New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 26, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #4,637 of 8,377
Has there been any published measurements for these. Specifically Universal Fit version. ?

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #4,639 of 8,377
  ALO has nicer pictures, but both models seem to be carbon fiber: 

http://www.aloaudio.com/earphones/roxanne-by-jh-audio

http://www.moon-audio.com/jh-audio-sirens-series-roxanne-universal-iem.html#

I like ALO, always had great service/experience from them in the past -- so I would hope there's a reason for the $300 price difference. 

I had this conversation with ALO yesterday and they said that $1599 is the new price from JH Audio and the difference is that ALO actually had some in stock and the others did not and will have the same price when they do.

Mar 27, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #4,641 of 8,377
Not saying you should listen to my advise. But a bass pot is something all iem,s stolid have. In your car or home rig bass is the main thing to fuss with. So may I ask why not for you.

Al

Mar 27, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #4,642 of 8,377
Looks like I'm going to have to send the Roxanne's back for another refit. The sound is clearly louder in the left ear. I'm getting a seal in both ears, but the right ear just plops in without a twist. The left is tighter but not uncomfortable. I'm not sure why everything is louder in the left ear. 

Two sets of ear impressions, and you'd think they could get this right. I've heard nightmare stories of others trying many refit attempts with JHA and never getting it right. Ultimately, throwing $1K+ away. It looks like that might be the case with me. 

Mar 27, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #4,644 of 8,377
Looks like I'm going to have to send the Roxanne's back for another refit. The sound is clearly louder in the left ear. I'm getting a seal in both ears, but the right ear just plops in without a twist. The left is tighter but not uncomfortable. I'm not sure why everything is louder in the left ear. 

Two sets of ear impressions, and you'd think they could get this right. I've heard nightmare stories of others trying many refit attempts with JHA and never getting it right. Ultimately, throwing $1K+ away. It looks like that might be the case with me. 

The question is it really JHA or your impressions. They have instructions on their site to give to the audiologist. I assume you are using them.

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #4,645 of 8,377

That's sounds messed up. If they follow the same procedures, there is possibility that they won't get it right. Maybe try to ask them to shorten the right ear tips for 1-2 cm?

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #4,646 of 8,377
Yes impressions could be your cause. Mine have been received and they are working on them.
I will post my result when it is returned .
Al

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #4,647 of 8,377
Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry for the freak out. I just got frustrated for a moment. 

Both audiologists that were JHA approved in the area were out of town (in LA), so I went to a lady who has done several impressions for Westone and UE. She said that I was the first one that needed second impressions. 

Worst case, I can get impressions from a JHA approved audiologists now that they are in town. My allergies have been going crazy, so maybe that's it. The right side, doesn't seal out the sound nearly as much as the left, so maybe making it a bit thicker might do the trick, and the balance is shifted to the left, so I'm assuming a better seal might even things out. 

Going to call them tomorrow. 

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #4,650 of 8,377
Yes it's ok to explain it's your money not ours. And you have every right to do as you wish, as this thread is fueling frustration for all,of us.

I just want to know why for bass control is all. And if that is not it , all is fine anyway.

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back