New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 27, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #4,651 of 8,377
I'm trying to stay positive and excited but honestly I feel like I'm done with this adventure. I'm not sure I even want these any more. How sad is that? Each passing day leaves me a little more angry. I've said "F-this" about a dozen times today.

This is an absolute ridiculous experience!

Mar 27, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #4,652 of 8,377
Allow me to tell you my first journey with CIEM,s. . My first pair was used. I figured I could play with them to make them fit. I already owned a few pairs of universals .
The usual suspects. . Beats , kloss and finally the hier 4AI. WOW those 4AI were so much better than anything I had before in every way. So now I am amped up for customs.
So I buy a pair of JH16 on hear from an A HOLE WHO RIPS ME OFF , there we're blown up the mids were fried. . So I ask jh audio to fix them. And they'd
Said yes. So 700 first to buy a defective pair . Next about another 650 to repair , reschell and install all new BA,S. . NEXT the fit. They seemed to fit bad. So refit. And still wow not correct . Really bad right , well it was me I was not putting them in correct. The next pair was the jh16FP with the JH3A amp. All good. My next pair is UM PP6 4 months maybe 5 I receive them. Fit no good. Not me now I know how they should fit I have two other pairs. I send them back , they send them back in about 3 or 4 months. I get a package , it's empty inside the pouch. 6 months of fighting with them and all the paperwork and picks of empty packages . And finally I get my pair back. So that one purchase took about a year to resolve. And ps they were supposed to come with a cross connect cable so I could use them without the Amp. They never did produce it. So as I am not knocking any comPany here . But I am illustrating this is a very big aggravation filled hobby . And my next purchase was an attempt at getting the SE5. 1 year of back and forth and in the end they could not make them fit for me. So hundreds of $$$$ gone. So a massage to all read less here and stay busy and they will arrive faster and far less aggravating. Read how they sound and compare to others but not all the other bad news here . This will be my last reading of pre release of any product that I have ordered , it's just toooooo much .
Al

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #4,655 of 8,377
I have been following this thread as I ordered a pair of CF Roxanne during BF. It has been 4 months and I am vaguely told something will happen at the end of 3rd week of April. I assume they will start building my set, if I get lucky 
rolleyes.gif

What pisses me off is they have the capacity to ship out universal Roxanne all over the place (I am outraged when I see them on shelf at my local store in HK)  but not taking priorty to the customers like us who has paid.  
angry_face.gif
 And yeah, the Astell and Kern version will be coming soon too. 
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #4,657 of 8,377
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

Astell & Kern's version of Roxanne is also a universal?

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #4,658 of 8,377
Not saying you should listen to my advise. But a bass pot is something all iem,s stolid have. In your car or home rig bass is the main thing to fuss with. So may I ask why not for you.

Al

Can you elaborate more why you think so? That is actually one of the selling point of getting a Roxanne.

Well for me, the selling point was more about the 12-drivers if anything. 

Coming after IEMs like the Sennheiser IE80 or Aurisonics ASG-2, having a bass pot on the Roxanne is not exactly groundbreaking,
although I'd have to admit tinkering with it many-a-times throughout the show demos.
I also feel that the solution could have been further refined ie. having just one dial to control both channels. 

And when the novelty wears off, you're left with a contraption that is not just more troublesome to store (for people who prefers travelling light) *+1 with the screwdriver*
but is also potentially a point of failure in the audio chain. 

Having said that, the Roxannes does sound wonderful based on the different occasions I've had auditioning it with the iPhone & AK120 (abeit slightly sibilant on certain tracks) 

Top this off with the delays and quality problems, ultimately I decided to give it a pass even though it was going at a promotional BF price.

My wallet feels good again. :)

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #4,659 of 8,377

Top this off with the delays and quality problems, I feel good enough to give it a pass even though it was going at a promotional BF price.

Are you going to pick up something else?  I was quite impressed with the Noble K10 at the LA meet... sounded way funky up top on a DX50 they had on the table, but sublime w/ the Chord Hugo - I personally would have to spend more time with other sources to pick one over the other.

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #4,660 of 8,377
Well for me, the selling point was more about the 12-drivers if anything. 

Coming after IEMs like the Sennheiser IE80 or Aurisonics ASG-2, having a bass pot on the Roxanne is not exactly groundbreaking,

although I'd have to admit tinkering with it many-a-times throughout the show demos.

I also feel that the solution could have been further refined ie. having just one dial to control both channels. 

And when the novelty wears off, you're left with a contraption that is not just more troublesome to store (for people who prefers travelling light) *+1 with the screwdriver*

but is also potentially a point of failure in the audio chain. 

Having said that, the Roxannes does sound wonderful based on the different occasions I've had auditioning it with the iPhone & AK120 (abeit slightly sibilant on certain tracks) 

Top this off with the delays and quality problems, I feel good enough to give it a pass even though it was going at a promotional BF price.

True it's not "The selling point " just one. Your fear is the reason it was implemented on the cable not inside the driver. I don't think anyone owning a Roxanne, keeps tinkering too much on the bass pot all the time except for the first few days when you find which settings works best will your music library. I say you find the setting that works best on your library and leave it there. It was not intended to be used like an EQ.

Regardless of any type of iem the cable is the weakest link and always been the most likely point of failure. That is why it is removable on high end iems.

I believe it's more of the delay and other issues which can greatly amplify the feeling of a buyer's remorse. Not that I'm saying it's not a valid reason. I've been on that point where I want to bail out and I asked for a refund on the last week of January. But apparently at that point it was already done just waiting on the CF case which I deferred and opt with the rounded metal case so I don't wait for who knows how long. They just had little or no clue when they started working with CF. That is the main reason for all this mess.

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #4,661 of 8,377

Are you going to pick up something else?  I was quite impressed with the Noble K10 at the LA meet... sounded way funky up top on a DX50 they had on the table, but sublime w/ the Chord Hugo - I personally would have to spend more time with other sources to pick one over the other.

Yup I'll instead be using the funds toward the FitEar 335 SR mod. 
And a nice little holiday with whatever change left. :)

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #4,662 of 8,377
True it's not "The selling point " just one. Your fear is the reason it was implemented on the cable not inside the driver. I don't think anyone owning a Roxanne, keeps tinkering too much on the bass pot all the time except for the first few days when you find which settings works best will your music library. I say you find the setting that works best on your library and leave it there. It was not intended to be used like an EQ.

Regardless of any type of iem the cable is the weakest link and always been the most likely point of failure. That is why it is removable on high end iems.

I believe it's more of the delay and other issues which can greatly amplify the feeling of a buyer's remorse. Not that I'm saying it's not a valid reason. I've been on that point where I want to bail out and I asked for a refund on the last week of January. But apparently at that point it was already done just waiting on the CF case which I deferred and opt with the rounded metal case so I don't wait for who knows how long. They just had little or no clue when they started working with CF. That is the main reason for all this mess.

I'm sure the delays and qc issues will work themselves out with time, however it isn't a big part of my concerns for backing out.

It's about setting the bass pot for good, as what you have mentioned. Then it goes back to the question of "now what?"
The pot would have semi permanently served its purpose when theoretically you do not have to use it again.

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #4,663 of 8,377
  I have been following this thread as I ordered a pair of CF Roxanne during BF. It has been 4 months and I am vaguely told something will happen at the end of 3rd week of April. I assume they will start building my set, if I get lucky 
rolleyes.gif

What pisses me off is they have the capacity to ship out universal Roxanne all over the place (I am outraged when I see them on shelf at my local store in HK)  but not taking priorty to the customers like us who has paid.  
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

3rd week of April is good to know for you... but still kinda pisses me off when I'm an October order at the front of the curve and still nothing... and yes, the presence of the universal Roxanne has done nothing but annoy futher... but I already know the response from JH on that - it goes through a different process and in themselves, will not hold up CF Roxannes. (Don't quote me on that, just second guessing the response!)

Mar 28, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #4,664 of 8,377
So my brother and I ordered a universal Roxanne from Moon Audio. Drew's service is always good, but it took many months for these IEMs to arrive. Still, no biggie right? Well I open the sealed box (factory sealed) with my brother standing right there, and lo and behold there's nothing but the accessories. No IEMs. Just the storage jar and eartips.

...What? Seriously, Jerry Harvey?

MEGA FAIL.

So we shot an e-mail over to Drew ASAP. I'm assuming they just... uh... somehow left these out at the factory? I'm hoping we don't have to wait several more months for them to make more of them.

Mar 28, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #4,665 of 8,377
Man I feel your pain. Something like that happened to me with UM and the PP6 order . It was a mess and took upwards of a year to solve. But I am very sure JH audio will resolve this very quickly . And you can call them as I had no recourse in my situation. It will be fine and I am sorry it happened to you .

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back