers in a home system was considered as luxury.
Of course it was a second/ third hand.:sweat_smile:
Then I kepts on with cans as I realised I was sparing a lot of money in accoustic threatment.
I'm verry happy to write this first post on this amazing Forum and hope to meet great people with common interest.

The cans currently own:

Denon D7000
Grado RS1
Grado SR325
SEN HD650
Focal CLEAR

Have a good day.

Xavier

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back