New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 26, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #3,946 of 8,377
Congrats robm!

Just called JH for an update.  Found out that not only did they ship on Monday, but they're on the truck to be delivered in the next 2.5 hours.  Fortunately I'm by my home so I went back to be here to sign for the package.

Didn't get a notice from JH nor Fedex, and when I go to my order on my account it still shows my status as "Impressions Received".  The guy I talked to at JH, Shane, told me that Fedex is the one to actually send out a notification.  Checked my spam, nothing.

EDIT: Just got them, they look awesome and the fit is spot on... on to initial listening, will upload photos in the impressions thread momentarily.

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #3,947 of 8,377
I'm considering getting the Roxanne, but have a couple questions that I just can't seem to answer that maybe someone could help with.

I'm thinking about getting custom silicon tips now and the universal Roxanne later to have good comfort and flexibility, but there are a couple of things I just can't seem to get support to answer.

Can you customize the universal shell like you can the custof fit shell, or are they minimum option things?
Are the universal shells different dimensions from the custom shells? (Smaller, stick out further, etc?)

I want a universal shell for ease, but I don't want to sacrifice my customization options or have just a round shell (that's what it looks like to me) just because of it.
My dream is to get a custom shell, with the tip just being made universal. Is that a hard image to grasp?

Feb 26, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #3,948 of 8,377
Thanks Bobeau! 

Congrats to you as well. I look forward to your impressions/pics. 

Feb 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #3,949 of 8,377
Congrats robm!

Just called JH for an update.  Found out that not only did they ship on Monday, but they're on the truck to be delivered in the next 2.5 hours.  Fortunately I'm by my home so I went back to be here to sign for the package.

Didn't get a notice from JH nor Fedex, and when I go to my order on my account it still shows my status as "Impressions Received".  The guy I talked to at JH, Shane, told me that Fedex is the one to actually send out a notification.  Checked my spam, nothing.

EDIT: Just got them, they look awesome and the fit is spot on... on to initial listening, will upload photos in the impressions thread momentarily.

When did you order?

Feb 26, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #3,950 of 8,377
Congrats robm!

Is yours CF? Mine was suppost to be shipped out on monday as well..and haven't recieved anything emails as well.

Feb 26, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #3,951 of 8,377
Congrats robm!

Is yours CF? Mine was suppost to be shipped out on monday as well..and haven't recieved anything emails as well.

His is not.

Feb 26, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #3,952 of 8,377
Ordered on BF, #19279 originally carbon fiber.  They received my impressions on the 12/5, but entered into their system on the 9th.  Roughly a month ago I switched to acrylic and a metal case.

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #3,953 of 8,377
Got mine and it was sent yesterday. My order number 124xx. I think it was worth the wait. Can someone explain the bass knobs? If I move the knobs to the right, the bass goes higher?

Carbon fiber case is nice looking but not very practical in terms of portability. Does the round case fit easily in the pocket?

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #3,955 of 8,377
^ clockwise, the bass goes higher.
-0.5dB at 8am, 0dB at 9am, JH13 level at 2pm and JH16 level at 4pm.
That's what Jerry mentioned before

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #3,956 of 8,377
Thank you akhyar. My impressions were received Dec 19th. Purchased last minute black friday deal. Sound is pretty good from my iphone. Not too sure if i want to go with a calyx m or zx1 anymore, and itunes playlist is so convenient...

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #3,957 of 8,377
Got mine and it was sent yesterday. My order number 124xx. I think it was worth the wait. Can someone explain the bass knobs? If I move the knobs to the right, the bass goes higher?

Carbon fiber case is nice looking but not very practical in terms of portability. Does the round case fit easily in the pocket?

The round case is too thick for tight pockets but small enough for a cargo pants pocket or a small bag. The CF case I think was meant for a showcase/display purpose or long term storage.

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #3,959 of 8,377

Crappy phone picture in the sun on the dirty hood of my car, but I got them finally after a FedEx fiasco. 

They pretty much sound the way everyone has described. "Thick" has been used and its pretty accurate. I'd say "saturated" and "rich". There's a lot going on per square inch in your head. Its anything but thin. And the amount of bass added has nothing to do with that. In fact, I have the bass slightly higher than the lowest setting at this point. 

In regards the comments about the "laid back highs", I would rather define them as having smooth leading edges. They are extended, but there is no sharpness, just smooth rounded edges. That pretty much goes for the sound overall. Very refined and polished... and very 3D with great timbre accuracy. The multiple drivers in there definitely create a more speaker like sound than you'd normally expect from an IEM. At least I assume the drivers make for the effortless sound. 

The fit isn't bad. I'll have to try them out longer to see if they need to be sent back for a refit. I've always felt that the best speakers, headphones, IEMs never wow you. And that is the case with these. But they make you want to keep listening and are very musical. 

Definitely an end game IEM. 

Congratulations and thanks for your valuable impressions. Now I am even more eager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back