New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jul 29, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #6,455 of 8,377
They called me and later said it belongs to someone else
Damn trolls!

That's even worse than no news... 
confused_face.gif

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #6,456 of 8,377
I really enjoys the Rox sound signature. But just not the quality of service and build quality.
This is my 3rd time sending back the Rox.
1) Refit
2) Channel imbalance
3) Shell cracked

Turnaround for each is about 1.5 months. Its reaching my last straw should the 4th attempt fails.
I'll probably have to ask Jaben to get a refund. The QC is not funny.

I'm solely referring to JH build quality and customer service.
The sound itself is fantastic and probably one of the best sound signature I've heard, referencing from Fitear 335DW, 435,334, JH 13, 16, FAD Lab1, Shure 846, Westone W60, AKG3003, Dita Truth Edition, Noble K10, Rooth LSX etc.

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #6,457 of 8,377
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Earphone Solutions has the balanced cable out now.  It looks the same as my AKR03 cable so maybe its the same one.

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/roxanne-balanced-cables.html

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #6,458 of 8,377
  I guess they may even get a pair of Roxanne for free. That make us the one who actually pays for the product, generating the revenue JHA has.

I suspect they pay more for a fast turn around and get fit for acrylic by known entities if not when there. These are tools for their original profit making base. I understand the frustration and disappointment but lets stick to knowns. Unfortunately one of those knowns is that you fell through the cracks.
frown.gif
 Sorry to hear that.

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #6,459 of 8,377
I'm sorry to hear about that too nevin. Would you consider the universals? I didn't order the customs mostly because to avoid what happened to you. Aesthetically, going custom with CF version should be most pleasing but as you know CF have no effect whatsoever to the sound signature. But on the other hand if your ears do fit the universals I would highly recommend it. I have pretty normal ears (actually small ears because I'm Asian) and I think they look alright on me. Yes, the service sucked big time and it's expected that they can't possibly handle such a large amount of order with so little people. It's also terrible to hear there's a degrade in workmanship. If that's really the case, it would be wise to go the universal route (as long as your ears fit). I'm still on my honeymoon period (close to 100 hours) with my UF Roxanne and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I might remold them into CM in the future when things are back to normal.

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #6,460 of 8,377
Same here and I do second the UniRox as to why suffer with all the delays and headache with the CF version, when you can buy the UniRox right now?

Jul 29, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #6,462 of 8,377
  I suspect they pay more for a fast turn around and get fit for acrylic by known entities if not when there. These are tools for their original profit making base. I understand the frustration and disappointment but lets stick to knowns. Unfortunately one of those knowns is that you fell through the cracks.
frown.gif
 Sorry to hear that.

I agree. That's what I wrote in my initial post. Some people paid more to get it faster; some people paid the standard price and wait; some people get a discount for various reasons. I can live with that as long as every people's order are properly managed.

It's unfortunately but not big enough to stop me from enjoying musics :-D 

Jul 29, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #6,464 of 8,377
  If you tried the Custom, you wouldnt wanna listen to the Universal.

It really depends on your ear structure. Of course CM would be the best possible scenario but there's also the risk of a refit and unbalanced sound. I owned a pair of UE 18 Pro and I needed to refit twice to get the sound right. I honestly feel universals like SE535 and W4 fit well to my ear that isolation is not even an issue. I believe the majority of people should have "normal" ears and that universal should fit fine. 

Jul 29, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #6,465 of 8,377
  I'm sorry to hear about that too nevin. Would you consider the universals? I didn't order the customs mostly because to avoid what happened to you. Aesthetically, going custom with CF version should be most pleasing but as you know CF have no effect whatsoever to the sound signature. But on the other hand if your ears do fit the universals I would highly recommend it. I have pretty normal ears (actually small ears because I'm Asian) and I think they look alright on me. Yes, the service sucked big time and it's expected that they can't possibly handle such a large amount of order with so little people. It's also terrible to hear there's a degrade in workmanship. If that's really the case, it would be wise to go the universal route (as long as your ears fit). I'm still on my honeymoon period (close to 100 hours) with my UF Roxanne and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I might remold them into CM in the future when things are back to normal.

Hi there!

The reason why I'm going for the custom route is it gives me a less hassle application; and a better seal. My ears are small too (I'm a Hongkongian). One ear's hole being slightly smaller, and shorter to reach the 1st corner in the canal than the other. I used to use two tips in different size to have a good fit. I'm currently using a custom moulded tips (self made using food-grade silicon, ugly but works) so that is a lesser issue now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back