New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 13, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #7,201 of 8,377
  Check out this upgrade cable (China)
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.28.mu6y9U&id=17347049622&ns=1&abbucket=5#detail

they have the bass control. I am considering getting one of it as my new year gift. Impression will be posted in here if I bought it.

Nice. Although I'm not really sure if we can personalize the order? Seems like we can only choose between the bass dial, the connectors or the whole complete cable? Is it ¥2,488 too?

Dec 14, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #7,203 of 8,377
Nice cable, but I haven't liked the hybrid ones really

Quote:
  Check out this upgrade cable (China)
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.28.mu6y9U&id=17347049622&ns=1&abbucket=5#detail

they have the bass control. I am considering getting one of it as my new year gift. Impression will be posted in here if I bought it.

Dec 14, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #7,205 of 8,377
I personally heard a difference between the two, (this is with a limited time listening to the universals and a lot of time with the customs). The custom fit sounded better to me, less congested and better details.  This is more than likely due to the fit.  I was not able to get a good comfortable fit with the uni.  One of the reasons to get custom for me was the hassle unis present getting them in the same way every time.

There are a few here that have had both for longer periods that would be able to give you more details (with longer time and effort invested into getting the unis to fit and seal properly).

Dec 14, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #7,206 of 8,377
Given the universal fit is huge. Fit is the main issue. You have to find the tip that fit best. Also it's easy to get dislodged from your ear and break the seal. just by moving your jaw it can easily break the seal and get inconsistent SQ. 

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #7,212 of 8,377
but what if I already get used to the UF and having a good seal with the eartips that fit me? Will there still be any sound enhancement if I change to a CM?

I have both the Roxanne UF and the carbon fiber CIEMs. IMO while the sound quality from the UF is 9.8 on a scale of 1 to 10, with the UF I always know I'm wearing 'earphones'. In addition, I haven't found any tips for the UF that don't begin to make my ears itch after an hour or two. The SQ is great though. YMMV.
IMO the CIEMs sound quality is 9.95 compared to 9.8 via the UF. I do find it really hard to discern between the two from a SQ perspective though. Yet, now when deciding between the two to listen to, I always choose the CIEMs. First I have worn and do wear the CIEMs for 6 hours plus with no fatigue and no ear itch. I literally forget they are in my ears. And the SQ is to die for. I think probably because the CIEMs are so darn comfortable and consistently seal so well I give the SQ edge to the CIEMs.
In sum, the Custom Roxannes are so amazing that I rarely listen to my other high end phones now let alone the UF Roxannes. Just one person's opinion...
Cheers!

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #7,215 of 8,377
but what if I already get used to the UF and having a good seal with the eartips that fit me? Will there still be any sound enhancement if I change to a CM?

I have both the Roxanne UF and the carbon fiber CIEMs. IMO while the sound quality from the UF is 9.8 on a scale of 1 to 10, with the UF I always know I'm wearing 'earphones'. In addition, I haven't found any tips for the UF that don't begin to make my ears itch after an hour or two. The SQ is great though. YMMV.
IMO the CIEMs sound quality is 9.95 compared to 9.8 via the UF. I do find it really hard to discern between the two from a SQ perspective though. Yet, now when deciding between the two to listen to, I always choose the CIEMs. First I have worn and do wear the CIEMs for 6 hours plus with no fatigue and no ear itch. I literally forget they are in my ears. And the SQ is to die for. I think probably because the CIEMs are so darn comfortable and consistently seal so well I give the SQ edge to the CIEMs.
In sum, the Custom Roxannes are so amazing that I rarely listen to my other high end phones now let alone the UF Roxannes. Just one person's opinion...
Cheers!

Valuephile, can you provide us a reference of high end phone U are refering to.

As far as I can tell, @Valuephile is comparing his experience of the JH Roxanne Universal Fit with his Roxanne Carbon Fibre Custom.
(This is in response to the 'sound enhancement' question about differences between Universal Fit and Custom Monitors)

Scoring 9.8 and 9.95 respectively in terms of sound quality, though the 'UF' get uncomfortable after a few hours and the 'RCF' Custom are so comfortable, he forgets he's listening to them.

Hope this helps..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back