New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Feb 24, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #2,345 of 2,354
I've owned the UHA-6S.MKII for a few years now which I upgraded to from a FiiO unit and I have to say the the difference it makes in audio quality is astonishing.

It was definitely a big investment but one that has really been worth it.

I'm curious if there's anything worth upgrading to from the MKII or whether there wouldn't be any noticeable improvement?

For reference I am currently using the Sennheiser IE800 IEM.

Jul 23, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #2,347 of 2,354
I've owned the UHA-6S.MKII for a few years now which I upgraded to from a FiiO unit and I have to say the the difference it makes in audio quality is astonishing.
Hey Noor,
Which opamps do you have in it? Another thing you could do for fun is to try some other opamps for a slightly different flavor. Not sure if these are the best for IE800, but I run AD 4627-BRZ opamps in mine and have kept it because it is just a solid IEM amp.

Jul 25, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #2,348 of 2,354
Yes, 8620's and I still use them today. I've had quite a few small headphone amps and they always seem to end up with a pair of 8610s or an 8620. I even had the older iBasso balanced amp and dac, 8620s ended up in there too.

Mar 3, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #2,352 of 2,354
Quick question about the UH6SMKii and an iphone. Should i turn the power on the Leck first and then plug into the iphone (via usb + lightning to camera kit)? Or should i connect them and then turn on the power to the Leck? I felt like the iphone used more power battery life with the Leck than with the lightning-3.5mm dac. Since the Leck was doing the DAC work, i expected the battery to last longer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back