New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Oct 20, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #78 of 501
Dear headfellows,

> This is a nice feature. I wonder: does it relate to making the cross-feed more natural or is it an entirely separate enhancement?

> Certainly it's separately operable, but its intention is to compensate for some perceived slight energy loss below 2kHz which Jan's cross feed circuits may produce.

And so it is exactly. Maybe a better name for bass-enhancement would be to "tonal-balance". It is not to be compared to a bass-boost that works only at frequencies below 100 Hz. A headphone that fits the quality of the CLASSIC normally should normally have enough bass by itself and should not need bass-boost at all.

> I want one before christmas!

Maybe you're lucky. It seems that production may start by the end of this month. If all goes well I will have the first batch by the end of November.

I hope to publish more technical details and some pictures from the inside  in a couple of days on my website.

Also a production-prototype has been send to our fellow head-fier Skylab. He should receive his copy sometime next week.

Cheers

Jan

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #79 of 501
Thanks Jan 
smily_headphones1.gif

This is good news as Skylab also receives the new Audez'e LCD3 for review next week; and like me he has the LCD2 rev 1.

BTW, the CONCERTO is still my preferred amp with my LCD2, and just gets better and better! It sounds as powerful as the LYR despite the large difference in output, which shows there's no reason to have more power than you need. And the transparency, detail and clean transients of CONCERTO are superb.

I can only imagine what CLASSIC might be like! I look forward to more technical details and Rob's review.

Cheers, Andre

Quote:
<snip>

Also a production-prototype has been send to our fellow head-fier Skylab. He should receive his copy sometime next week.

Cheers

Jan

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #80 of 501
Is there any hint about the price range? I was thinking about getting Spl Phonitor but if this is cheaper (<1500€) and has crossfeed, Im going for this one. Is it digital or analog effect?

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #81 of 501
Yes, I look forward to trying the Classic with both the LCD-2 and 3 :D

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #82 of 501

Quote:
Is there any hint about the price range? I was thinking about getting Spl Phonitor but if this is cheaper (<1500€) and has crossfeed, Im going for this one. Is it digital or analog effect?

For some months ago, Jan told me that it was going to be a little bit more expensive than the Meier Concerto. (It was 595 EUR)

Quote:
Yes, I look forward to trying the Classic with both the LCD-2 and 3
biggrin.gif

Hey, Skylab.
If you've got some time over, would you mind testing the Classic with the ED8 and write something small about it?
I would really appreciate it.

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #83 of 501

Quote:

Hey, Skylab.
If you've got some time over, would you mind testing the Classic with the ED8 and write something small about it?
I would really appreciate it. 

Sure!  That's a good combo to try.

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #87 of 501
popcorn.gif

Not long now though I should think.

Nov 6, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #89 of 501
Yup, I have a loaner of the Corda Classic for review.  It will be a few weeks at least, though, because it is not next up in the review cue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back