New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 10, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #5,521 of 8,377
...if they are so overwhelmed, and busy, they would be able to afford, and hire additional people...

II imagine that if there were a huge pool of unemployed CIEM craftsmen, JH would have offered them jobs - but I don't think they are going to be able to fill the skill positions with trainees - that would open a whole new can of worms. The marketing arm of JH is partially responsible for this - for not foreseeing the Roxanne's potential sales. They did their job too well. They thought they would sell Roxannes in the hundreds, but got orders in the thousands. This too will pass.

May 10, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #5,522 of 8,377
  II imagine that if there were a huge pool of unemployed CIEM craftsmen, JH would have offered them jobs - but I don't think they are going to be able to fill the skill positions with trainees - that would open a whole new can of worms. The marketing arm of JH is partially responsible for this - for not foreseeing the Roxanne's potential sales. They did their job too well. They thought they would sell Roxannes in the hundreds, but got orders in the thousands. This too will pass.

You know, I can see this making business sense for them by doing pre-orders on purpose, and delaying the orders.  If they do this, and bulk of people are delayed from receiving their item, that means there will not be so many review out there, which means if there are bad reviews, it will be not as much publicized.  

So, get as much orders as possible, and delay so that more and more orders will fill up, without much reviews on the internet during that time.
As the reviews are coming in the now, people showing impressions of it sounding warmer and less treble, and dark signature.  We'll see how it does overall, but initial impressions doesn't seem favorable IMO.

May 10, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #5,523 of 8,377
  You know, I can see this making business sense for them by doing pre-orders on purpose, and delaying the orders.  If they do this, and bulk of people are delayed from receiving their item, that means there will not be so many review out there, which means if there are bad reviews, it will be not as much publicized.  

So, get as much orders as possible, and delay so that more and more orders will fill up, without much reviews on the internet during that time.
As the reviews are coming in the now, people showing impressions of it sounding warmer and less treble, and dark signature.  We'll see how it does overall, but initial impressions doesn't seem favorable IMO.

Only problem with this approach is that people tend to post and respond on bad experiences than if they were satisfied.  Even if only 10% of people are unhappy they will be the majority of those that post.  Seen too many instanves of products where the online responses have appeared overwhelmingly bad even though only a small minority had issues.  Just human nature to remain silent when satisfied and to light torches and ready the pitchforks when angry ;p

May 10, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #5,524 of 8,377
Just a thought. I know this may be redundant but has anyone tried sending the link to this thread to JHA? From what he says in the Google Talks video, Jerry is certainly aware of Head-Fi's existence.

Don't get me wrong, I know it wouldn't change their ability to get the CIEMs out any quicker, and clearly people have been in touch via email, phone calls etc. but from the social media posts coming from within JHA, perhaps they don't realise the scale of the dark clouds over their customer base.

(Notice, I'm trying real hard to give them the benefit of the doubt)

confused.gif

May 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #5,525 of 8,377
Just a thought. I know this may be redundant but has anyone tried sending the link to this thread to JHA? From what he says in the Google Talks video, Jerry is certainly aware of Head-Fi's existence.

Don't get me wrong, I know it wouldn't change their ability to get the CIEMs out any quicker, and clearly people have been in touch via email, phone calls etc. but from the social media posts coming from within JHA, perhaps they don't realise the scale of the dark clouds over their customer base.

(Notice, I'm trying real hard to give them the benefit of the doubt)

:confused:

Head FI, is there base. Of course they read all these threads. Like most other audio companies, this is Mt Everest, companies can be made or broken, in these forums. This is a pretty small community, and they all gather here.

May 10, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #5,527 of 8,377
Do you really think, they don't read these forums? There a sponsor here. I would have a very hard time thinking they don't , look at what's going on, both the good and bad. And there's plenty good. They make a fantastic product. They should be making there case here.

May 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #5,528 of 8,377

Since you are reserving judgment, are you not thrilled?

I know I said that I would reserve judgment until I paired these with an amp, which I have not done yet, but having spent a bit more time with them on music that I know intimately and having done quite a bit of A/B with my Sennheiser HD 650 (paired with Musical Fidelity X-Can v3), I think that even with an amp I am not going to be thrilled anyway. The Roxanne's in my opinion are very veiled and dark.

For instance on Pink Floyd - Happiest Days of our lives there are very prominent cymbals, clearly audible on the HD 650 and even on my main audio system (ProAc, Krell, Naim). On the Roxannes those cymbals are dull. There is a complete lack of detail in the Roxannes.

So for now I am disappointed. I am hoping that they will open up after they have burned in but I while they may improve, I am sceptical that they will ever provide the detail that I like. So I guess I need to start searching for alternatives.

May 10, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #5,529 of 8,377
They won't post directly on here as it's not their corporate comms tool and short of giving away the actual numbers I doubt it would satisfy most people here.  Companies do not want to divulge their orders, production capacities etc.  JH needs to restructure their business model as it's long grown past small size and they need to take PR and media relatioms more seriously.  Loyalty only goes so far when they get left hanging for so long.
Of course this could only be the tip of the iceberg, there could be many more unhappy folks that don't read these forums or bother posting.  Just my thoughts from what I've gathered here and other social channels.

May 10, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #5,530 of 8,377
I know I said that I would reserve judgment until I paired these with an amp, which I have not done yet, but having spent a bit more time with them on music that I know intimately and having done quite a bit of A/B with my Sennheiser HD 650 (paired with Musical Fidelity X-Can v3), I think that even with an amp I am not going to be thrilled anyway. The Roxanne's in my opinion are very veiled and dark.

For instance on Pink Floyd - Happiest Days of our lives there are very prominent cymbals, clearly audible on the HD 650 and even on my main audio system (ProAc, Krell, Naim). On the Roxannes those cymbals are dull. There is a complete lack of detail in the Roxannes.

So for now I am disappointed. I am hoping that they will open up after they have burned in but I while they may improve, I am sceptical that they will ever provide the detail that I like. So I guess I need to start searching for alternatives.

With an impedance of 47.... Maybe it's not the best amp to a/b with.

May 10, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #5,531 of 8,377
Let me clarify, I did not use any amp with the Roxannes yet. I know that is not a strict A/B comparison method, but I know the music well and I know it well from many sources. The Roxannes just don't present the detail and I doubt any amp will make a significant difference.

May 10, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #5,532 of 8,377
Let me clarify, I did not use any amp with the Roxannes yet. I know that is not a strict A/B comparison method, but I know the music well and I know it well from many sources. The Roxannes just don't present the detail and I doubt any amp will make a significant difference.

What dap are you using then?

I think you're mistaken if you don't believe a DAC/amp play a role in the level of detail.

May 10, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #5,533 of 8,377
Do you really think, they don't read these forums? There a sponsor here. I would have a very hard time thinking they don't , look at what's going on, both the good and bad. And there's plenty good. They make a fantastic product. They should be making there case here.

I'm not sure whether they do or do not read the concerns listed here. I'm with you on the quality of their products, 100%. That's why I went ahead and ordered my Roxanne set, despite the negative reviews on delivery schedules. If you moaned at Rodan because he was taking a long time to finish a sculpture, you'd be off your head!

That said, if they were reading these, then surely they would make their case here rather than the current 'silent running' mode.

May 10, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #5,534 of 8,377
I'm not sure whether they do or do not read the concerns listed here. I'm with you on the quality of their products, 100%. That's why I went ahead and ordered my Roxanne set, despite the negative reviews on delivery schedules. If you moaned at Rodan because he was taking a long time to finish a sculpture, you'd be off your head!

That said, if they were reading these, then surely they would make their case here rather than the current 'silent running' mode.

They do make a great product, I hope you enjoy it, when it comes. I choose another route.

May 10, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #5,535 of 8,377
What dap are you using then?

I think you're mistaken if you don't believe a DAC/amp play a role in the level of detail.

No I completely agree that they do play a significant role and I posted that opinion earlier in a different post in this thread. I also stated that without an amp I could not even listen to my UE 10 Pros. But I did also compare the HD 650s and Roxannes straight from 3 sources and through a desktop mini-system so that was a more strict A/B and the Roxannes consistently sounded very veiled.

So I agree different DAP/DAC/Amp pairings will change the sound and with just the right combination I might be able to get a sound that is more to my preference but I am skeptical that it will completely transform the Roxannes into "detailed" to my preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back