New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #3,932 of 8,377
I've had no problems with JH and would buy from them again, but it does seem like they have CS problems with widespread issues. They need to work on that because this experience may rub off on Roxanne reviews (different tone, bad impressions rubbing off, etc.).

Although, I'm not sure I'd correlate a higher price with better customer service, just a more elusive product.

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #3,933 of 8,377
If not FIFO then what? Can't think of any other way they can do it.

I think you missed my sarcasm.

Look at the previous posts. FIFO should be working for them and is indeed the way it should be done... but it appears that JHA are even having trouble getting that right.

Anyway, do you know what really boils my piss?

Checking out the JH facebook page and seeing the way that JH Audio are dealing with a certain Kevin Chong's problem. They can't even read his text properly to understand the problem... (he has ordered a JH16 and is being fobbed off saying that there is a problem with CF Roxannes. Clearly, this is of no consequence to Mr Chong) and when he comes back stating this fact, he is clearly ignored.... but conversely, JH Audio are quite happy to comment on a happy customer's post that was made within the last hour.

Way to go social media staff at JHA, A+ in customer relations!

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #3,934 of 8,377
  I've had no problems with JH and would buy from them again, but it does seem like they have CS problems with widespread issues. They need to work on that because this experience may rub off on Roxanne reviews (different tone, bad impressions rubbing off, etc.).

Although, I'm not sure I'd correlate a higher price with better customer service, just a more elusive product.

CF delays and cracked nuts aside, Roxanne delivers the promised SQ. In fact much better than what I remember hearing from the demo. I spent the past weekend comparing it to JH16 and Beyerdynamic T1. The overall presentation is much closer to a full-size headphone than a ciem. It is at least a couple of steps up over JH16.

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #3,935 of 8,377
I think the least they could do is to tell us how much time was spent working on the previous CFs. I mean the duration might be different for each order they get but at least we roughly know how long the process is. The thing now is that they're beating around the bush.

Feb 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #3,936 of 8,377
  Yea so umm, I'm not defending JHA or anything, but just so everyone is aware:

Order placed on 1-12-2013 with BF discount
Impressions sent in on 6-12-2013
Impressions received on 9-12-2013
Order status updated on 12-12-2013
Order shipped on 24-1-2014
Order received on 27-1-2014
Nuts broke on 2-2-2014
New cable sent out on 2-6-2014
New cable received on 2-7-2014
Refit requested on 2-8-2014
Sent in for refit on 2-10-2014
Repairs completed on 2-14-2014
Shipped back to me on 2-17-2014
Received on 2-18-2014

Seems pretty efficient to me counting the added BF volume and the holidays. I would get off the CF train.

What? You're quite the fortunate one then! Did you by any chance pay for a rush order? Because I tried to and they said that they do not accept rush orders for Roxannes.

Feb 25, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #3,937 of 8,377
  You are just the exception. My order was placed on 30Nov for Acrylic Roxanne. They received the impressions on 05Dec. I sent my first follow up email on the 27Jan I got a vague reply about shipping basically saying no ETA and asked me to check again after a couple of weeks..

Then someone mentioned the CF case was holding the delivery for Acrylic Roxanne so on 29th May I sent a mail to Angie to check if this is true and if they can just sent it immediately with the round case. I didn't get a reply until the following week when I sent another email complaining about the delay/lack of updates and if I can cancel my order if they can't provide an ETA.

They finally shipped mine with the round case on 7th Feb and delivered to my address on the 10thFeb. I was on a trip that week so I got to try it on the 16th.

Although I'm enjoying Roxanne now, still disappointed with the experience.

So you actually sent your second email on the 29th Jan, and then you sent the complaint email on, say, the 3rd Feb, and you received yours on the 10th Feb? Maybe I need to send a complaint email too. However I still want my CF case. It's not nice IMHO but I thought it's still quite special.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #3,938 of 8,377

CF delays and cracked nuts aside, Roxanne delivers the promised SQ. In fact much better than what I remember hearing from the demo. I spent the past weekend comparing it to JH16 and Beyerdynamic T1. The overall presentation is much closer to a full-size headphone than a ciem. It is at least a couple of steps up over JH16.

you know of anyone receiving their universal version? i can understand the delays on the customs Roxanne CF orders, but not universal ones since its just carbon on the faceplate...!

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #3,939 of 8,377
Does anyone know where the Universal Fit Roxanne is available in Australia ? I have checked the usual suspects and no one seems to have it.

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #3,940 of 8,377

So you actually sent your second email on the 29th Jan, and then you sent the complaint email on, say, the 3rd Feb, and you received yours on the 10th Feb? Maybe I need to send a complaint email too. However I still want my CF case. It's not nice IMHO but I thought it's still quite special.

It's useless to me, can't carry it around. It will probably gather dust at home. The round metal case is much practical to me.

I didn't know Acrylic order comes with CF case. Had I known it early I could have gotten my Roxanne much early. Instead it sit there doing nothing for quite a while.

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #3,941 of 8,377

you know of anyone receiving their universal version? i can understand the delays on the customs Roxanne CF orders, but not universal ones since its just carbon on the faceplate...!

Last thing I heard, Universal Roxannes will ship in the middle or late March according to JH. I initially considered going Universal, but the BF sale made me go customs, because the discounted custom would cost roughly the same as Universal if I go to my local dealer.

Feb 26, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #3,943 of 8,377
I have waited long and I am also very eager. It is obvious that JH didn't expect the size of the order for Roxanne and being an independent Artisanal outfit, I personally will cut them some slack.

Although it is difficult, I will try to take it easy and keep reminding myself it's only a hobby.

Cheers!

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #3,944 of 8,377
  It will be available from here (http://www.nsaudiology.com.au/index.php/en/) from Mid-March, but it may be available from everywhere by then for all I know.

Thanks for that..

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #3,945 of 8,377

Crappy phone picture in the sun on the dirty hood of my car, but I got them finally after a FedEx fiasco. 

They pretty much sound the way everyone has described. "Thick" has been used and its pretty accurate. I'd say "saturated" and "rich". There's a lot going on per square inch in your head. Its anything but thin. And the amount of bass added has nothing to do with that. In fact, I have the bass slightly higher than the lowest setting at this point. 

In regards the comments about the "laid back highs", I would rather define them as having smooth leading edges. They are extended, but there is no sharpness, just smooth rounded edges. That pretty much goes for the sound overall. Very refined and polished... and very 3D with great timbre accuracy. The multiple drivers in there definitely create a more speaker like sound than you'd normally expect from an IEM. At least I assume the drivers make for the effortless sound. 

The fit isn't bad. I'll have to try them out longer to see if they need to be sent back for a refit. I've always felt that the best speakers, headphones, IEMs never wow you. And that is the case with these. But they make you want to keep listening and are very musical. 

Definitely an end game IEM. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back