New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 24, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #4,607 of 8,377
What you ask for is not impossible for you
But it is for someone to recommend
As the most neutral I me I have heard is the jh13
It is for me a true reference IEM.
How ever before you finishing reading this
Others will be here to give you there's.
And that is fine too.
There is two
People on here that I have learned much from
One is the joker and the other is avg joe
They both have multi IEM reviews in a chart
That is extremely helpful to view and read.
The other answer is fun means colored
It's just a discription used. Perhaps the Roxanne is fun
As opposed to the jh13 being the other side of things
Now this is my view and others will say something
Else. And that is ok. Read the multi reviews
Of the two I recommended
It will put things in perspective for you. Why cause
No open debate will occur as in this thread and only fuel your confusion
More.
Al

Wow Al, you're a poet.

Mar 24, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #4,608 of 8,377
  Because analytical usually means as close to neutral as possible, and neutral is boring as hell. 

Nope, Neutral means able to reproduce the intent of the recording engineers as close as possible. Anything else is a distortion of that intent. The best rigs i have ever heard are neutral.

Mar 24, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #4,610 of 8,377

Nope, Neutral means able to reproduce the intent of the recording engineers as close as possible. Anything else is a distortion of that intent. The best rigs i have ever heard are neutral.

Right - as a common example from the pro audio world, the Yamaha NS-10 is both highly analytical (ie. detailed, demonstrates flaws in the recording) yet at the same time far from neutral, being super bright with little low-end.

They were so common that they're certainly a 'reference' monitor, but at the same time those who weren't experienced using them can create mixes that are dull on the top-end, esp. so on consumer grade equipment. 

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #4,613 of 8,377
What do you guys need to do when sending it for re-fit?
I did the online application form, do I send the CIEM to JH now? Or do I have to include anything along with the CIEM when I send it?

Just send the monitors without cable in protective case with reliable carrier (Fedex or UPS) with signature requirement. And include that application form with it. When, if you want it to be done faster, just keep calling them and ask for the work status. My refit was done in 4 days + shipping time.

Mar 25, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #4,614 of 8,377

Exactly. I want to listen to the music exactly as was intended.

For me the way that I think of it is with screens. There are many different typed of screen, rannging from TFT to LCD & LED. With TFT it is arguably the worst of all three listed to use as a screen, it doesn't have good colour saturation resembling how a headphone colours the sound and the viewing angles are very limited, which resembles how a headphone can have a weak soundstage (in this case head stage). Also the refresh rate of a screen would represent the speed of an IEM. The pixel density representing the resolution. With a higher refresh rate the detail in between the frames is captured because there are a higher number of frames revealing any alteration in image, the same way a BA driver can reverberate quickly to pick up on any detail that is lost. In the same way that a screen can have varying pixel density as does a sensitive speaker, meaning that it can pick up on all the little details giving more body to the sound.
It makes sense to have a true accurate display such as an LCD/LED instead of an AMOLED because an LED reproduces accurate colour saturation and contrast whilst not exaggerating anything as is typically the case with AMOLED. The LED is 'neutral,' in that it does not exaggerate the colour, more specifically a particular cover over others. As is a speaker that does not exaggerate any particular frequencies. In summary, I am looking for the best LED screen with 178 degrees viewing angle, 120Hz, 440 PPI (pixels per inch) and accurate colour reproduction.

I am searching for the equivalent in terms of headphone (IEM).

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #4,616 of 8,377
Can anyone explain why I would pay $1599 to ALO audio.come on people, this is exactly the place we need to boycott abuse like this.very angry!!!!!

For what?

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #4,617 of 8,377
Looks like ALO is selling the universals for $1599. From the pics, it seems that the ones they are selling are the Carbon Fiber Roxannes, which I think is in line with previously reported pricing for universals and the new upchage for the CF. 

Of course if it is the normal non-CF Universal Roxannes, they are either marking things up, or JH has decided to change the Universal pricing.

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #4,619 of 8,377
Does jh subsidise the cost of sending back the iems?

No - they pay to ship back to you, but you have to pay to ship to them which isn't cheap when insuring $1,600s worth. But its fair, shipping is shared equally. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back