New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 9, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #2,566 of 8,377
I think as has already been said that it's actually illegal to change the price after the slaw has taken place.

Apart from that though If they weren't going to honour orders that have already been placed wouldn't they of at least let us know (the people who it would affect) before word got out about the increase?

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #2,567 of 8,377
I'm surprised there's anyone here seriously entertaining the idea that JH would somehow try to demand money post-purchase from existing customers. Do people really think that's a possibility? Not only is it unethical, it's illegal. Step back and think about it... I don't know about you guys, but personally I'd feel a bit embarrassed asking JH such a question unprompted. It's a bit insulting to them, don't you think? What have they done to elicit such mistrust?

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #2,568 of 8,377
Came late to party can someone be nice and tell the old guy what is happening now please ?

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #2,571 of 8,377
Simply put, it would be illegal for them to charge you more after the order is placed. Future orders are another matter. No freak out necessary. 

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #2,572 of 8,377
I got them!

Unfortunately, I need to send them back in for a refit. They're a bit heavy (because I have small ears), so I think I need to get a tighter fit in my canals. Otherwise, they're perfect. So far, everything sounds effortless, they're actually not very warm, the treble is not prominent, but it's also not recessed, and the sub-bass is what I've been missing from a lot of other IEMs; I can't stop smiling (which doesn't help with the seal). I'll leave it at that for now because it's a new toy and I need a better fit.

I don't want to give them up, though...

Edited to add my terrible picture!

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #2,573 of 8,377
^ bummer about the fit. Glad to hear about the sound signature. That's what I'm looking for.

Are you going to use the same audiologist for a new impression or are they just going to make it a bit thicker for a better seal? 

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #2,574 of 8,377
  ^ bummer about the fit. Glad to hear about the sound signature. That's what I'm looking for.

Are you going to use the same audiologist for a new impression or are they just going to make it a bit thicker for a better seal? 

I think I'll use the same audiologist and tell her to increase the pressure. She said she'd do them for free (and she is experienced, I usually get a perfect fit with her). Like I said, I think I just need a tighter fit because of how much they stick out/the weight. I may be able to ask them to make them a bit thicker, but I'll send the new impressions in just to be safe.

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #2,577 of 8,377
I ordered second week in October CF. and have not rec anything.

Al

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #2,578 of 8,377

PS.:  I am hoping that Sony comes out with a version 2 of their new portable (with DSD and more space).  Than I might sell my AK120 and move into that direction.

a 256 Gb or even 512 Gb version of the SONY player will be a killer !!

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #2,580 of 8,377
Just get a 901 with two 256gb sd cards from Lexar and be done with it.

you are correct, the 901 has the right capacity, but... rude and slow user interface.  I can't imagine how slow and buggy it will become with 512 Gb of data to manage :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back