New Member Introductions thread
May 11, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #5,566 of 15,569
Hi, I'm from Canada aka Kanukistan so obviously I am rotten to the core, hence my handle. I've been reading this site for years now and thought that it would be logical for me to join given that I have spent just under 40 years in the audio business. For some people high quality listening has been a religion. For others it is a passion. For many an obsession. Unfortunately for most of the younger generation saturated with $5 earbuds and low quality mp3s it has become a wasted opportunity for a generation to actually hear and appreciate music.

Meatloaf penned a song entitled "Wasted Youth." It plays in my head now whilst I listen to the latest offering from Audeze - the iSine20s. Planar headphones that fit in my ear? Portable tube amps that fit in the palm of your hands? There's too much great revolutionary technology hitting the market to not share thoughts and feelings with others.

Rotten Apple's first post made!

May 11, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #5,567 of 15,569
I dont need to keep EVERYTHING on the Fiio but want to keep everything on a dedicated laptop. i only have experience with itunes and no longer want to use it but have no clue on how else to store and manage my music. i'm hoping to meet someone who can guide me on this quest. i want to buy all new equipment.
Well that's different there are several ways to go then. One way is a NAS server. You can also get a portable hard drive to go with the laptop. Many different programs that can help you do that also. You probably would have better luck posting in the Help and recommendations thread there are many here in your situation that have done it. I don't have the catalogue you do so I haven't set up my music like that and mostly listen to Tidal HiFi. Good luck.

May 11, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #5,568 of 15,569
Hi,

I'm new to the site and the headphone game in general. I really need your help with a few questions, please. I own the Oppo PM 3's and yesterday received my DT1990 Pro's and Beyerdynamic A20 amp. It was a bundle deal I found on Amazon for $699. I had a Chord Mojo paired with my Astell Kern ak100 but returned the Mojo to help fund the 1990's. I'm now, listening to the 1990's from the ak100 to the amp with a 3.5mm to RCA cable to amp- to 1990's. So, my question is, do I need a good stand alone DAC in between the ak100 and the amp to get the best source to feed the headphones? My initial thoughts on the headphones are, I really, really like them but a little on bright side, from what I'm used to. The Oppo's have zero highs and sound veiled compared to 1990's. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks
You should have kept the Mojo and sold the Beyer amp. I understand the funding need but you sold off one of the better dac's for the price. Most of the Beyer line is on the bright side and though the PM-3's are good just not a fan myself. If you need a portable dac then you should look to get another Mojo.

May 11, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #5,569 of 15,569
How do you like the Bifrost Multibit? The Gungnir sounds awesome from what I've read but is still more than I'm prepared to spend....for now at least.

It's perfect enough for me not upgrade until something like Yggdrasil v2 comes in.

May 11, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #5,570 of 15,569
May 12, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #5,574 of 15,569
Howdy all. Found this forum while researching my next cell phone purchase.

The LG V10 has a long thread (not as long as this one though) with 77 pages that I read through. I am a muscian (guitar mostly) and was excited to hear about the V10 dac that seems to be amazing in a cell phone. I might have to replace my budget headphones though, having spent less than $80 on my best one. But this seems like a good forum to research that!

Hope to utilize the information herein to good use as I move forward (slowly, budget throttled) toward audiophile territory.

Besides music, I am involved with model railroading and computers. Digitrax equipment and JMRI (Java Model Railroad Interface) provide a good challenge.

Phil in gorgeous Young Harris, Georgia, USA

May 12, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #5,575 of 15,569
Hi Guys, I've just joined.

I'm really interested in small DACs like the Fiio K1, Centrace DacPort and the like, so I've compiled a list of DAC/AMP's of the same size and would like to post it on here. If there's already a list for that, I can just add the ones I've found? I'd basically just like to click on a thread and let people know of these DAC/AMP's the specs and where they can buy them from? if anyone could help with this I'd be very grateful.

May 12, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #5,576 of 15,569
Hi Guys, I've just joined.

I'm really interested in small DACs like the Fiio K1, Centrace DacPort and the like, so I've compiled a list of DAC/AMP's of the same size and would like to post it on here. If there's already a list for that, I can just add the ones I've found? I'd basically just like to click on a thread and let people know of these DAC/AMP's the specs and where they can buy them from? if anyone could help with this I'd be very grateful.

I'm not aware of one. You could always start your own thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back