New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 3, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #4,876 of 8,377
Has anyone compared a universal Roxanne to the custom?

Yep.

Quote:
  FWIW, I compared the demos to my custom Roxannes, and for me the demos definitely lacked top-end and had a stronger bass at similar settings.  I only spent about 15 minutes though, went back and forth with a few songs, tried out 9am, 11am, and 2pm on both.  It would be nice if anyone who tried that could weigh in as well, I don't recall impressions from people on how they perform as customs vs. universals. 

I do feel that the differences could probably be mostly diminished w/ proper tips though.  

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #4,878 of 8,377
Getting something custom-made is one of the great pleasures in life. Be it a bespoke suit, made-to-measure shoes or a piece of furniture, the pleasure lies as much in the co-design and the wait than in the final product.

So why should it be different for CIEMs? Why is it that so few of us can stand the wait? Why is it that we get irritated by delays?

Are we just over-demanding, bitchy customers, or is it that manufacturers don't offer much of a personalized experience and under-deliver the product?

I'd go with the latter.

Yes! I don't see why we should settle for less than the service that usually comes with $1,599 shoes.

Since JH Audio is selling the idea that we can all be rockstars, I’d expect a rockstar treatment. I’d like to think that my order gets the same attention and care than Justin Timberlake’s. (I hope he did not have to wait 5 months for his CIEMS.)

I believe Jerry is a good guy, passionate by music and well intentioned. But his efforts are ruined by poor customer management. No ones like to be reduced to a confirmation number and be forgotten for months. JH Audio could use a few tips from luxury houses on how to deal with mistakes.

A few suggestions for a $1599, rockstar customer service:
- have one JH-trained audiologist and one JH rep locally in charge of "customer experience"
- an e-mail at every step of the process
- in case of delays, a call from the staff
- utmost care to presentation and quality of final product

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #4,879 of 8,377
Yes! I don't see why we should settle for less than the service that usually comes with $1,599 shoes.

Since JH Audio is selling the idea that we can all be rockstars, I’d expect a rockstar treatment. I’d like to think that my order gets the same attention and care than Justin Timberlake’s. (I hope he did not have to wait 5 months for his CIEMS.)

I believe Jerry is a good guy, passionate by music and well intentioned. But his efforts are ruined by poor customer management. No ones like to be reduced to a confirmation number and be forgotten for months. JH Audio could use a few tips from luxury houses on how to deal with mistakes.

A few suggestions for a $1599, rockstar customer service:

- have one JH-trained audiologist and one JH rep locally in charge of "customer experience"

- an e-mail at every step of the process

- in case of delays, a call from the staff

- utmost care to presentation and quality of final product

Exactly, I get updates about my order from Amazon for sub £10 items & get a confirmation email when delivered. If it has not been delivered usually within a one week timeframe, I can get a replacement re-sent or refunded entirely.

Apr 4, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #4,880 of 8,377
FWIW JHAudio does in fact read these threads maybe not all of the posts, but I have been told by one of them in an email that it is upsetting to them to read the harsh comments. But I do not blame them for not wanting to post responses here.

They can read all they like. How about doing something about it? 

If they are reading: You missed out on business because of the poor reports on your CS, the good doctor received my money, for there's is very good. What initially gave me faith in Noble, is that communication was very quick, that's it. Simple.

Read>Understand>Plan for improvement>Actualise 

Apr 4, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #4,881 of 8,377
I wonder what Jerry has in mind for the other models in the 'siren series'.
hope there isn't another flagship in the works.

Roxanne is the flagship in the Siren series if i remember correctly been mentioned somewhere early in the thread.... if he were to release any new flagship anytime in the near future, it would be for a completely different 'line'..

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #4,882 of 8,377
I must say that communication with Angie has been great so far.
Responds to my emails during off hours, greatly appreciated!

Also. I hope all of the complainers in this thread have some 'skin in the game'

Wouldn't surprise me is some were jumping on the hate bandwagon....

Apr 4, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #4,883 of 8,377
My order for the jh16fp is in as I chose that over the rox after a careful 3-day odyssey of listening to the demos.

I think it's okay to expect decent service. I have received very, very good service from Sensaphonics, Nobe Audio, Future Sonics, etc. For JH, I went with Julie Glick here in NYC. She's a great audiologist and if there are problems with JH, she'll take care of me. Without her, I'm not sure I'd work with JH, given the complaints. That's just my opinion, no offense to anyone!

Apr 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #4,884 of 8,377
Horses for courses. You like your bass, Kunlun.
ksc75smile.gif
 Too much for me.

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #4,885 of 8,377
I must say that communication with Angie has been great so far.
Responds to my emails during off hours, greatly appreciated!

Also. I hope all of the complainers in this thread have some 'skin in the game'

Wouldn't surprise me is some were jumping on the hate bandwagon....

How long does it take you to receive a response?
I sent an email sunday because of the poor carbon fiber faceplate and a friend sent one about the delays on his customs since they told him on March 10th they would ship soon >.>
Neither of us got a response yet

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #4,887 of 8,377
How long does it take you to receive a response?
I sent an email sunday because of the poor carbon fiber faceplate and a friend sent one about the delays on his customs since they told him on March 10th they would ship soon >.>
Neither of us got a response yet

Sent her an email at 5:30 pm yesterday, she responded at 6:30pm. Sent a response to the 6:30 email and heard back from her at 4:30am.

Sorry for your lack of response, maybe try calling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back