New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 25, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #4,621 of 8,377
  Looks like ALO is selling the universals for $1599. From the pics, it seems that the ones they are selling are the Carbon Fiber Roxannes, which I think is in line with previously reported pricing for universals and the new upchage for the CF. 

Of course if it is the normal non-CF Universal Roxannes, they are either marking things up, or JH has decided to change the Universal pricing.

I don't see ALO offering balanced 2.5mm TRRS terminated cable for the universal Roxanne. Should just wait it out.

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #4,622 of 8,377

I don't see ALO offering balanced 2.5mm TRRS terminated cable for the universal Roxanne. Should just wait it out.

Well. that Roxanne page is a bit light on info and doesn't offer much in the way of options. I assume they will develop it more and give more details after this initial splash.

Too bad about the no returns policy on opened IEMs and headphones from ALO. Though probably wouldn't lose huge amounts reselling Universal Roxannes here if you didn't like them. 

Of course what I want is to be able to demo the Universals. Hopefully that will be an option at AXPONA....

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #4,623 of 8,377
  Well. that Roxanne page is a bit light on info and doesn't offer much in the way of options. I assume they will develop it more and give more details after this initial splash.

Too bad about the no returns policy on opened IEMs and headphones from ALO. Though probably wouldn't lose huge amounts reselling Universal Roxannes here if you didn't like them. 

Of course what I want is to be able to demo the Universals. Hopefully that will be an option at AXPONA....

I'd love to try them too, but I'm not going to gamble over a grand on something that I might not like.  Well I'm sure that I would like them, but I would have to love them beyond belief to justify it.

Mar 25, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #4,624 of 8,377
It has been quiet regarding shipped orders... anyone got some news on their Roxanne's? Esp. CF orders.  I really hope to see that they will start delivering the November orders soon! :) I expect to see somewhat of a gap in mid Nov. I expect most people would be aware of the upcoming promotion and waited with their purchases... so as soon as they start with the November orders, the sooner I will be getting mine!

Mar 25, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #4,625 of 8,377
Well regarding shipping i received one pair and shipped one pAir. Hahaha. So that is two in just one week.

Al

Mar 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #4,626 of 8,377
Just shipped mine as well.
Apparently the socket on the right piece was angled inwards causing it to push against my skin and worsen isolation & comfort.
The logo I received was also wrong.
Thankfully Corbyn was helpful.

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #4,629 of 8,377
Try shaving with a single or double razor after using the Quattro. It makes a difference 
wink.gif
 - Worth $1,599? Who knows lol  Medical insurance, unfortunately, doesn't cover the medicine necessary to help those inflicted with audiophilism, so its all out of pocket.

Just got my Roxanne's back after the first refit attempt. It seems to be giving me a better seal which was the problem. I have to say my heart was racing when it came time to put them in my ears for the first time. I envisioned that sinking feeling of what if they were totally wrong. Fortunately, that wasn't the case. They seem to be at least better, but I'm not out of the woods yet. Time will tell if I'm finally good to go. We shall see.

Oh my, that liquid mid-range... 

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #4,631 of 8,377
hmm so i have to pay for a mistake they made? even though its under warranty??

They must have mentioned that in the terms or services and warranties, the fit is not guaranteed to be perfect. Sure you can try and dispute this to them if they never mentioned this in any terms. That's the risk of buying online/overseaes compared to getting one directly from a local retailer/distributor. But then I'm sure the retailer price will always have a mark up.

You can't get anything for free. There is always the "unrealized/hidden" cost involved.

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #4,632 of 8,377
Looks like ALO is selling the universals for $1599. From the pics, it seems that the ones they are selling are the Carbon Fiber Roxannes, which I think is in line with previously reported pricing for universals and the new upchage for the CF. 

Of course if it is the normal non-CF Universal Roxannes, they are either marking things up, or JH has decided to change the Universal pricing.

Those are just CF faceplates. You can actually see the drivers. I don't think I have seen a full CF universal, they have been either all acrylic or with CF faceplates. I think if they were full CF then Im sure that would be a specification that would be bolded or a couple font sizes larger lol but no mention of that at all..

Mar 26, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #4,635 of 8,377
hmm so i have to pay for a mistake they made? even though its under warranty??

Yes. That's exactly what happened to me with Heir. The cable pins wouldn't stay in & in fact only went in about 3/4 of the way leaving the pins exposed & easily damaged. My after market cables fitted worse so I included one in the package for them to see. When i finally agreed to pay the return shipping the after market cable was missing & the rest was exactly the same. No work had been completed at all. They just sit here now unused. What's the point in sending them back again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back