New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 13, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #5,596 of 8,377
Just received email that my bf order has started cf process. Anyway there won't be any model higher than Roxanne for the next few years.

Famous last words!

May 14, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #5,599 of 8,377
Not really. Given how this roll out happened, it's gonna be a while...

So so true.  
rolleyes.gif

May 14, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #5,601 of 8,377
Jerry Harvey has said that he believes that customer tuneable designs are the way forward. I happen to disagree. (I'm sure he will be concerned to hear!) I do not see him sitting on his hands for two years though.

May 14, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #5,602 of 8,377
Jerry Harvey has said that he believes that customer tuneable designs are the way forward. I happen to disagree. (I'm sure he will be concerned to hear!) I do not see him sitting on his hands for two years though.

I'm with you - I prefer to let my other gear do the tuning - I would have to believe that most of the tuning done via IEM/headphone is subtractive - that is to say, adding or subtracting resistance to achieve the desired difference in output - a cruder way of adjustment.

I could also be very wrong
wink_face.gif

May 14, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #5,603 of 8,377
In 3 months, already 2 clear cables gone bad. Don't worry, not nuts. The mini plugs. My god, they are cheaply made. And cables are not under the JHA warranty. Instead of buying another one from them, which is probably, will break in a month, I will send them to Moon Audio to replug it for better ones. And its 2 times cheaper, then to buy them brand new. Common JHA, use better material for your cables.

May 14, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #5,605 of 8,377
I am bit confused. Please help. 

Thinking about getting the ultimate IEM (universal) only. Had almost made my mind for Roxanne, but also weighing SE846 with balanced cable and now I heard about Tralucent Ref1s. My music taste is pop, classical, jazz.... Everyday music source is my AK240 DAP. Unfortunately I cannot try any of these IEMs in New Zealand. So I have to make the decisions based on the member fede

I couldnt find any comparison between balanced SE846, Tralucent Ref1 (I know it is not out yet) and Roxannes.

When giving your views please consider I am willing to use AK240's balanced out,

May 14, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #5,606 of 8,377

Funny you mention that.  Currawong reported the following from the Tokyo 2014 Fujiya Avic HP Festival:

(Quote) 
Unique Melody

Stephen Guo had a very interesting custom IEM system on display. Hooked up to a computer via USB, the unit these IEMs is attached to can change everything from the frequency response to the timing delay via special software which you load onto your PC. The idea will be that you can borrow the set-up and, over a few months, tune the IEMs to your liking. Once you're happy with the resulting sound, it outputs a file with all the settings and they can build a pair of IEMs, either their own or a re-shell of other high-end units with all the parameters you have chosen.
(end quote)

May 14, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #5,608 of 8,377
Personally I prefer an IEM designer to nail his colours to the mast. Select components to create a sound sig that he believes in. I would be tweaking that box ad infinitum.

May 14, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #5,609 of 8,377
  In 3 months, already 2 clear cables gone bad. Don't worry, not nuts. The mini plugs. My god, they are cheaply made. And cables are not under the JHA warranty. Instead of buying another one from them, which is probably, will break in a month, I will send them to Moon Audio to replug it for better ones. And its 2 times cheaper, then to buy them brand new. Common JHA, use better material for your cables.

They must have sourced cables from different suppliers. My clear cable has been through rugged, abused usage by constantly plugging, unplugging and several times gets pulled suddenly when the cable gets caught onto something. But I was concerned more on the socket in DX90 rather than the plug on the cable which still has no sign of breaking down soon. Excep the part on the neck area has turned green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back