New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #4,726 of 8,377
Exactly or at least a type than can be used ina new constructed wire. I own my UM PP6 more than a year and the cross connect cable is just a libel now . And I cannot even buy it outright. I hVe to email these people just to see how I can buy it. So as I understand the delay in shipping of the Roxanne,s. . They are nothing in frustration compared to some other companies . UM never even emailed me it was ready to ship. Now that is something to be upset about. And that setup. Cost me about 2300.

Al

Mar 30, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #4,727 of 8,377
I'm confused, are you saying that is what JHA did? They are charging vendors 5k license to make them?

You are literally talking Apples vs Oranges (hopefully that made you laugh).
They are not standard, they are custom connectors. Ordering 1000 connectors for DIY'ers just doesn't seem like the right move to me.
Exactly, I would expect nothing less.

Apples and Oranges?  Not sure I follow - you're getting hung-up on the actual physical part, this isn't about the actual connectors.  The model is charging to license their IP and *if this is what they're doing* they're using the part of the IP that is hard to replicate in their cables, which is the connectors.   When I bring up Apple, I'm just simply talking about licensing IP in a fairly restricted but profitible niche market of audiophile products.  JH can do this for a flat rate, they can do it per cable.  I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes though.

As far as the custom connectors - my point exactly... the cost goes _way_ down per unit as the size of the order lots increase.  They're not ordering 1000 for DIY'ers, they're just ordering large batches period.  If it costs $20/per for a lot of 100, but it's $10/per for a lot of 500, then it's advantageous to go with the larger run.  

But the main point is - they could certainly do better than break even selling to DIY'ers for the ones they sell, but that's a small lot and not much money to be had.  OTOH, if they can sell only to licensed higher-end vendors (who *know* because of this that to get a Roxanne custom cable the bottom is probably around $200), then they can command more.  

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #4,733 of 8,377
Stop being vain enjoy the music they will bring
Al

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #4,736 of 8,377
 My customs aren't flush, probably similar to Jerry above - but I have to say the demos I tried were probably too large for me to use on a daily basis.  I was able to get a seal, but the amount they stuck out + the weight left me with the impression that I would have to be fiddling with them on a regular basis.  They dwarfed the 13/16/K10 demos so much it was a bit ridiculous, at least twice the size.  That said, not sure if demo == universals.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #4,739 of 8,377
I hope my customs don't stick out as far as Jerry'
His stick out kinda far.

This could be a deal breaker for me as I like to listen to music in bed and fall asleep with them.
Can owners confirm how much the custom Roxanne are sticking out?

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #4,740 of 8,377
This could be a deal breaker for me as I like to listen to music in bed and fall asleep with them.
Can owners confirm how much the custom Roxanne are sticking out?

They do stick out a bit but it should be a problem wearing them on bed. I fell asleep a couple of times with this on and never had any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back