New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Nov 15, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #7,037 of 8,377
Same thing is happening to me around the plug area.sound just completely cuts out. How is this not covered by warranty? Also the cable is getting unraveled in some places. I'd really like an aftermarket cable but I'm afraid it's gonna be $300-$400

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #7,038 of 8,377
Woah, this is quite disconcerting. So many users reporting this same problem is very worrying. I'd expect the cable to hold up for quite sometime, especially if it is well taken care of, or used minimally.

I haven't even received my Roxannes, but I'm already having serious concerns regarding its durability.

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #7,040 of 8,377
Definitely a concern for me as well... But unfortunately I don't think it will stop me from getting these in the future unfortunately

My sentiments exactly. Even if I had a chance to refund my purchase in full, I'd still decline - I'll take the Roxanne anytime, cable flaws and all. We can only hope that JH improves the QC for their products soon. It'll be a huge bummer to have to pay so much for a product that routinely disappoints due to quality issues.

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #7,041 of 8,377
Reminds me of the Ultumate Ears Triple Fi 10 cable. Terrible cable...I still love my Roxanne even more than the JH16 which was my fav CIEM of all time....

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #7,042 of 8,377
I agree somewhat, but wonder what a nice silver cable would sound like...8 conductor cable though will be very expensive..interestingly enough though I've read the bass pot on the stock cable would only be good for around 100 switches before it stopped working

I prefer to keep my money and not spend it on overpriced copper wire with a connector, but that's just me. 

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #7,043 of 8,377
Reminds me of the Ultumate Ears Triple Fi 10 cable. Terrible cable...I still love my Roxanne even more than the JH16 which was my fav CIEM of all time....

JH should start releasing fixed replacement cables soon. Has anybody who's affected managed to contact JH to gather their advice/opinions on this unfortunate issue?

Nov 16, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #7,044 of 8,377
I emailed Sue..she said they'd send me out another one soon...just concerned it will happen again, because I don't think they'd send me out another replacement and the stock cables cost $65..ouch..I've only had this cable a month..and I listen maybe 2 hours a day tops..

Nov 16, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #7,046 of 8,377
  I emailed Sue..she said they'd send me out another one soon...just concerned it will happen again, because I don't think they'd send me out another replacement and the stock cables cost $65..ouch..I've only had this cable a month..and I listen maybe 2 hours a day tops..

Well, they should send replacement cables for as long as they are under warranty. It seems evident that there is some quality issue at play here, and JH should acknowledge it.

Between the quality defects and the long wait times experienced by some of our forum mates, I'm actually a little disappointed with JH at the moment.

Poor quality in my book. I use mine 3-4 hrs per week for 5-6 months. Not wasting money on another stock cable. I'm waiting however long it takes for an after market cable .

Have you contacted JH to ask if they can offer another cable without charge?

Nov 16, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #7,047 of 8,377
I can't remember but I think I read somewhere they went with another cable company and thus the reason for all the cable problems

Well, they should send replacement cables for as long as they are under warranty. It seems evident that there is some quality issue at play here, and JH should acknowledge it.

Between the quality defects and the long wait times experienced by some of our forum mates, I'm actually a little disappointed with JH at the moment.

Have you contacted JH to ask if they can offer another cable without charge?

Nov 16, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #7,048 of 8,377
Wow thats not good, I've had my universals 4 months now and so far so good. Fingers crossed. 

Nov 16, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #7,049 of 8,377
My Roxanne cable failed a few weeks ago at the elbow plug, too. I chalked that up to wear and tear. Since JH Audio only has the clear cable available on their web site, and I much prefer black, I decided to have it reterminated by Moon Audio to a Switchcraft Mini 4pin XLR, so I could use the stock cable with either a normal SE plug or a balanced adapter.

That worked fine, but today I was playing with the bass pot settings and discovered that the right bass pot is broken. Fortunately it's stuck at neutral, because I prefer a 12pm setting, and there's not that much difference between that and 8am. If it was stuck open at full throttle, that would be a disaster!

Guess I'll be contacting JH Audio for a replacement. Wear and tear on the elbow plug is one thing, but a broken bass pot is unacceptable because I changed the bass pot settings less than a dozen times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back