New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 6, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #4,936 of 8,377
its all about the length of tubes from ba's to exit of shell. the only thing i see on freg phase is one tube is longer than the rest as i think its the highs ba that has longer tube.
inearz did an excellent job reshelling mine and i took pictures of tubes before i sent and they came back same lengths

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #4,937 of 8,377
Of course tube lengths can vary but then the BAs (or group of BAs) can be moved within the new shell to compensate.

Sure.  But the universal is going to have a relatively shallow insertion, I would think (esp. what FP is supposed to achieve) that the universal would be tuned differently from the custom to take this into account.  

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #4,938 of 8,377
Sure.  But the universal is going to have a relatively shallow insertion, I would think (esp. what FP is supposed to achieve) that the universal would be tuned differently from the custom to take this into account.  

I would not think the tuning would be changed with the universal as freq phase has to do with timing not the sound itself.

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #4,939 of 8,377
I'm not understanding. Is someone gong to actually buy a universal Roxanne and have it reshelled? Or does someone already have a universal Roxanne and want to reshell it? Why not just sell the universal (easily getting what you paid) and buy a custom Roxanne?

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #4,940 of 8,377
I would not think the tuning would be changed with the universal as freq phase has to do with timing not the sound itself.

By tuning I meant freq-phase itself - what is maximally phase coherent at one insertion depth may be different at another due to the proximity to the eardrum and volume of the ear canal.

This may be minimal and JH makes no distinction between the universal and custom, but due to their stated precision I wouldn't be surprised if they had two different tunings (ie. length of tubing on each is different).

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #4,941 of 8,377
By tuning I meant freq-phase itself - what is maximally phase coherent at one insertion depth may be different at another due to the proximity to the eardrum and volume of the ear canal.

This may be minimal and JH makes no distinction between the universal and custom, but due to their stated precision I wouldn't be surprised if they had two different tunings (ie. length of tubing on each is different).

Maybe so but even with customs the distance and in ear architecture is not taken into consideration beyond the shape of the ear canal up to the second bend.

Edit: also if we follow your logic, freq phase would be impossible on a universal because JH has no idea how deep the individual user will insert his Roxanne.

Apr 6, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #4,942 of 8,377
Maybe so but even with customs the distance and in ear architecture is not taken into consideration beyond the shape of the ear canal up to the second bend.

Edit: also if we follow your logic, freq phase would be impossible on a universal because JH has no idea how deep the individual user will insert his Roxanne.

Not impossible, just not as good/less precise.  Not that this confirms anything, but I spent time w/ comparing the demos vs. my customs at the LA show and the demos were warmer/less detailed to my ears.

In any, just throwing this out there as a way that re-shelling a uni -> CIEM might not be quite the same as CIEM -> CIEM.  

Apr 6, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #4,943 of 8,377
Not impossible, just not as good/less precise.  Not that this confirms anything, but I spent time w/ comparing the demos vs. my customs at the LA show and the demos were warmer/less detailed to my ears.

In any, just throwing this out there as a way that re-shelling a uni -> CIEM might not be quite the same as CIEM -> CIEM.  

I would agree UIEM->CIEM something maybe lost.

Apr 7, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #4,948 of 8,377
And so starts another week.

I just called and talked to Corbyn. She said my Rox should be shipping at the end of the week or early next week. I'm early Nov, full CF, order number 11601.

The last time I called in and talked to Angie, she said mine were already in production and it was too late to get out of CF....that was one calendar month ago. For those trying to figure out timing, it looks like approximately 35 days production time (not business days, calendar days).

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #4,949 of 8,377
guess i'll be getting mine around june/july ==ll
i ordered during mook...
damn what am i suppose to listen for 2months?!?
2hrs noisy trip everyday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back