New Member Introductions thread
Aug 26, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #2,101 of 15,646
Fidue a83 the hybrid iem is gaining a lot of positive review recently, i've found a very interesting offer on lendmeurears.com with 5% off and free express shipping, but i don't wanted to regret after buying it (like UE900S) so i'm going to ask around here first. My sound preference is headphone or iem like grado sr225e or dunu titan 1 with sparkling treble and fast bass but powerful and controlled with detail sound so if i'm get fidue a83 will i be liked it?

Aug 26, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #2,102 of 15,646
Hello everyone, im new as well, after wasting money on crappy headphones, i somehow always end up here for advice, so ATH-M50x and a pair of Grado sr80e's later, it only make sense to become a member....:)

Aug 26, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #2,103 of 15,646
Hi Derek,

Here to help.

I second nitesh99 on the MDR-1A. The MSR7 is a close competitor. MSR7 is more neutral and has better mids than the MDR-1A. While the MDR-1A has good bass and detailed treble. For me(subjectively) I'd go for the MDR-1A as they are more fun sounding. MDR-1A are being backordered at many retailers and not sure when Sony plans on replenishing the stock in the US. You could get the Japanese(International) version for less price but they wont come with a warranty when you buy on Ebay. If you dont mind pitching in another $50, you can get the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over-Ear. They are on par with the MDR-1As. Some would say they are even better.

Hope this helps! Let us know what you buy.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I am going to test the 1A and 2.0. I had the original on ear momentums but hurt ears too. I heard that the 2.0 addresses that.

Thanks

Aug 26, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #2,104 of 15,646
Sup, Head-Fi-ers and Head-Fi-ettes! After years of scraping along with crummy earbuds, a coworker showed me his Grado/Schiit Vali setup and I saw (well, heard) the light! I think... Anyways, I've got a "my first hi-fi" setup and hope to get advice and such, especially with tube rolling, since I'm new to this old-fangled thing called vacuum tube technology. Enough rambling, here's the skinny:

AKG x Massdrop K7XX
Project Sunrise 3.1 aluminum w/ 8-pin adapter
Behringer UCA222
Blue Jeans Cable LC-1
and a motley assortment of tubes.

Hope I get along well here.

Aug 26, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #2,105 of 15,646
Thanks for the info. I am going to test the 1A and 2.0. I had the original on ear momentums but hurt ears too. I heard that the 2.0 addresses that.

Thanks

The comfort of the M2s have been improved over the M1s. But for a person who is sensitive to discomfort like myself, it still wouldn't be comfortable enough. MDR-1As are hands down comfortable.

Aug 27, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #2,106 of 15,646
Hi I'm Adam, a long time viewer and first time poster on here, always a great site to come to.  My current hifi collection is really nothing to shout about as it is in need of some investment since my earlier days of hifi interest.  I've been developing some new headphones for a while and thought this would be the best place to come to get some views on what I am building, perhaps starting a thread.

All the best and thanks for building a great site.

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #2,107 of 15,646
Th
The comfort of the M2s have been improved over the M1s. But for a person who is sensitive to discomfort like myself, it still wouldn't be comfortable enough. MDR-1As are hands down comfortable.

Thanks! I looked on Sony website and it seems like the MDR - 1a are not available. Amazon has a few international versions but no warranty. Best Buy is also sold out.

Thanks again!

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #2,108 of 15,646
Th
Thanks! I looked on Sony website and it seems like the MDR - 1a are not available. Amazon has a few international versions but no warranty. Best Buy is also sold out.

Thanks again!

These are some of the trusted stores that still have them. Check em out:

1. ABT Electronics
http://www.abt.com/mobile/product_details.php?product_id=85127&Sony-MDR1AB=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=sc&utm_campaign=MDR1AB&camptype=cpcGooglePLA&kwid=productads-plaid%5E169455112324-sku%5E85127-adType%5EPLA-device%5Em-adid%5E77416723924

2. Fry's Electronics
Fry's website seems to be down for now. Check back later.

ABT is a trusted store and you can buy from them.

Thanks.

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #2,109 of 15,646
Hi everyone, i've been looking for triple driver hybrid IEM, i like to listen to rock and metal music so i love the sound signature of grado, its fits with my type of music, any recommendation from you guys would be nice.

Dunu DN2000J and Fidue A83 is the hybrid IEM that on my radar but unfortunately in the region where i live i cannot find the place where i can audition both of them.

Aug 27, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #2,110 of 15,646
Hello, my name is Erik and for some reason I keep getting new gear to try. I figured I might as well say hi to the people who've helped me many times when I needed info on some phones. Thank you for that.

Ill go and respond to some threads to up my post count.

Ciao!

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #2,111 of 15,646
Hello everyone,
I am new to the site and am extremely happy to have found it. I love listening to music and recently I discovered I had not been hearing it properly for my entire life. They say “ignorance is bliss” and in my case that could not have been more true. For more years then I care to count I have happily listened to my favorite MP3 files on my Zune player with $20.00 Skull candy ear buds and all was good in the world. Then I received as a Christmas gift from my wife a pair of Bose IE2 in ear head phones and my world changed. I suddenly realized music was not what I thought it was. I had been only hearing a small fraction of the beauty that was really there. I was also shocked to find out that there maybe yet more dimensions of sound that I have never experienced beyond Bose. To say I am intrigued at this possibility is a tremendous understatement. I am looking forward to digging into the vast amounts of knowledge and information here on this site to help me move deeper into the music I love and thought I knew. Any help or suggestions on how to best proceed would be greatly appreciated and most welcome.
HE7

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #2,112 of 15,646
  Hello everyone,
I am new to the site and am extremely happy to have found it. I love listening to music and recently I discovered I had not been hearing it properly for my entire life. They say “ignorance is bliss” and in my case that could not have been more true. For more years then I care to count I have happily listened to my favorite MP3 files on my Zune player with $20.00 Skull candy ear buds and all was good in the world. Then I received as a Christmas gift from my wife a pair of Bose IE2 in ear head phones and my world changed. I suddenly realized music was not what I thought it was. I had been only hearing a small fraction of the beauty that was really there. I was also shocked to find out that there maybe yet more dimensions of sound that I have never experienced beyond Bose. To say I am intrigued at this possibility is a tremendous understatement. I am looking forward to digging into the vast amounts of knowledge and information here on this site to help me move deeper into the music I love and thought I knew. Any help or suggestions on how to best proceed would be greatly appreciated and most welcome.
HE7

Welcome to head fi! The same thing happened to me in 2008. I decided to invest in some Denon headphones and my whole perception of music changed forever....you realise that there is a ladder starting with good headphones, even better one's and then even better one's as you climb to the top. Looking back those years...it really has been a journey. And i've only just discovered what my favourite sound signature is after 14 headphones...

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #2,113 of 15,646
  Hello everyone,
HE7

Welcome to the world of never-ending pursuit of joy. There is no stopping until you find your sound
smily_headphones1.gif
 . Wallet is gonna hurt a bit though. Now before we guide you in the right direction, please tell us what you are looking for. In case you are unsure please see below questions to determine what you want.

First and foremost thing to get right is to get the right Headphones. We can look into options for sources and other equipment once we get through this.

a) Would you like a Over-Ear Headphone, On-Ear Headphone or In-Ear Monitors?
       - Over-Ears are the full size headphones that completely cover your ears and give you the best music experience but not as portable as the other two. Manufacturers have come with ways to fold these to help in portability. So portability need not be a deciding factor
        - On-Ears are little brothers to the over-ears. Like the name suggests, they sit on your ears and are light and portable
        - In-Ear Monitors or IEMs are nothing but the earbuds. We don't call them earbuds here as IEMs are on many levels better than general earbuds when it comes to Sound Quality

b) Where and how do you plan on using these?
      - Travelling, Daily Commute, Open Office, Home, Coffee Shops or any place where you intend on using them the most
        - Just casual music, music + tv + gaming, critical music listening
        - Are you planning on listening out of PC, iPods, Smartphones or Advanced Music equipment

c) What type of music do you listen to or your preference in Sound Signature?
        - Classical, Jazz, Rock, Metal or Hiphop or do you like bass or you hate bass or the most important aspect is clarity anything that you can think about the sound

d) What are some of the the most important feature you want in the headphones and any features you straight down don't want?
      - Anything that you could think of that can't be answered in the above three questions and things that annoy you or pleases you

Hope this helps! let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #2,114 of 15,646
I've been here for about a month. Shortly after joining I bought some custom Grado 225e off a fellow Head-fi-er. When I received the headphones they were broken. The seller started telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about, or they must have been damaged in shipping.

I asked the seller for a refund, they were very rude while at the same time offering a $50 repair token for repairs. I excepted and then they were even wore aggressive and accused me of slander. Since those PMs I've made a video I'd like to share so others can see the performance of these headphones. These headphones don't produce clear detail, and the sound is really quiet sub 400 Hz. If played louder they become flat with light distortion, I think this is because there's glue on the speaker diaphragm. Anyways, I can't seem to post in the buyer/seller feedback.

So, I just want to know where is the right place to discuss this problem?

I really don't think I've been treated fairly. In out last message, the seller told me to "stop your whining and move on before this gets out of control".

Aug 27, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #2,115 of 15,646
 Wow, I did not expect to get a reply so quickly. That's gat and thank you both very much.  

A) To start out, I think IEM’s are where I would like to begin. I will definitely want to pick up a pair of Over Ear headphones at a later date, but right now a fine set of IEM’s is what I need.

B) I like to listen to my music in almost any location. Most often I would be using them with my smart phone, Zune or tablet. I do not expect to use them for gaming or any other activity then just listening to music. Again, down the road, I will be looking to get an AMP to put a complete system together for as high end listening I can manage.

C) I’m an old dog who likes to listen to almost every type of music. If there is one type of music I listen to most it would be Classic Progressive Rock (Jethro Tull, Yes, King Crimson, Pink Floyd), followed by Jazz (Return to Forever, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Hiroshima, Miles Davis), Motown, Rock, Folk, Soul, Classical, Bluegrass, World, and others. I have not tried much Rap/Hiphop yet, but it might happen someday. I’m going to show my ignorance here because I do not know the exact definition of Sound Signature. I can tell you what I hope to experience is to be able to hear every note, every instrument and sound available from a recording. I like Bass a lot but I also like mids and highs, I want to hear all of them as clearly as possible. That is what struck me most when I first put on the Bose headphones. All of the sudden I was hearing notes, mostly Bass and mids that I had never before heard in my favorite songs. Almost all of the inexpensive headphones I had heard to that point had an over emphasis on the high notes with some mid and only a narrow range of Bass that was loud, muddy and indistinct.

D) I can’t think of anything that is a deal breaker one way or the other. I do tend to listen to music at night so I would like to find a set that is comfortable if I fall asleep, but that is also not a must have feature. 

I hope this gives you a fair idea of what I'm hoping to achieve. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated and welcomed.
Thank much.
HE7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back