New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Nov 27, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #976 of 2,354
Quote:
Well I came to a decision and put my UHA6 MKII and some other gear up for sale. Guess it's time to move on. Looking forward to the Heir 8As :wink:. Hope they won't disappoint.

Good luck with your new toy. Seems like it has been a year and you have yet to get your Heir 8A =)

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #977 of 2,354
Quote:

You think she'll play nice with the 6S MKII

Quote:
The UHA 6SMKII takes in single channel opamp so this module (apart from its humongous size) will not work.

Assuming those are op-amps and not weird, stubby capacitors, it looks like they're in socketed mounts. Can they be removed from the carrier and attached to the sockets on the Leckerton?

Quote:
Well I came to a decision and put my UHA6 MKII and some other gear up for sale. Guess it's time to move on. Looking forward to the Heir 8As :wink:. Hope they won't disappoint.

I've found that the UHA6 plays very nice with my Hidition NT 6 Pro, which has treble and bass emphasis somewhat like the 8.A's. For whatever reason the UHA-6's clinical characteristics bring out the NT 6 Pro's extension at the high and low extremes without making them seem unnatural at my usual listening levels.

Even though I think the RSA Blackbird has amazing synergy with the Heir 4.A in balanced mode, my early impressions of the RSA with the NT 6 Pro in balanced mode was of a comparatively thuddy and uninvolving sound.

Unless you're in a rush or need the money, I recommend trying the UHA6 with your 8.A before deciding it's not for you.

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #978 of 2,354
Quote:

Assuming those are op-amps and not weird, stubby capacitors, it looks like they're in socketed mounts. Can they be removed from the carrier and attached to the sockets on the Leckerton?

I've found that the UHA6 plays very nice with my Hidition NT 6 Pro, which has treble and bass emphasis somewhat like the 8.A's. For whatever reason the UHA-6's clinical characteristics bring out the NT 6 Pro's extension at the high and low extremes without making them seem unnatural at my usual listening levels.

Even though I think the RSA Blackbird has amazing synergy with the Heir 4.A in balanced mode, my early impressions of the RSA with the NT 6 Pro in balanced mode was of a comparatively thuddy and uninvolving sound.

Unless you're in a rush or need the money, I recommend trying the UHA6 with your 8.A before deciding it's not for you.

I'm kinda in the need for money but not only that my T1 amp is just that much better IMO with IEMs in general. Especially with my DX100 I don't use the UHA6 at all. I use to use the UHA6 MKII on my desktop with the DACport LX because they had good synergy and offered enough volume room on the pot for bit for bit playback. But the Triad is much better than it and is the replacement on the desktop. The T1 does amazingly well with all my IEMs. From very neutral to bass heavy. The problem for me with the Leckerton is that is focuses more on depth and not enough width to its presentation. This doesn't synergize well with the DX100 IMO while the T1 is a match made in heaven.

So I don't think I'll have a problem with the 8As. Also from reading some other headfiers reviews on the T1 (including ClieOS and GG) it seems the T1 really excels at powering low impedance loads (Sensitive IEMs) with power to spare. You'd have to hear it to really know what I mean but how the T1 presents music is amazing. It gives you a great sense of depth and width in the sound stage thus bringing very good balance. This fleshes out everything (mids, treble and bass). They all compliment each other very well. Very 3D. I agree the UHA6 MKII is an amazing amp. A big step up even over the O2 IMO. But the T1 just has it's number in my case although I still feel the UHA6 was better on my desktop (synergy wise).

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #979 of 2,354
I haven't receive any replies from Nick yet since last Thursday, so let's assume that he didn't receive my messages at all.
I have tried both Gmail and Hotmail already. The trash/spam folder is checked too.
Is he busy these days or I should try to contact him in a different way?

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #980 of 2,354
Quote:
I haven't receive any replies from Nick yet since last Thursday, so let's assume that he didn't receive my messages at all.
I have tried both Gmail and Hotmail already. The trash/spam folder is checked too.
Is he busy these days or I should try to contact him in a different way?

I'll try and contact him.

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #982 of 2,354
Quote:
I'll try and contact him.

I finally received the emails from Leckerton Audio today Because I sent my messages directly to their email address instead of using the website one.
They said that they did replied my emails and sent the order confirmation to me, but I didn't receive any messages at all. Isn't that weird? 
blink.gif

Disregarding that, the package is shipped yesterday, so hopefully it is going to arrive tomorrow. Good news!

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #983 of 2,354
I finally received the emails from Leckerton Audio today Because I sent my messages directly to their email address instead of using the website one.
They said that they did replied my emails and sent the order confirmation to me, but I didn't receive any messages at all. Isn't that weird? :blink:
Disregarding that, the package is shipped yesterday, so hopefully it is going to arrive tomorrow. Good news!

I sent a mensage too through their website today.

If I don't receive a reply till thursday, do you think it would be a good Idea to send them a e-mail directly?

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #984 of 2,354
I'm kinda in the need for money but not only that my T1 amp is just that much better IMO with IEMs in general. Especially with my DX100 I don't use the UHA6 at all. I use to use the UHA6 MKII on my desktop with the DACport LX because they had good synergy and offered enough volume room on the pot for bit for bit playback. But the Triad is much better than it and is the replacement on the desktop. The T1 does amazingly well with all my IEMs. From very neutral to bass heavy. The problem for me with the Leckerton is that is focuses more on depth and not enough width to its presentation. This doesn't synergize well with the DX100 IMO while the T1 is a match made in heaven.

So I don't think I'll have a problem with the 8As. Also from reading some other headfiers reviews on the T1 (including ClieOS and GG) it seems the T1 really excels at powering low impedance loads (Sensitive IEMs) with power to spare. You'd have to hear it to really know what I mean but how the T1 presents music is amazing. It gives you a great sense of depth and width in the sound stage thus bringing very good balance. This fleshes out everything (mids, treble and bass). They all compliment each other very well. Very 3D. I agree the UHA6 MKII is an amazing amp. A big step up even over the O2 IMO. But the T1 just has it's number in my case although I still feel the UHA6 was better on my desktop (synergy wise).

Between the T1 and the uha-6s mkii (209) which is more detailed? If the T1 really does sound better than the uha-6s mkii with the dx100, then I just might have to sell it and get a T1, and it's cheaper too! :D

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #986 of 2,354
Quote:

did I mention i placed an order for a pair of 4A's
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #990 of 2,354
Quote:
Between the T1 and the uha-6s mkii (209) which is more detailed? If the T1 really does sound better than the uha-6s mkii with the dx100, then I just might have to sell it and get a T1, and it's cheaper too!
biggrin.gif

They both have different presentations. The UHA6 MKII focuses on depth while the T1 has emphasis on both depth and width in the sound stage. For me this makes music that much more pleasant to listen to from the bass, treble to mids. They all make each other that more apparent and enjoyable IMO. So I feel they are similar in terms of overall detail but their presentations are quite different. In a sense I can say it is easier for me to perceive the detail on the T1 as it is that much more engaging for me. This is with my DX100 however as it pairs extremely well with it. The UHA6 did excel on my DACport LX though since the DACport had a good width to it's sound staging so they blended well together.
Quote:
did I mention i placed an order for a pair of 4A's
bigsmile_face.gif

4As or 4ai? :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back