New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jun 3, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #5,917 of 8,377
its not even one day old and the music keeps cutting off on the left side... memory cable problem i suspect..the day just keeps getting better, i hope i don't have to send the whole unit back to replace new cable..and i thought the new cables were all replaced with aluminum nut now or was i handled an old cable by mistake??

Jun 3, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #5,918 of 8,377
its not even one day old and the music keeps cutting off on the left side... memory cable problem i suspect..the day just keeps getting better, i hope i don't have to send the whole unit back to replace new cable..and i thought the new cables were all replaced with aluminum nut now or was i handled an old cable by mistake??

What do you mean by memory cable problem?. It should not affect signal transmission no matter how much you twist, turn or knot the cable as long as the connectors are properly seated on each monitor's socket and the plug is properly aligned/fitted in the source's jack.

Losing sound on one monitor is most probably a symptom of a plug is not fully inserted (inserted halfway) into the jack or the connectors not properly seated on the socket. Worst case scenario, your monitor has a problem. If you have a DMM it's easy to check the cables for any breaks.

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #5,919 of 8,377

My brother had the same problem & it turned out his thread wasn't long enough to keep the cable in place & the connection secure. Check to see if you have any play with the cable above the thread. With the connection screwed in correctly there will be no play. With a thread that is too short there will be movement. If this is the case you need a whole new earpiece....

Hoe you can understand what I mean. I'll post a video if you don't...

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #5,922 of 8,377
Believe me dude, when i said its a memory cable problem, i have enough CIEM's to know if its a jack/connector/cable problem.

I've already tried removing and repushing and twisting the connector several times and yet the sound cuts off with a slight movement and i have to nudge the memory cable and then it comes and after a minute it cuts off again, i certainly hope JH is not expecting me to walk on the street with one hand on my memory cable??!!

I've already tested the cable on another universal roxanne of my friend and it gave the same result, he had to nudge the memory cable, when i used my friends roxanne cable to try on mine, it worked without any problem, so it has to be my cable. by the way, are the old cables nut fixed already as it seems that mine is not aluminum nut on my black cable but the same old plastic nut on the black cable.

I'll be extremely pissed if they send me a defect old cable without checking probably!!

Already send an email yesterday asking them to send me a replacement cable immediately, i didn't wait 7months just to find out my roxanne is still incomplete!!

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #5,923 of 8,377
Spoke to Angie yesterday after 8 missed calls. Supposedly mine are being shipped this week or next, along with about 30 others.

We shall see!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back