New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Nov 23, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #8,239 of 8,377

I don't see how they would be ripping us off.  Could you explain your opinion please?

First, they came up with Universal Roxanne.
Then, they partner with AK and announced Layla, Roxanne, and Angie V1.
A year after that, they announced Full Metal Jacket Layla V2, Roxanne V2 with 4 passive crossover, Angie V2, and Rosie.

Both versions have a very bad fit and bad QC.

Now, they said "we just fully utilized 3d printing; thus, here come the performance series.".

I was lucky that I decided to go custom. 

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #8,240 of 8,377
  First, they came up with Universal Roxanne.
Then, they partner with AK and announced Layla, Roxanne, and Angie V1.
A year after that, they announced Full Metal Jacket Layla V2, Roxanne V2 with 4 passive crossover, Angie V2, and Rosie.

Both versions have a very bad fit and bad QC.

Now, they said "we just fully utilized 3d printing; thus, here come the performance series.".

I was lucky that I decided to go custom. 

I understand your issues with JH .  I do not blame you.

On another note, will the performance series have better quality control?

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #8,245 of 8,377
Fit is actually an issue that plagued me for a while.

I'm actually currently considering selling my V1 Roxannes to get one of the new performance series IEMs.

I don't have fit issue with both Roxanne 2 or Layla 2 universal. They are both as comfortable as my JH16pro CIEM.

The initial few days with my Roxanne 2 was finding the wrong tips to use, with the standard tips provided all not providing optimal balance of comfort vs seal, thus the discomfort issue initially.

Purchased the S size comply tip (tried the Medium that fits nicely with my XBA-Z5 and ASG2.5, becomes too large on the Roxanne/Layla 2) and it provides the perfect seal and comfort. Can wear it on my whole 8-hrs flight last month without any discomfort.

Realised that the bore is thicker on the Roxanne/Layla 2, and most tips that I used to have are no longer useable for my ears as they become too big. Tried Sony hybrid, silicon tips, and Spinfits of 2 different packaging, using S, M, and L size. All can't get the same seal and comfort that I get from Comply Small tips.

Problem is you can only find Medium size Comply tips in most stores, and you will need to order from overseas for the S size.

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #8,247 of 8,377
  Are the Roxannes a good upgrade from Shure SE846 for somebody who really likes their sound signature?  I listen to mostly harder rock and metal from all time periods.

You might need to do your own audition, as we all have different preference.

Just like some who prefer the JH Roxanne/Layla, some prefer Noble IEMs. I tested briefly on the SE846 when choosing between XBA-Z5 and 846. Preferred the Z5 sound then.

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #8,250 of 8,377
I don't have fit issue with both Roxanne 2 or Layla 2 universal. They are both as comfortable as my JH16pro CIEM.

The initial few days with my Roxanne 2 was finding the wrong tips to use, with the standard tips provided all not providing optimal balance of comfort vs seal, thus the discomfort issue initially.

Purchased the S size comply tip (tried the Medium that fits nicely with my XBA-Z5 and ASG2.5, becomes too large on the Roxanne/Layla 2) and it provides the perfect seal and comfort. Can wear it on my whole 8-hrs flight last month without any discomfort.

Realised that the bore is thicker on the Roxanne/Layla 2, and most tips that I used to have are no longer useable for my ears as they become too big. Tried Sony hybrid, silicon tips, and Spinfits of 2 different packaging, using S, M, and L size. All can't get the same seal and comfort that I get from Comply Small tips.

Problem is you can only find Medium size Comply tips in most stores, and you will need to order from overseas for the S size.

Yes, I have excellent fit with the Roxanne IIs as well, but I find it extremely hard to justify the price considering they cost the same as the custom Roxanne in my part of the woods.

The new performance series might just be my saving grace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back