New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 1, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #5,327 of 8,377
I wrote above that my universals sounded better with tips that have short tubes. And you can easily adjust the tube length on a universal anyway. I do see, however, that you are desperately grasping for ways to justify the custom.

P.S. To all you customs owners who made a terrible decision to invest in a product with possibly worse sound quality, possibly worse isolation, and definitely a higher price and lower resale value - my universals just came, two days after I paid for them, and they sound awesome.

I'll be enjoying them as you sacrifice your time and lives with the custom cult. Enjoy!!!

You said you came to this forum to learn. Instead I see you've come with preconceived notions and are either looking for validation or looking for a fight. I'm not grasping to do anything. I greatly prefer universals to customs myself but there are many different aspects to driver design and implementation that may or may not cater better to either platform. Everything has it's own set of compromises. But since you'd rather just grossly over generalize and stir the pot and paint with a sledge hammer, please continue, I'll no longer you provide insights from my experience and learnings from speaking with manufacturers, DIY iem guys and other extremely helpful and knowledgeable head-fiers. The last word is all yours.

May 1, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #5,328 of 8,377
I do think that the custom tip talk should be moved to a separate thread. These are truly outstanding headphones that deserve to have their sound and technology discussed in their main head-fi thread.

May 1, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #5,331 of 8,377
I wrote above that my universals sounded better with tips that have short tubes. And you can easily adjust the tube length on a universal anyway. I do see, however, that you are desperately grasping for ways to justify the custom.

P.S. To all you customs owners who made a terrible decision to invest in a product with possibly worse sound quality, possibly worse isolation, and definitely a higher price and lower resale value - my universals just came, two days after I paid for them, and they sound awesome.

I'll be enjoying them as you sacrifice your time and lives with the custom cult. Enjoy!!!

It is obvious you are desperate to argue about something you have NO IDEA about. You have never owned a CIEM so please limit your comments to how wonderful your universal Roxanne sounds. I too have never owned a CIEMs (medical issue) but I am not foolish enough to argue from a point of complete ignorance.

P.S. If you cannot tell, I have no interest in the universal but I wish I could own the custom Roxanne.

May 1, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #5,333 of 8,377
Well all righty then...

The new cable is working great, I am glad to have a black cable again. like the looks of it better than the clear.  I will also be ordering a longer one when they become available, Corbyn said they would in a bit, after they catch up, that is.

May 1, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #5,334 of 8,377
Well all righty then...

The new cable is working great, I am glad to have a black cable again. like the looks of it better than the clear.  I will also be ordering a longer one when they become available, Corbyn said they would in a bit, after they catch up, that is.

yeah I'm waiting until they offerer the cable separately and getting the black cable. I got my Roxanne with clear cable, I know they evetually turn green but never expected that it will oxidize fast and turn green this soon. It's been 6 months and they still can't catch up it seems.

May 1, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #5,335 of 8,377
  So i picked up the Roxannes today, they look great and feel really sturdy. the box is really nice too. I am wondering about the fit though, i haven't owned a CIEM before, so i am not sure what exactly to expect. For example coming from comply foam tip westones, i was surprised at how little ambient noise reduction i was getting from the outside world (without music playing). after putting them in i had no trouble hearing a quiet conversation taking place across the room. after putting the music on i also noticed that the bass seemed a little washed out and the music was lacking detail, if i made earmuff cups with my hand and held them over my ears gently the sound improved dramatically.
do i have a bad seal, or am i just not inserting them right? maybe i have just been spoiled by foam tips and my expectations were unrealistic for these. does anyone have any advice or recommendations?
I'll post some pictures of them when i get a chance, I really haven't been able to spend much time with them yet, i had to go to class straight after picking them up, which could be part of the problem too i suppose.
thanks for reading. 

No you're just another victim of the CMC (customs misinformation cult). What's sad is that I bet a lot of them are secretly happy that they caused you to make a bad life decision; not sure why cult members across the world think that way, but they do.

With the universals, isolation is what you would expect from a perfectly sealed IEM that tightly grips every corner of your ear canal via a comply tip. I'll have to see if they're as good as the SE846 (where you can barely hear people talk 2 feet away from you) but there's no way you'll hear a conversation from across the room. I'm also going to order the professional comply tips (these come with a basic comply) and the veritas tips recommendd earlier.

The universals also come with the excellent black wire with the new connector that everyone in this thread is drooling about (and it's a really nice looking and well made wire, I have to admit). Fit is also good as they sit on my ear shelf and actually might be a tiny bit more comfortable than the Shure SE846, which were perfectly comfortable. Not sure if that's just random luck based on the shape of my ears, or proper design by JH.

The only downside is that they have that warm Audeze sound signature. It's not that they can't produce treble (I checked by listening to the frequencies on this website to ensure that the Roxannes are producing treble at an adequate volume http://plasticity.szynalski.com/tone-generator.htm ) but like the Audeze everything is just slightly warmer. I like brighter headphones myself, but that's completely subjective and I can't blame JH for that decision since the Audeze sound is very popular these days.

May 1, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #5,336 of 8,377
No you're just another victim of the CMC (customs misinformation cult). What's sad is that I bet a lot of them are secretly happy that they caused you to make a bad life decision; not sure why cult members across the world think that way, but they do.

With the universals, isolation is what you would expect from a perfectly sealed IEM that tightly grips every corner of your ear canal via a comply tip. I'll have to see if they're as good as the SE846 (where you can barely hear people talk 2 feet away from you) but there's no way you'll hear a conversation from across the room. I'm also going to order the professional comply tips (these come with a basic comply) and the veritas tips recommendd earlier.

The universals also come with the excellent black wire with the new connector that everyone in this thread is drooling about (and it's a really nice looking and well made wire, I have to admit). Fit is also good as they sit on my ear shelf and actually might be a tiny bit more comfortable than the Shure SE846, which were perfectly comfortable. Not sure if that's just random luck based on the shape of my ears, or proper design by JH.

The only downside is that they have that warm Audeze sound signature. It's not that they can't produce treble (I checked by listening to the frequencies on this website to ensure that the Roxannes are producing treble at an adequate volume http://plasticity.szynalski.com/tone-generator.htm ) but like the Audeze everything is just slightly warmer. I like brighter headphones myself, but that's completely subjective and I can't blame JH for that decision since the Audeze sound is very popular these days.

Are you OK?
What about people like me with narrow ear canals?
I cannot wear universal iem, Roxannes are way to big for my canals, shure 846 too.

Cult? You seem to be the one sipping the kool-aid.
Maybe you should stop polluting this thread with your opinions?

May 1, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #5,337 of 8,377
Are you OK?
What about people like me with narrow ear canals?
I cannot wear universal iem, Roxannes are way to big for my canals, shure 846 too.

Cult? You seem to be the one sipping the kool-aid.
Maybe you should stop polluting this thread with your opinions?

The textbook cult characteristics of the CMC are quite hilarious. I just accused you of being a cult and you immediately responded by demanding censorship of all opposing viewpoints. Lol

May 1, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #5,338 of 8,377
P.s. I'm using the universals next to a busy street with cars driving by at 40 mph and while they isolate sufficiently in this loud environment (unlike the ie800) -- it's not quite as good the shures with professional comply tips. But those tips are made of a dense material so I'll have to wait to get them in the roxanne size before being able to do an apples to apples comparison.

May 1, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #5,339 of 8,377
I made a point, not all ciem buyers can be pigeon holed as you are doing.
Yet, you continue to troll.

Also, I am not a 'cult' that doesn't even make sense.
Cult member? Maybe...

Didn't demand censorship, just asserting that your opinion is baseless.

Done.

May 1, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #5,340 of 8,377
Well, one CLEAR AND UNDISPUTED ADVANTAGE that the customs have over universals is this:  Sound leakage.  At least I can listen to all my favorite and cheesiest/sissiest tracks at full blast while sitting next to hot chicks WITHOUT ME BEING RIDICULED/THEM THINKING THAT IM CREEPY.

I rest my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back