New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 7, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #8,296 of 8,377
How does the roxanne compare to the K10U and the Katana?

I mainly use the roxanne on edm vocals and they sound great because the vocals are whole new level and feels so organic and the bass is amazing. These were a upgrade from audio technica im03.

The Roxanne for edm is amazing. Took me a bit to get used to the thicker mid section. I'm used to more v shapes headphones.

Dec 7, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #8,297 of 8,377
How does the roxanne compare to the K10U and the Katana?

I mainly use the roxanne on edm vocals and they sound great because the vocals are whole new level and feels so organic and the bass is amazing. These were a upgrade from audio technica im03.

Nothing against the Noble IEMs as I was ready to buy the K10U or Katana after selling away my old IEM. Was reading all the mix reviews and decided to give it a go and thus went to a local shop to do a final audition. I then realised that the K10U and Katana are over exaggerated in the reviews.

Found Noble IEMs quite nice, but nothing close to what was reviewed in the super long fans club thread. Easy to listen to, but no specific sound signature, and not worth the price to me. Perhaps the shop I went to has too many low end IEMs that I auditioned too, that has similar SQ but all at less than half the price of K10U or Katana. I could not hear differences between the low end IEMs there vs Noble. However, the aluminium body is nice, and probably the logo makes it quite unique, but it feels really hollow and light. The first impression from the high asking price and premium look might have created the perceived "value", but I was hoping to hear a jump in sound quality rather than the exterior look (I auditioned the Rose Gold model).

Left the shop with a JH Roxanne 2 instead, and later on upgraded to a Layla 2. Both sounds better to my ears for the music I prefer, with the clarity, right bass and soundstage I was looking for. Didn't find that in K10U or Katana. Price of the JH Roxanne 2 then was similar to the K10U Rose Gold edition, and thus I was really deciding on either the Noble or JH. Easy choice after listening to both.

Hope this helps.

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #8,298 of 8,377
Nothing against the Noble IEMs as I was ready to buy the K10U or Katana after selling away my old IEM. Was reading all the mix reviews and decided to give it a go and thus went to a local shop to do a final audition. I then realised that the K10U and Katana are over exaggerated in the reviews.

Left the shop with a JH Roxanne 2 instead, and later on upgraded to a Layla 2. Both sounds better to my ears for the music I prefer, with the clarity, right bass and soundstage I was looking for. Didn't find that in K10U or Katana. Price of the JH Roxanne 2 then was similar to the K10U Rose Gold edition, and thus I was really deciding on either the Noble or JH. Easy choice after listening to both.

Hope this helps.

Interesting. You should write some reviews from your experiences with all of those here on Head-Fi. Start our own little JH Audio fanboy club. lol

I've been putting off writing my review of my JH 13v2's and Roxanne's but will be posting them shortly. Let's get them to where they belong (in the top 5)!

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #8,299 of 8,377
Interesting. You should write some reviews from your experiences with all of those here on Head-Fi. Start our own little JH Audio fanboy club. lol

I've been putting off writing my review of my JH 13v2's and Roxanne's but will be posting them shortly. Let's get them to where they belong (in the top 5)!

I know. Interesting to find, that there are not many reviews on the JH Roxanne and Layla compared to Noble. Noble has done a great job in social marketing, and probably gaining good support from fans for their design. Even with all the hoo-hahs around their IEMs being opened up exposing simple BA driver and cheap materials, the argument of their China ex-partner and China factory, etc. Still, Noble managed to pull it off.

Something to learn from Noble.

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #8,300 of 8,377
I know. Interesting to find, that there are not many reviews on the JH Roxanne and Layla compared to Noble. Noble has done a great job in social marketing, and probably gaining good support from fans for their design. Even with all the hoo-hahs around their IEMs being opened up exposing simple BA driver and cheap materials, the argument of their China ex-partner and China factory, etc. Still, Noble managed to pull it off.

Something to learn from Noble.

The Wizard has been successful in casting his spell on the simple minded. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And in all seriousness, he has such a big presence here on Head-Fi (and frequently uses dank memes to appeal to the masses - I've been guilty of giving him a lot of reputation points because the guy if funny as f with his gifs) that he has worked hard (in replying to people's questions and in being funny) to win over people's support. Andy Regan at JH Audio is so busy dealing with professionals (i.e., real musicians), I'm not surprised he hasn't had time or maybe the willpower to spend 6 hours out of his day replying to people here on Head-Fi.

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #8,301 of 8,377
The Wizard has been successful in casting his spell on the simple minded. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And in all seriousness, he has such a big presence here on Head-Fi (and frequently uses dank memes to appeal to the masses - I've been guilty of giving him a lot of reputation points because the guy if funny as f with his gifs) that he has worked hard (in replying to people's questions and in being funny) to win over people's support. Andy Regan at JH Audio is so busy dealing with professionals (i.e., real musicians), I'm not surprised he hasn't had time or maybe the willpower to spend 6 hours out of his day replying to people here on Head-Fi.

Not surprised as this is how modern companies are managing social marketing. I can't comment if it is him (or his marketing team using the userID) who replies to all the questions, or "who" are asking all the questions, but the exchanges seems to push for positive experience and exaggerated sound quality that seems all well planned to me. The last feedback from a real user was bluntly brushed off and I don't agree with this kind of treatment.

The last few organisations that I worked for had strong marketing team as well, and all of them has a Social Marketing Team to post "great" experiences to boost sales. Perceived value is more important nowadays than the actual value, with the new digital world, and audio products are commonly sold over online without really having a proper audition anyway. As long as some reviews say it is good, most users will jump in to comment the same experience, enhancing the impact and belief.

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #8,302 of 8,377
Like I said, let's all do our part for the community in reviewing our pieces so that everyone's opinions are represented, with you doing the K10U's, Roxanne's, and Layla's and with me doing the SE846, 13v2's, and Roxanne's.

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #8,303 of 8,377
I had the same experience as MarkTwain, I purchased the Roxanne before I tried the Noble lineup, I thought it would be a good matchup and from the review I have read on Head-Fi, i was ready to be amazed as some describe Noble as better mid/treble than JH and with same punchy bass along with wider soundstage. 

The moment I put on Noble (K10U first than Katana), it was a relief. I can understand why some would describe Noble having better mid/treble, it does have the same/similar extension like the Layla, but the mid/bass is not there. It's not dynamic/lively to listen to, and because of the lack of mid/bass, it does gives the impression of having a wider soundstage. 

That's not a sound signature I personally enjoy, and it does come down to taste and the music you are listening to, but to me, K10U and Katana are no match to my Roxanne, and certainly not to Layla. I thought the difference between Noble and JH would be much smaller, but it turns out to be quite different in sound signature. I would also point out this, there are many other cheaper earphone that has similar sound signature as Noble lineup, I can't really justify the price they are charging. I even tested some Chinese brand earphone during CanJam, and some sounded very very similar to Noble. On the other hand, there are no earphone that sounded like Roxanne at least to my ear. 

Noble does have the biggest stand during CanJam London, they are fantastic on marketing, and their shell customization and artworks are amazing. I would however rather spend my money on sound i like than the appearance of my earphone. At the end of the day, I walked away from CanJam pretty happy, Layla is an upgrade to my custom Roxanne, but not something I can afford at this point, and I hope something better/cheaper would come along when I am thinking of upgrading again, but for now, Roxanne will do.

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #8,305 of 8,377
Like I said, let's all do our part for the community in reviewing our pieces so that everyone's opinions are represented, with you doing the K10U's, Roxanne's, and Layla's and with me doing the SE846, 13v2's, and Roxanne's.

Just did the comparison of the 3 IEMs, didn't I? 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I don't have the K10U and Roxanne anymore, so will not be able to do detailed comparison. Everything will be based on memory, which is not accurate. It will be the same type of inaccurate reviews like those in the Noble threads, which is not ideal.

Left with Layla 2 as my only IEM as sold the rest over time.

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #8,306 of 8,377
Just did the comparison of the 3 IEMs, didn't I? :D

Anyway, I don't have the K10U and Roxanne anymore, so will not be able to do detailed comparison. Everything will be based on memory, which is not accurate. It will be the same type of inaccurate reviews like those in the Noble threads, which is not ideal.

Left with Layla 2 as my only IEM as sold the rest over time.

Haha I guess so. But I meant in the form of an actual review in the review section. And even if it's just as short as what you wrote a few posts ago, that's still better for others than nothing. I'm sure you'd have a lot to say about them if you tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back