New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Nov 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #963 of 2,354
Just want to bring to everyone's attention, if it already isn't, that the 209 version of the mkII is very susceptible to gsm-interference. Much more so than my previous GS Voyager. I noticed today when I got onto the bus at the same time with a girl talking to the phone, the typical buzz came up and relatively high in volume. I tried to escape it by grabbing a seat on the last row, but she followed me and sat down four rows in front of me. I could pick up the the noise from that far away and I must've looked like one of the guys from Star Trek with a geo analyzer while trying to figure out an approximate distance... The Voyager only seemed to pick it up if my phone was in my bag right next to it and someone was trying to call me. Sometimes it didn't even do it then.
The mkII+209 seems to gather other interference as well. There's this spot at work which I pass daily and every time I get this high pitched noise through my headphones that's lower in volume, but a more constant sound compared to gsm-interference. Have to find out what's happening there..

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #964 of 2,354
Just want to bring to everyone's attention, if it already isn't, that the 209 version of the mkII is very susceptible to gsm-interference. Much more so than my previous GS Voyager. I noticed today when I got onto the bus at the same time with a girl talking to the phone, the typical buzz came up and relatively high in volume. I tried to escape it by grabbing a seat on the last row, but she followed me and sat down four rows in front of me. I could pick up the the noise from that far away and I must've looked like one of the guys from Star Trek with a geo analyzer while trying to figure out an approximate distance... The Voyager only seemed to pick it up if my phone was in my bag right next to it and someone was trying to call me. Sometimes it didn't even do it then.
The mkII+209 seems to gather other interference as well. There's this spot at work which I pass daily and every time I get this high pitched noise through my headphones that's lower in volume, but a more constant sound compared to gsm-interference. Have to find out what's happening there..

This is something that I have never experienced before. What interconnect were you using between your source and the amp?

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #965 of 2,354
Interference with opamp 209 is acknowledged on leckerton's site, so it is a known issue.

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #967 of 2,354
Agreed, with 209 I've experienced the odd low level staticy glitch once in a blue moon but never a squelch and never when a phone is 4 seats away from me.

@uelover

What do you think?

You think she'll play nice with the 6S MKII

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #968 of 2,354
Quote:
Agreed, with 209 I've experienced the odd low level staticy glitch once in a blue moon but never a squelch and never when a phone is 4 seats away from me.

@uelover

What do you think?

You think she'll play nice with the 6S MKII

Why dual to mono module?

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #969 of 2,354
Quote:

Why dual to mono module?

kiteki planted the suggestion in my mind so now I'm curious
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #971 of 2,354
Quote:

The UHA 6SMKII takes in single channel opamp so this module (apart from its humongous size) will not work.

Crap, I was really curious about it. Thanks for the heads up

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #974 of 2,354
Interesting, the first thing I thought when I saw the pic was some weird designer bra that Madonna would probably wear when on tour during the early 90s

Nov 27, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #975 of 2,354
Well I came to a decision and put my UHA6 MKII and some other gear up for sale. Guess it's time to move on. Looking forward to the Heir 8As :wink:. Hope they won't disappoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back