New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 5, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #4,114 of 8,377
have they compared the two even ?
i actually wish i had ordered the k10's man, 
how much of a diff could there be even if the roxannes are better, 

honestly am still excited for roxannes as they are my first ciem ever , but its just not fair to treat customers who are paying fu*ing 1850$ for CIEMS , where as my mom would be like don't pay more than $100 for ear phones, 

i saved up, borrowed a couple hundred as well, and this is how JH audio is behaving !

Some people here who got both Roxannes and K10 preferred the K10.

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #4,116 of 8,377
I don't think Tupac owns the K10 (not yet at least) - his opinion was off a demo unit he heard prior to getting his Roxanne.

- VZero prefers the K10
- lewisbot prefers the Roxanne

Anyone else?  

The K10 sounds like a killer unit, and probably at this point if I had $$ in hand and wanted to put it somewhere I'd pick that as the safe bet.  That said, JH Audio is not terribly well loved at this time, and well... the Wizard has a Val Kolton-esque presence on head-fi.

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #4,118 of 8,377
Let me put it this way... if I could go back in time, I would have chosen the K10 simply because Noble Audio is a much better company to deal with.

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #4,119 of 8,377
Actually the more i think about that bass pot, the more i find it a bad idea.
Sure, its fun to play with the different levels now. But as the novelty wears off, most users are going to settle with one setting eventually.
That's when lugging that piece of plastic on the cable will quickly start to become a hassle.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #4,121 of 8,377
Sure, its fun to play with the different levels now. But as the novelty wears off, most users are going to settle with one setting eventually.
That's when lugging that piece of plastic on the cable will quickly start to become a hassle.

I read on a 3rd-party cable maker website that they will offer Roxanne cable with fix bass output, pre-determined by the client.
Can't remember the brand

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #4,122 of 8,377

I settle on 2 settings, 9 o'clock and 1 o'clock. One for reduced bass and the other if I need a bass boost. You'll never know when you will need to change the bass level. It's always convenient having that option to change the bass. The cable is thick enough for that piece of plastic not to botter me. It is actually useful when you put your DAP in a bag, that plastic serves as an anchor/stopper when the cable gets caught on something, preventing the cable from ripping off of the headphone out of your DAP.

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #4,124 of 8,377

I settle on 2 settings, 9 o'clock and 1 o'clock. One for reduced bass and the other if I need a bass boost. You'll never know when you will need to change the bass level. It's always convenient having that option to change the bass. The cable is thick enough for that piece of plastic not to botter me. It is actually useful when you put your DAP in a bag, that plastic serves as an anchor/stopper when the cable gets caught on something, preventing the cable from ripping off of the headphone out of your DAP.

That bag must have a rather short strap? :)
Even then, you are wearing customs, its going to be much more secure than universals in the event of an accident.

How about walking with just the dap on hand?
I'm pretty sure the inertia from the swinging will tug the cable enough to eventually cause a failure?
It was one thing i couldn't test while auditioning the demo.

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #4,125 of 8,377
I read on a 3rd-party cable maker website that they will offer Roxanne cable with fix bass output, pre-determined by the client.

Can't remember the brand

That makes for an interesting DIY project. Cable-rolling which actually have noticeable changes.
Perhaps you can mesaure the resistance for each bass level setting you prefer and then make a cable with a fix resistor to the bass line to get the same effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back