New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #4,052 of 8,377

Y be concern if you can't hear the difference?

How would you know if the extra hole makes no difference if you have nothing to compare it with? I would check with JH, just to be sure.

Yes he has a pair of IEMs right? Try some monotones and normal songs to see if theres any difference between left and right.

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #4,055 of 8,377
  Feel where the pain is coming from after use, then use JH Audio's online tool to identify the problem area.

Also - you sure you are inserting it correctly? Search it up on youtube for how to properly insert the IEM.

In the mean time, keep wearing them as long as you could even not listening. I had the same issue but it disappeared.

That's the thing - there isn't really any localized pain.  They're just a bit too big everywhere.  It's more of a persistent pressure.  

It's as if the one on the left was done with a smaller bite block.  I can visually see that the right one is bigger.

I can give it some more time, but it seems like the last 3 days have been the same.  Pretty uncomfortable for the first 30 minutes, then slowly over the course of the day my ears stretch out to the point where it's a minor annoyance.

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #4,056 of 8,377
Seriously though, is this acceptable for $1500?
I'll let you do the judging.

Acceptable?? There are alot of things that JHA has done that is not acceptable for some...taking all our $$ and make us wait months without an ETA...cables breaking apart after a few days , flaws on the CF case....just to name a few...

This one I would consider the most acceptable if there are no noticable difference in SQ between the left and right place.

If there is than it is definately no acceptable.

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #4,057 of 8,377
They sound great. Fantastic. They sound better then my JH13s. I was just concerned that the bore holes could lead to something else down the road either structurally with the shell or sonically long term. I will of course call JH in the morning, but I thought I would test the message boards first to gather any extra insight. 

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #4,058 of 8,377
Acceptable?? There are alot of things that JHA has done that is not acceptable for some...taking all our $$ and make us wait months without an ETA...cables breaking apart after a few days , flaws on the CF case....just to name a few...

This one I would consider the most acceptable if there are no noticable difference in SQ between the left and right place.

If there is than it is definately no acceptable.

If cosmetics doesn't matter to you, then yes it is probably acceptable (only to you).
But if I buy a Ferrari with different number of spokes on each wheel, then I'll definitely send it back and ask for replacements or at least ask for an extra wheel.
Yes, it won't probably affect the performance.
But come on... "top of the line" ?.

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #4,059 of 8,377

If cosmetics doesn't matter to you, then yes it is probably acceptable (only to you).
But if I buy a Ferrari with different number of spokes on each wheel, then I'll definitely send it back and ask for replacements or at least ask for an extra wheel.

While it may not affect performance one iota, surely they knew about the piece with the extra hole - they should have sent you an email letting you know it's purely cosmetic rather than saying nothing, hoping you'd just let it slide or not notice at all...I think that's a fair expectation at this price.

Mar 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #4,060 of 8,377
While it may not affect performance one iota, surely they knew about the piece with the extra hole - they should have sent you an email letting you know it's purely cosmetic rather than saying nothing, hoping you'd just let it slide or not notice at all...I think that's a fair expectation at this price.

Seeing them shipping a CF case with imperfections/stain, a Roxanne pair with a visible thumb print on the faceplate and another pair with unbalance color shade I am not surprise if this one slipped off the cracks again of their QA ( or lack of).

Mar 4, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #4,061 of 8,377
Bobeau -

I ordered some JH 16 on BF and when I got them, they were too tight, one ear canal too long, and too wide thus stuck out at angle.
My reference point was my UE 7 which fit perfect. I sent them pictures of how they fit, how they compared to my UE 7 (shape), and used online tool.
I even called and spoke to repair person and explained all of the issues and followed up. When i got them back, they were exponentially better thus really happy.

Point being is that you have to stay on top of it because the last think you want is to keep on sending then back. 
Lot's of work but worth it in the end.

It's expensive and time consuming.

I hope this helps!

Mar 4, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #4,063 of 8,377

I am not saying it is acceptable but considering all the other unaccpetable that JHA has shown us this is a rather same inperfection.

BTW I am Recieving mine this friday...hope I don't get any major flaws...at less not on the IEM themself...

If not it will cost me another $60 to ship it back becasue I am in australia and it might take a month to get them back...

PS. And no, spokes and and extra hole is not the right example... it is more like a different color screw for the left and right supension. You know it different but you can't really see it while driving it.

Mar 4, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #4,064 of 8,377
Does anyone have good advice for a successful refit?

I get a good seal but my right earpiece is slightly large to the point of being a bit uncomfy... JH Audio asked ot give specific info on where it's tight, but I can't for certain point to anything specific.  It feels like my jaw must have been slightly shifted when I took the impressions - just larger overall.
If I was you I would ask for full reshell of the right piece. When they do small adjustements, it takes a lot of back and forth with no guarantee that it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back