New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #991 of 8,377
Does anyone know a safe reliable vendor who is currently selling the UF version.  Does the UF version have the same options for face plate and shell colour as the Custom ?  I have scoured the net trying to find out but can't find any. Jaben in Melbourne is taking orders for the Custom..... at $1990 ouch.

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #992 of 8,377
Does anyone know a safe reliable vendor who is currently selling the UF version.  Does the UF version have the same options for face plate and shell colour as the Custom ?  I have scoured the net trying to find out but can't find any. Jaben in Melbourne is taking orders for the Custom..... at $1990 ouch.

When you said UF, I presumed you were talking about the universal Roxanne is it? So far, I've come accross 3 vendors affiliated with JHA that offer universal Roxanne. Moon Audio in US, Jaben SIngapore and another vendor in Bangkok that I can't remember their names.
So Jaben in Melbourne did not offer the 20% discount during the Black Friday sales?
I was told by Uncle Wilson of Jaben SG that this is the first time JHA offers the 20% to their vendors network as previously the discount only applicable if you order direct from JH Audio

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #993 of 8,377
Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp

My pic I have the DAC. And the alo amp combo. This is a one package deal
There is. Thread on here about this unit read. Please
Read reviews and be happy. My disclaimer is it's your decision in the end.

Al D

I see you recommending a balanced as well as single output amp. I assume you are using the single output. To my limited technical knowledge, the Roxanne will be incapable of being balanced. With the bass adjustment on the cable how could the balanced signal be sent up the cables?

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #994 of 8,377
I see you recommending a balanced as well as single output amp. I assume you are using the single output. To my limited technical knowledge, the Roxanne will be incapable of being balanced. With the bass adjustment on the cable how could the balanced signal be sent up the cables?

From Moon Audio, they can make a balance cable, so the answer will be yes, but the cable won't be ready in 6 month time.

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #995 of 8,377
How can you send a balanced signal up the cables as you need two left and two right channels to achieve a balanced signal with an RSA or iBasso amp? With a bass boost in the cable how would that be technically feasible? I also thought Moon Audio said they will have a silver Roxanne cable in 6 months not a balanced but I could be wrong.

Edit: I guess it would be possible if the bass boost has a dual crossover to separate the mids and highs from the bass and a second crossover for the mids and highs at the IEM allowing for a balanced signal.

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #996 of 8,377
  They confirmed to me that they can use my old ear impressions.

So....just placed order too.....I hate myself... 
triportsad.gif

I am partly at fault here so....I am really glad :)

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #997 of 8,377
When you said UF, I presumed you were talking about the universal Roxanne is it? So far, I've come accross 3 vendors affiliated with JHA that offer universal Roxanne. Moon Audio in US, Jaben SIngapore and another vendor in Bangkok that I can't remember their names.
So Jaben in Melbourne did not offer the 20% discount during the Black Friday sales?
I was told by Uncle Wilson of Jaben SG that this is the first time JHA offers the 20% to their vendors network as previously the discount only applicable if you order direct from JH Audio

Yes i mean Universal Fit... Thanks for the contacts.. Regarding Jaben Melbourne... nothing on the website indicated any sort of sale price....

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #998 of 8,377
How can you send a balanced signal up the cables as you need two left and two right channels to achieve a balanced signal with an RSA or iBasso amp? With a bass boost in the cable how would that be technically feasible? I also thought Moon Audio said they will have a silver Roxanne cable in 6 months not a balanced but I could be wrong.

Edit: I guess it would be possible if the bass boost has a dual crossover to separate the mids and highs from the bass and a second crossover for the mids and highs at the IEM allowing for a balanced signal.

I'm definitely not a right person to answer how it work, i wrote a mail to moon audio asked if they able to make a balance cable and the answer was yes... let wait and see, it won't change the fact what ever we talk here :p. Just enjoy the SE until the propriety connector available for the cable maker.

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #999 of 8,377
Good morning all

The Roxanne cable from cross over to iem,s has enough wires for true Ba cables, the cross over should be separate channels so again looks good.
Now from mini XlR to cross over we need 4 wires. This is where as I do not have one I am not sure . So we will have to wait and see who gets it first .
Has anybody who demoed the iem taken notice of the wires from jack to cross over and counted them??

As for moon audio as I am sure they are a good company but I would only buy an amp that. Is capable of both bal and SE for now..

Al D

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #1,000 of 8,377
I'm definitely not a right person to answer how it work, i wrote a mail to moon audio asked if they able to make a balance cable and the answer was yes... let wait and see, it won't change the fact what ever we talk here :p. Just enjoy the SE until the propriety connector available for the cable maker.
I think the key is too ask whether the after market cable will include the bass adjustment knob or not. As if The new jh 4-pin tip is available We should be able to easily make the cable without the bass knob provided that I carefully trace all the signals with multi meter before I begins.

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #1,002 of 8,377
You need the bass modual it is also the cross over

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #1,003 of 8,377
You need the bass modual it is also the cross over
Understand however normally with single end cable the cross over is just the short of all cable together. From what I understand the 4-pin is h,m,l,g. So the cable with the bass module is separate h,m then l feed to the bass knob then rejoin back at the TRS jack. IMO

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #1,004 of 8,377
I will turn the bass all the way down when i buy the Roxxane, all want to know about is the Mids,Treble Quality, i am between this one and Hidition NT6 Pro.

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #1,005 of 8,377
Balanced cables for an IEM is superfluous IMO. I would be cautious here of having any real sonic benefit.

After listening to 5 ba IEM's and 8 ba CiEMs both single ended and balanced, using RSA Intruder as amp, I can honestly say that there is a sonic difference, at least to my ears. Matching volume I found better separation and a more dinamic sound. Also bigger soundstage. Cables were Heir Magnus 1 for SE and a balanced cable from RSA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back