New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #4,142 of 8,377

I was told the K10 is modded close to the 8A. 

It's a different design and K10 sounds very, I mean very different to 8A. Actually I went to the audition thinking the K10 will sound like another 8.a which was a disappointment to me.

But K10 really surprised me cuz it's a huge improvement over the warm, colored 8.a.

The LCD is the K10 and the He6 is the Roxanne . 

K10 may sound like LCD to some people, though I don't find that's the case.
Roxanne is no where close to HE6, not even a little. 

I use them and add a 6 db boost across the whole spectrum above 400 hz .
I do this to compilation for the resesed mids and highs. 

This is the way you use to solve the RECESSED mid and treble? a 6db boost above 400 Hz? you mean 400 - 17000 Hz? 

8.A is actually lower - mid forward, it only has recessed upper mid - lower treble region (4-7K Hz)...And these problem are not present in K10.

Yes I did . They are mid recessed and treble rolled off .

No, roxanne's mid is more recessed compared K10, and roxanne's treble is not as extended as K10 either.

The description really shocked me...

K10 actually a little bit brighter and a lot more transparent than roxanne on a proper source.

Mar 5, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #4,143 of 8,377
I never said I heard the K10. It was done in emails
From the company representative. They ted me not to buy them
Based on what I told about my feelings
The 8A. So it's not me it's the company where I have my info from.
There was a 5 acrylic that was close tonjh16 sound.
So not to disagree with you but your info does not match there's

Anyway the bass on the heir is Really good beyond what a
Jh audio gives you.
Al

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #4,144 of 8,377
My CF Roxannes are ready to be shipped, but according to the dealer only clear cables are available. Should be arriving in 2-3 days time as I'm in Singapore. FINALLY.

I ordered near 20+ oct but didn't send in impressions as I had gotten a pair of JH16s earlier in September

This is good news. I'm thrilled to hear that you are getting your order after the wait!

Al - you must be close now!

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #4,145 of 8,377
Yea close to the door and the next life is waiting on the other side

LOL. who knows.
Surgery in the morning

Al

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #4,146 of 8,377
I never said I heard the K10. It was done in emails
From the company representative. They ted me not to buy them
Based on what I told about my feelings
The 8A. So it's not me it's the company where I have my info from.
There was a 5 acrylic that was close tonjh16 sound.
So not to disagree with you but your info does not match there's

Anyway the bass on the heir is Really good beyond what a
Jh audio gives you.
Al

Thanks for clearing that up.

I never heard K10 is mod sound like 8.a rather than a brand new CIEM. I didn't even like my 8.a, not even the bass which is clearly not coherent as the rest of the spectrum with its slowing decay and huge impact (like you said "beyond" JH offers). I actually think JH16 and roxanne has more bass quality and extension.

I just wish to give people some real info on how K10 and Roxanne really compares. So they don't have to use their imagination. :wink: 

Actually it's really difficult to describe how K10 sound because it's actually very neutral, a little bit on the smoother side. Roxanne's sound is easier to put in words, it's a JH13 FP with less forward, more spacious presentation, less treble extension and adjustable bass.

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #4,147 of 8,377
There has been something that has been bugging me. I know that the Roxanne has been over-ordered, so much so that JHA had to hire more staff to increase production. These new staff, how well are they trained? Are they even trained at all? I guess these are the folks that are drilling the wrong holes, messing up the colors, and leaving the fingerprints. In any case, ultimately, these are still cosmetic.

Back to what is bugging me. Who is setting up the drivers and tuning the sound?

From the reviews it seems people have difficulty describing the K10 sounds, so things are a little ambiguous, but the Roxannes' reviews are swinging so wildly both ways, and there are people I have come to respect on both sides. Are we sure we are talking about our different individual preferences, or are the individual Roxannes just that different? Case in point, I recall stvc's first set of Roxannes were different from his second set; the sound was quite different too. When we finally receive ours, how do we know whether our set sounds like stvc's first set, second set, better, or worse?

Also, whoever is doing the QA really needs to be looked at. Or maybe that's the new guy.

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #4,150 of 8,377

Hahaha, thanks! Actually, it's later than 2007. 2007 was when I registered. I don't hang around here much! ;p

I'm guessing Roxanne force you out of hiding. lol
dt880smile.png

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #4,151 of 8,377
I'm guessing Roxanne force you out of hiding. lol :dt880smile:

Totally! :dt880smile: Joining in the discussions seemed the only way to keep sane. There was a point at which I had already composed a draft to cancel them and get the k10s. But I had that last glimmer of hope, and the reviews of some of you guys kept me from sending it to Angie. But the opinions keep flipping everywhere! Anyway, they should be on their way soon. I'm holding my zx1 in my hands and keeping my fingers crossed :x

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #4,152 of 8,377
A little update on my fitment issue - my right ear has stretched out accordingly, I'm feeling no difference in tension between left and right now.  Even when putting them in first thing this morning - in fact my left ear my feel a bit tighter now.

What did I do?  Just wore them lot over the past couple days, maybe 10 hours each day - and shoved/twisted the unit in my right ear alot to help loosen things up, to the point where it was getting a bit numb/raw.

I'm a little stunned, the inside of an ear is more pliable than I expected.

Also on the upside on my 7th day of ownership, these things are really blossoming tonally.  Not sure if it's related to physical burn-in, brain burn-in, or my ears relaxing (ie. creating more space in the canal), but I'm not getting that overly thick, veiled presentation anymore - and I'm hearing the treble considerably better. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #4,153 of 8,377
  A little update on my fitment issue - my right ear has stretched out accordingly, I'm feeling no difference in tension between left and right now.  Even when putting them in first thing this morning - in fact my left ear my feel a bit tighter now.

What did I do?  Just wore them lot over the past couple days, maybe 10 hours each day - and shoved/twisted the unit in my right ear alot to help loosen things up, to the point where it was getting a bit numb/raw.

I'm a little stunned, the inside of an ear is more pliable than I expected.

Also on the upside on my 7th day of ownership, these things are really blossoming tonally.  Not sure if it's related to physical burn-in, brain burn-in, or my ears relaxing (ie. creating more space in the canal), but I'm not getting that overly thick, veiled presentation anymore - and I'm hearing the treble considerably better. 

It's actually a little bit of everything
L3000.gif

That's why I waited a full week, making sure my Roxanne logged more than 100 hours of burn in time before making a detailed impressions/comparison.

Glad your right ear adjusted to the fit.

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #4,154 of 8,377
  Not sure if it's related to physical burn-in, brain burn-in, or my ears relaxing (ie. creating more space in the canal), but I'm not getting that overly thick, veiled presentation anymore - and I'm hearing the treble considerably better. 

Good to hear. I'll see if mine opens up too next week, but I am not going to listen to it as it's burning in :wink:, because quite often it's more "brain burn in" rather than "physical burn in". Your brain just start to "analyse" the wave in a quicker, magnified way :)

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #4,155 of 8,377
  Good to hear. I'll see if mine opens up too next week, but I am not going to listen to it as it's burning in :wink:, because quite often it's more "brain burn in" rather than "physical burn in". Your brain just start to "analyse" the wave in a quicker, magnified way :)

Perhaps, but I am bouncing it against my TG!334s every other day.

The first few days had the 334s sounding significantly more bright and punchy.  I don't get that anymore.  The best way I can describe it is initially they sounded like they had less headroom than they do now, that the sound was fairly compressed.  It was so pronounced that I actually turned the bass all the way down and it still sounded too bassy for a couple days, but now I'm back up around 1-2pm.  

My theory is this was largely a fitment related issue - they were very tight initially, to the point of being painful if I tried to close my mouth.  Now my canals have relaxed to the point where I can hardly feel them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back