New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Nov 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #946 of 2,354
The Triad... damn... it's on special in Thailand...
L3%20Metal.jpg

Lisa L3 in Metal Chassis
List Price : 28,900 Baht
OurPriceIncl : 25,900 Baht (Incl. Vat)

and also costs as much as 25.9 fun nights out.

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #947 of 2,354
lol your loss either way you put it :wink:. All I can say is it's insane Kiteki. Once I go down the route of full size cans again I will most likely upgrade the PSU to the one Triad offers but until then I'm cherry :).

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #949 of 2,354
Quote:
I've had it for some time DigitalFreak. Well over a month now. Yeah it's definitely set the bar really high. I just don't see it getting any better for IEMs with this amp. You just need to make sure to have a good PSU or you aren't getting the full potential of this amp. You haven't heard the full power of the dynamic range until you have heard this amp. Especially when burned in properly. Just WOW. It's like listening to all my music again for the first time. A huge step up IMO. Getting the dynamic range right is the hardest thing for your audio gear to achieve and this amp does it in spades. On other amps you'll notice the compression in comparison. Just makes them sound lifeless and dull in comparison (you are made to feel something is missing from the music).

What PSU are you using?

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #951 of 2,354
Quote:
I'm using the Firestone Power supply. They have been discontinued so it may be harder to find them now. I scored mine for a really good deal. It makes a huge difference on the Triad. You can never had enough "good power" :wink:.

You mean THIS one

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #953 of 2,354
Interesting, I've been putting the UHA-6S MKII (Eva) with op amp 209 installed head to head against my top lady the ALO RX MKII (Itoru). For the last hour or so I've been rotating my iPod Classic with Fiio L9 connector between the two amps using my jPhonic K2 sp IEM. The most noticeable difference is the soundstage. On the RX it seems wider giving the music a sitting in a large music hall like feel to it. Where the comparison gets interesting for me is the bass. On the songs Catch My Fall, Eyes Without A Face and Flesh For Fantasy by Billy Idol I noticed the bass is far more cleaner on the Leckerton with a nice satisfying mid bass rumbly sound to it. All three of these songs have a heavy prominent bass line which takes front and center over the guitars. Because of the better detailed rumbly bass the music sounds like it has more depth. After a little more A/Bing I began to sense the music on the Leckerton had a very slightly better 3D like layering to it. The RX is my most fluid sounding amp and it's transition between mids to lower highs and upper lows has always sounded wonderful on this amp. When put head to head against the Leckerton it keeps it's title as far as fluidity goes. I'm also noticing the mids seem to be pulled up a quarter step forward compared to the Leckerton making the RX a more mid centric sounding amp. As far as mids go the Leckerton seems to have a more crisper note presentation in the mids as well as it's whole overall signature. The end result, the Leckerton seems to have better PRAT making it a good amp for fast paced rock and electronica. As far as highs go, the Leckerton seems to sound slightly cleaner and crisper but the RX although not as crisp seems to have more air up top due to it's wider soundstage. The pops taps clips etc in the music also seem to have more authority on the Leckerton while on the RX those effects seem to sound a db or two softer.

Right now I really can't decide which of these two ladies I like better. They both seem to do very well what they're good at. I think I just had my very first threesome.
blink.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #954 of 2,354
I wonder how the pico power is going to compare to the UHA-6 MKII?

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #955 of 2,354
Quote:
I wonder how the pico power is going to compare to the UHA-6 MKII?

No idea, I wouldn't mind seeing Eva pitted against the Pico the Continental and the new Apex Glacier.

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #959 of 2,354
Quote:
For me personally I find the T1 to be better for portability with my DX100 even over the UHA6 MKII. Now if I was to be at my desktop I would prefer the UHA6 (at least synergy wise) also due to the volume pot having more headroom for bit for bit music playback. But other than that the T1 IMO. I'm actually on the fence about selling my Leckerton at this point.... I just don't use it enough to warrant keeping it. Before it was relegated to my desktop but my Triad has since "thrown it off the Pali" :wink:

Thanks Lee.   I'm going to get the T1 for my Studio V since I only need an amp and its synergy with the V and sony 7550 and other IEMs is very good.

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #960 of 2,354

Users who are viewing this thread

Back