New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 29, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #4,696 of 8,377
Try foamies the brand. They have them with a plastic tip inside the foam and they are pretty long. So do not push them on all the way at first . Then squeeze them while rolling them to compress them. Incert. I would not try gels as they make things warmer and they fall out of your ears after a while .
Al

I can't seem to find the brand online... Do you have a link?

Mar 29, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #4,697 of 8,377
JH replied... They aren't going to provide the 4 pin plug to the general public. Approved aftermarket cable makers only.
That's not good....

Même pas peur !

Indeed, in my AK240 i intend to replace the Balanced "toy" 2,5mm plug by a Mini-XLR plug. This Will be much more robust and Pro.

Mar 29, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #4,698 of 8,377
Are you people saying jh- audio will not say we as owners cannot buy connecors . Not representing a company. Now that does make sense. If and when it goes south who will be left to REPAIRE them ?

Al

Mar 29, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #4,699 of 8,377
Are you people saying jh- audio will not say we as owners cannot buy connecors . Not representing a company. Now that does make sense. If and when it goes south who will be left to REPAIRE them ?

Al

They told me 'no' to buying connectors.
I emailed them yesterday, told them that I like making my own cables and asked how I can get my hands on some of those connectors.
Their response was, 'unfortunately you cant'

Mar 29, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #4,700 of 8,377
Sorry to hear that , but I do understand the point in a way. But we should be able to do what we want to. But here is a question has anyone ever asked any other company for a proprietary part for there IEM,s . Like my UM pp6 .

I think all or most would say NO. just some thoughts

Al

Mar 29, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #4,702 of 8,377
Sorry to hear that , but I do understand the point in a way. But we should be able to do what we want to. But here is a question has anyone ever asked any other company for a proprietary part for there IEM,s . Like my UM pp6 .

I think all or most would say NO. just some thoughts

Al

I hear you.
The only difference is that the pp6 doesn't seem to have any aftermarket options at all. While there's quite a few aftermarket options for the Roxanne coming out soon.
Toxic
Dhc
Moon
Plus sound

If they're available to those companies, I don't see why the general public can't buy them. We are the ones who are buying their expinsive products.

Mar 29, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #4,703 of 8,377
How are you going to accomplish that?

A bigger hole in the case + some micro-soldering...

a Micro-XLR is not THAT big : 

I already added an full size XLR in my TU-05 portable tube amp, that was also quite crowded... 
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #4,705 of 8,377
It seems that Roxanne is having a long turn around time for the customs. I see many people mentioned about it. Just wanna ask if this is just about the full carbon custom or normal custom of Roxanne also takes that long?

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #4,706 of 8,377
It seems that Roxanne is having a long turn around time for the customs. I see many people mentioned about it. Just wanna ask if this is just about the full carbon custom or normal custom of Roxanne also takes that long?

Carbon. The acrylic seems like a ~2 week turn around for existing orders. Not sure about new ones but I suspect it would be reduced substantially.

I'm still unsure on WHY the carbon stuff is taking so long though...they hired new folks, they have new ovens, what's the hold up? Raw material?

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #4,707 of 8,377
I hear you.
The only difference is that the pp6 doesn't seem to have any aftermarket options at all. While there's quite a few aftermarket options for the Roxanne coming out soon.
Toxic
Dhc
Moon
Plus sound

If they're available to those companies, I don't see why the general public can't buy them. We are the ones who are buying their expinsive products.

I imagine it's because they have a license fee in place + minimum batch order.  Keeps the barrier to entry high, keeps out smaller upstart/DIY-cable makers so from a competitive advantage they can charge or sell more.  Like Apple w/ iOS compliant devices, JH Audio has a dominant position in this market and can choose to do something like this and have it work out to their advantage.  

As far as replacement issues, I'd guess their stance is that covered by the respective cable maker's warranty.  

Mar 29, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #4,708 of 8,377
I imagine it's because they have a license fee in place + minimum batch order.  Keeps the barrier to entry high, keeps out smaller upstart/DIY-cable makers so from a competitive advantage they can charge or sell more.  Like Apple w/ iOS compliant devices, JH Audio has a dominant position in this market and can choose to do something like this and have it work out to their advantage.  

As far as replacement issues, I'd guess their stance is that covered by the respective cable maker's warranty.  

I think you're correct, too bad they're conducting business this way.

Guess I'm stuck ordering one...
I'll probably just mod the one I order.

Mar 29, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #4,709 of 8,377
Carbon. The acrylic seems like a ~2 week turn around for existing orders. Not sure about new ones but I suspect it would be reduced substantially.

I'm still unsure on WHY the carbon stuff is taking so long though...they hired new folks, they have new ovens, what's the hold up? Raw material?

I see~guess its a hard thing to stuff 12 drivers into the carbon shell? I've encountered cases where my friends ears is too small to do a roxanne custom.

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #4,710 of 8,377

If you want the quickest possible turnaround, get the acrylic then ditch the CF case that comes with every Roxanne orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back