New Klipsch headphone model: MODE noise canceling headphones
Jul 12, 2011 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

vinnievidi

500+ Head-Fier

From Macnn:
"Klipsch has quietly introduced a new upscale pair of over-ear headphones. The Mode steps up above Klipsch's regular pair with active noise cancellation but also promises to fix the short runtime the earpieces often have. Full noise reduction should last 45 hours, and the headphones will keep playing as usual if the batteries run out in mid-session.

Each earcup contains a 40mm woofer with Klipsch's signature focuses on bass and mid-range as well as a separate 15mm tweeter to catch higher frequencies. Audio ranges between 20Hz and 20kHz with a 32ohm impedance and a 97.5dB signal-to-noise ratio.

Klipsch is aiming for an upscale feel with leather earcups, the same resin and other construction elements as high-end eyeglasses, and a cloth-wrapped cable to prevent rustling noises. A second cable is an option to help fit every device.

The Mode only has a generic fall release date and no immediate price."

http://www.ipodnn.com/articles/11/07/12/klipsch.unveils.upscale.mode.headphones/#ixzz1RwK2k2h7

Klipsch official site:
http://www.klipsch.com/klipsch-mode-noise-canceling-headphones

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 14
Breaking at a Bestbuy near you!

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
My bet is that they'll be the next hit at the Apple Store

Yeah but apple replaces the broken headphones

Bestbuy just leaves the limbs and torso on the floor

I can never like headphones that look nice and smooth when the sides are pushed up all the way and when you try to fit them over your head the bands become ugly and fragile.

Jul 13, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 14
hawt!
I wonder if everything is the same shade of red/chrome, or some closer to black than red.

Jul 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #9 of 14
Oh no, I fear we just lost Klipsch. Woofers in the ear cups? Really people? Why is everybody so obsessed with booming bass?

Jul 17, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #10 of 14
Germancub, we lost Klipsch several months back when they sold out.

Sadly, it'll just be a matter of time before their Heritage Line is moved to China or simply discontinued. Another great American audio manufacturer gone. :frowning2:

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #11 of 14
That's hilarious!!  Very little care goes into the Best Buy audio departments!!  10 years ago that kind of stuff would have never happened.  They just don't care like they used to.  Go in to your local Best Buy and ask them about a product that might be brand new to them or is coming to them soon and most of the sales people have no clue what you're talking about.

Quote:

Bestbuy just leaves the limbs and torso on the floor

I like booming bass if it's presented properly.  The big bass of the Edition 8 is a good example.  It booms big when needed and never impedes any of the other frequencies.  For me personally I think sub woofer type bass just fills out the music or movie. 
Quote:
Oh no, I fear we just lost Klipsch. Woofers in the ear cups? Really people? Why is everybody so obsessed with booming bass?

Taking a good look at that picture...it seems to me that unless the hinge on those headphones allows them to bend out away from the head, I can see some real potential for fit issues. 

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
That's hilarious!!  Very little care goes into the Best Buy audio departments!!  10 years ago that kind of stuff would have never happened.  They just don't care like they used to.  Go in to your local Best Buy and ask them about a product that might be brand new to them or is coming to them soon and most of the sales people have no clue what you're talking about.

They actually really tried when it came to the mini-Magnolia stores ... for about 2 weeks.  
basshead.gif
  They had some "professional" sales people that didn't wear the polo shirts, but wore shirts and ties and they did have some knowledge.  Now, when you go into a mini-Magnolia, it's devoid of sales personnel.  About every 15 minutes, one of the sales droids in the blue polos will make a pass through and see if you need any assistance.  And, Best Buy is wondering why their stock price isn't so hot?  Give me a reason to be truly treated a customer, provide some good knowledge that I didn't pull up with my extensive research - and, I just might make a purchase from you.

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #14 of 14
Dual driver thing is cool.  They look like they'd snap if they hit the floor though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back